Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

I dont know if this has been suggested before, but anyway im going to do it then.

I know the game is about big scale faction war and so on, and I most likely will get a lot of "hate" for this idea, luckily I dont care about people hating so do your best, gramma mistakes and typos are free of charge btw. 

With that being said, I would love to see a "arena" perhaps placed in the neutral city. 

I imagine this arena should be where you could sign up for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 4v4 and 5v5. 

Once you enter the arena all gear will be scored equal, same system they have in Blade and Soul. 

This way the fights will actually be skill based and not just a zerg vs zerg fest, and you dont just win by default because you out gear the other players. 

Victory's should be rewarded with a suitable amount of points both in the leaderboard to each player, but also give points to the faction the winning player/players represent. 

There could also be made a separate scoreboard for arena fights only? 

In order to ensure people dont use the system to gain points to a faction, a max amount of losses should be set per day (maybe week?) so you cant boost your mates score on the other faction by loosing on purpose. 

Any way this is simply a suggestion to a place where you can test/try out your actual PVP skill, for people who (like me) enjoys PVP, but zerg vs zerg less so. 

Edited by PinkFluffyPanda

Just now, PinkFluffyPanda said:

same system they have in Blade and Soul.

I was going to dislike this idea (as TDM and FFA DM competitions are not in my taste), but the fact you didn't give an idea that comes from SB changed my mind.  I probably wouldn't participate at all (and may not even spectate), but go ahead.  Ideas from new sources would be rather refreshing right now.

Although, on the regards of this idea, there is the concept that supposedly you should be able to turn your EK into a "gladiator arena".  So, there is that.  Just enable the PVP feature.

Milla's Elemental Mastery [Ravens & Crows - See "About Me" Section]:

Spoiler
  • Rosaline: Elemental of Earth, Female Wood-Elf Earth-Keeper, Political Main.
  • Ametrine: Elemental of Fire, Female Nethari Fire-Sanctifer, Endurance Main.
  • Sylphine: Elemental of Air, Female Fae Storm-Caller, Combat Main.
  • Cyandine: Elemental of Water, Female High-Elf Frost-Weaver, Tactical Main.
  • Lumirine: Elemental of Light, Female Human Holy-Crusader, Support Assist.
  • Ebontine: Elemental of Dark, Female Half-Elf Moon-Warden, Survival Assist.

Posted (edited)

Firstly thanks for your comment 😊

Yeah i know we can do it EK, but it would just be nice if there was some "official" tournament of some sort. 

That way if you dont have so much time to harvest, craft or doing sieges because of real life stuff, you still have an chance to contribute to your guild/faction. 

And im, as you mention, well aware its not gonna be for every body. 

I will put it a little "Black and White'ish":

I really dont enjoy lagg'ish sieges with FPS issues and so on (im a competetive kind of Guy who have played First Person Shooters where skill/understanding is basicly everything) and it annoys me when it feels like you lose not because the other were better, but because they had the numbers and the gear. 

If that makes sense.

And I think i might not be the only one who sees PVP that way, but that's just a guess. Also a sidenote is that, maybe it could attract new players? thus increasing the player base, who knows? 🤔

8 minutes ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Firstly thanks for your comment 😊

Yeah i know we can do it EK, but it would just be nice if there was some "official" tournament of some sort. 

That way if you dont have so much time to harvest, craft or doing sieges because of real life stuff, you still have an chance to contribute to your guild/faction. 

And im, as you mention, well aware its not gonna be for every body. 

I will put it a little "Black and White'ish":

I really dont enjoy lagg'ish sieges with FPS issues and so on (im a competetive kind of Guy who have played First Person Shooters where skill/understanding is basicly everything) and it annoys me when it feels like you lose not because the other were better, but because they had the numbers and the gear. 

If that makes sense.

And I think i might not be the only one who sees PVP that way, but that's just a guess. Also a sidenote is that, maybe it could attract new players? thus increasing the player base, who knows? 🤔

I'm a fan of PVP in any form with structured/tiered systems being the best for competitive play. Unfortunately, seems like ACE is leaning heavily into rewarding those that bring more and play more over those with individual/group skill (not that it isn't also needed).

