Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandalore

Stoneborn can’t jump; the sequel.

Is it intentional that stoneborn (being the only short race without double jump) are not intended to be able to jump as high or as far as the other races due to some lore restriction?  Does the new client controller address this game breaking crime against my stone brothers?  

@vkromas @thomasblair

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Belantis said:

You can leap with a stoneborn champ

Try just using space bar and getting over rubble, some stairs or in and out of a fort wall after it’s been smashed.  The distance and height is less than a full size character but ever other char that is small has a double jump to compensate.  I’m tired of not being able to get into a fort once the walls have been bashed down because dwarf.  If this persists can we have the option to be thrown?  Follow up, while being thrown can we be in invisible to elves?

image0.gif

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

Is it intentional that stoneborn (being the only short race without double jump) are not intended to be able to jump as high or as far as the other races due to some lore restriction?  Does the new client controller address this game breaking crime against my stone brothers?  

@vkromas @thomasblair

I believe this was as designed, they are made of rock and should have a "heavy" feeling to them. I'll take a look at it though. 

30 minutes ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

I believe this was as designed, they are made of rock and should have a "heavy" feeling to them. I'll take a look at it though. 

It’s a shorty feeling when steps into forts are too high of a jump for your character.  It sucks to knock down walls to a fort and still not be able to get into a fort. 

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

It’s a shorty feeling when steps into forts are too high of a jump for your character.  It sucks to knock down walls to a fort and still not be able to get into a fort. 

Sure! I'll track the issue down, it might need some tuning. 

1 hour ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

Sure! I'll track the issue down, it might need some tuning. 

If the team is going to intentionally add stuff like that to races can it be on the rune for it?  It def factors into race choice.  

Also, thank you for the quick responses.  You are my 3rd favorite dev/mod/owner of hats. 

wiDfyPp.png

Seconded this getting another look. I would like to play a stoneborn. 

I don't because the jump is too hindering. 

4 hours ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

Cant jump over most of the fort wall (Non built ones) either kinda annoying

Veeshan Midst of UXA