They had the Hunger Dome which was a basic battle royale and with their leaderboards, they have the foundation in place for your suggestion.

However, not sure an Arena as you describe really makes any sense in this design or lore wise (not that getting points for standing in circles makes sense).

Would be fun down the line but I don't see it happening soon. Kickstarter goal was Tournaments on a larger scale so I could see these types of systems coming eventually.

Until then, enjoy ganking or running in a lag pack...

I think its a good idea, perhaps if the rewards were very small/cosmetic so they didn't drag you away from the throne war. However, not everyone is available at siege oclock and many of us like to dive into a game and straight into some skilled PvP, as the success of the recent Arena and Battle Royal games has showed. Personally I loved Alterac Valley in Wow,  the (Huttball!) Arena's in SWTOR, Warhammer Online, Neverwinter and the 'Go straight to battle' feature of Planetside 2, for example. 

Having said that, we are early in the process and if this throne war ends up as populated as say GW2 or ESO Cryodil round the clock, then that would be great too. I guess that depends on the end state of Siege Windows and other capture mechanics.

1 hour ago, Raindog said:

Personally I loved Alterac Valley in Wow

Same. For all the grief WoW has received, it did have decent PVP arenas/BGs. AV matches could go on for hours/days which is sort of like an early version of a campaign.

There was actually some strategy and communication to do multiple tasks to achieve a common goal. Had as much fun going solo, grouped, or with a guild and actually felt like I was doing something and part of the fight.

Kind of why I worry that CF's "months long" campaigns might be a bust. If victory conditions are just wait for the time to run out, people might lose interest. Especially if outcomes are determined early or just lopsided in general. We'll need more victory triggers that can let it end before it's too late.

Which is what Blizzard did with AV for better/worse. Gave players the options to do what they want. Believe when I stopped playing it was more of the "rush" strat with little focus on each other and just the final NPC. Path of least resistance overshadows that thirst for blood. Still in something like CF, would enjoy seeing actually tasks to do that led up to something or connected to a chain of events. Not just show up at 4:00, 7:25, 9:30 or stand in circles.

5 hours ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

I dont know if this has been suggested before, but anyway im going to do it then.

was suggested multiple times

was disliked by community

was rejected by devs

anyway I like this idea coz I think at the end this game will be something like any other games - multigaming inside one. but before CF should get stable and big community else this is a huge split

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)

Alright. With the formalities out of the way. I would love such a concept, but I feel like it's important that it's not seperated from the campaign world, so not like a different realm/instance or EK for that matter. You should still be made aware of the situation on the battlefield to have the greater goal in mind - the total victory for your faction/guild/alliance. That's why I also like the idea of it rewarding you with faction score.

It could be a fight pit in the free city, where traders for example can randomly run past and watch for a while or fight themself. No judgment.

I would also like a "borderless" FFA pit in the temple, similar to the one they added to the gw2 pvp lobby at some point, where you can simply walk through the invisible boundary and attack anyone that's in it. Just for poorly made sockss and giggles or practice.

BUT enough with the daydreaming...

9 hours ago, makkon said:

was rejected by devs

I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see anything like that until maybe a year or more after launch, if the game ever gets that far.

Edited by Pann
See PM

I would love structured PvP, I lived and breathed arena in WoW for many years.

But it is not something that will be implemented before launch, maybe in the far future.

Hopefully we wouldn't have this craving for PvP in the future with a bigger player base.
The new fort sieges timers are a good step towards that.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Yumx said:

Hopefully we wouldn't have this craving for PvP in the future with a bigger player base.
The new fort sieges timers are a good step towards that.

Im at work (sea) right now so haven't played the game since first week of march, looking forward to see the changes to the game though. 😊

3 hours ago, salzus said:

Just have it community run on an EK. Simples. 

Its not really the same IMO, as you cant contribute to your faction winning the campaign via fighting in EKs. 

4 hours ago, Glitchhiker said:

You're an idiot and don't know what you're talking about :P

Alright. With the formalities out of the way. I would love such a concept, but I feel like it's important that it's not seperated from the campaign world, so not like a different realm/instance or EK for that matter. You should still be made aware of the situation on the battlefield to have the greater goal in mind - the total victory for your faction/guild/alliance. That's why I also like the idea of it rewarding you with faction score.

It could be a fight pit in the free city, where traders for example can randomly run past and watch for a while or fight themself. No judgment.

I would also like a "borderless" FFA pit in the temple, similar to the one they added to the gw2 pvp lobby at some point, where you can simply walk through the invisible boundary and attack anyone that's in it. Just for poorly made sockss and giggles or practice.

BUT enough with the daydreaming..

IT would by nice though. 👍

7 hours ago, makkon said:

was rejected by devs

anyway I like this idea coz I think at the end this game will be something like any other games - multigaming inside one. but before CF should get stable and big community else this is a huge split

Maybe your right, but maybe it could help building that playerbase by getting new players into the game who is looking for arena fighting. 

We can only guess as none of us will actually know the effect of such a thing. 😊

10 hours ago, Raindog said:

However, not everyone is available at siege oclock and many of us like to dive into a game and straight into some skilled PvP, as the success of the recent Arena and Battle Royal games has showed. 

That's excatly how i feel 👍

12 hours ago, APE said:

Untill then, enjoy ganking or running in a lag pack...

😂 Excatly my point 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, makkon said:

was rejected by devs

Your just wrong here about it being completely disliked by community and rejected by the devs.

NOW, before the major promised game goals and systems are in, is not the right time to add it to the mix, but it has not been rejected as an option eventually given the right conditions.

From the campaign FAQ page.

HOW OPEN ARE YOU TO TRYING NEW IDEAS WITHIN CAMPAIGNS?

Our intention is to make this a community-driven process. We’ll take the best ideas we find, wherever they come from, and give them a shot. If an idea gains enough traction and fits within the architecture, we’ll try it.

You want to try a world without magic? Cool.
You want to try a world where we introduce cannons as a siege weapon? Sounds interesting.
You want to try a world where each character only has one life – meaning that if you die once, you are permanently banned from the World? Sure, let’s do it.

That’s the cool thing about this development approach: we’re turning our community into a massive, game-designing hivemind.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Your just wrong here about it being completely disliked by community and rejected by the devs.

NOW, before the major promised game goals and systems are in, is not the right time to add it to the mix, but it has not been rejected as an option eventually given the right conditions.

nah. I did remember coz I suggested it the same as topic starter. about 2 years ago.

may be later someone did more suggestions and devs even answer with agree, I did not live on forum so dunno...

by community I mean active testers and active forum members.

the answer like: "we do not plan to do something like this in near future" was pretty much clear for me . and yeah, I understand why they answer like this. there are alot of uncomplete mechanics atm. those ones which are "working" are made not high quality and looks uncomplete/raw.

and there is alot more to do before implementing and even stutter about new game modes like arena. for example, duel mechanic for me is much more priority

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)

Battlegrounds/arenas destroyed mmos. Before those existed you didn’t see the masses gathered inside the cities waiting for the next queue to pop. People were out in the open world doing things. 

Im all for duels or an area in the open world you have to travel to in order to compete in an arena. But if you’re calling for battleground queues I give the biggest 👎🏻 I can possibly give. 

Edit: I don’t understand the obsession of several people in this forum to turn a sandbox mmo into every other boring repeative mmo that already exists. Seriously just go play those games that already have the junk that ruins a rpg. 

Edited by oneply

Posted (edited)

I'm not in favor of this as a campaign effecting objective specifically because it would pull people out of the campaign world and engender a culture of waiting in line to PvP.

I'm not a fan of gear balancing in any way because it wreaks havoc on the crafting economy The less people that need good gear, the less people are buying it, and you're basically shafting 2/3 of the game. "I just want to pvp without worrying about gear" is like a crafter saying "I just want to craft without worrying about harvesting" sorry, but there are plenty of games where one can simply login and fight with no setup. Doing so in CF could have a disastrous ripple effect on the gamewide economy.

I fail to understand why people keep showing up to sandbox mmos and ask for them to be turned in to street fighter. I like instant action no setup PvP. I like it better when its not haphazardly slapped in to a context where it doesn't belong.

I am in favor of a robust set of tools to allow you to set this up, with automated rewards and gear balancing within an EK. I think having a dedicated structure with rules settings and the whole nine yards is a great idea for people that want to do this, and it creates another outlet for all the loot being won in campaigns.

I'm a fan of this idea as its own campaign type. Imagine a campaign in which there are no point rewarded for keeps or forts and an arena, wherin the only way to gain campaign score is to fight arena matches. There you've got the same persistant gameplay as a normal campaign, but the centre of it is very different, as its not about equipping armies, but rather individual champions.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

17 hours ago, APE said:

Kickstarter goal was Tournaments on a larger scale so I could see these types of systems coming eventually.

Until then, enjoy ganking or running in a lag pack...

That was for campaign tournament brackets, not dueling.

E.G. the winning team in a campaign moves on to the next campaign bracket and so on, creating a system in which an entire tournament, if you're winning, would last multiple campaigns. It was conceived for people that wanted a bit more connective tissue and longer range bragging rights than a single campaign, essentially a way to win a "season" rather than a "match"

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, oneply said:

Im all for duels or an area in the open world you have to travel to in order to compete in an arena. But if you’re calling for battleground queues I give the biggest 👎🏻 I can possibly give. 

Edit: I don’t understand the obsession of several people in this forum to turn a sandbox mmo into every other boring repeative mmo that already exists. Seriously just go play those games that already have the junk that ruins a rpg. 

I think you have misunderstood me, i dont want it to be an instanced arena, it should be a place you had to walk to, and though the world to get to. Same like when you wanna go farm X mob somewhere in the world. 

I cant see how a place for proper PvP is ruining the game? You like zerg vs zerg fest with bad fps during sieges, where PvP "skill" is based on how good you are to roll your forehead around on your keyboard, and that's fine by me, I just like to test PvP skill in another way. 

I play crowfall because i like the endless class build combos which i find fun to try out and see if they work or not, and that would IMO be fun to test that in an actual PvP fight. 

Furthermore I fail to see how arena is ruining the game for those who dont want to use it?

21 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Im not a fan of gear balancing in any way because it wreaks havoc on the crafting economy The less people that need good gear, the less people are buying it, and you're basically shafting 2/3 of the game. "I just want to pvp without worrying about gear" is like a crafter saying "I just want to craft without worrying about harvesting" sorry, but there are plenty of games where one can simply login and fight with no setup. Doing so in CF could have a disastrous ripple effect on the gamewide economy.

I fail to understand why people keep showing up to sandbox mmos and ask for them to be turned in to counterstrike. I like instant action no setup PvP. I like it better when its not haphazardly slapped in to a context where it doesn't belong.

The gear scaling should only be in the arena, there are still use for gear crafters, harvesters etc. To make gear to the zerg fest's (sieges) taking forts etc? So cant see how the economy will be "destroyed" by this? 

Once again, i play crowfall because i like its allmost endless class build mechanics, which i want to try in a proper PvP setting, where i still can contribute to my guild/faction. 

So it has nothing to do with turning this into a Counter-Strike game, but more to do with giving people a real PvP stage where they can try out their builds and "show off" their individual PvP skill on an even playing field.

I know we can do this in pur EKs but with this system im suggestioning you can have skill based PvP and contributing to your faction. 

33 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I'm a fan of this idea as its own campaign type. Imagine a campaign in which there are no point rewarded for keeps or forts and an arena, wherin the only way to gain campaign score is to fight arena matches. There you've got the same persistant gameplay as a normal campaign, but the centre of it is very different, as its not about equipping armies, but rather individual champions.

This is actually also a valid suggestion, thanks for that input. 

Your last line is basicly the whole essence of what im looking for

"its not about equipping armies, but rather individual champions"