Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Franck83

Talent tree for Major disciplines

Pretty sure it was slated for 5.100, so soon ;)

You can see the UI is in place already when you go to slot the regular talents (look in top right corner).

I'm wondering if they've mentioned it actually doing anything to Disciplines themselves or it if is just the need to spend Talent points to unlock individual powers/passives from Disciplines.

I'm not sure how I feel about this system. It forces you to have your entire build planned out before you start, talents & majors, with no room for experimentation or error.

If you decide that you don't like a talent, start over. If you decide that you don't like a skill from a disc, start over. Find out that something doesn't scale with quality the way you thought, start over. Make any mistake, start over.

Starting over means a new vessel, new majors, and new minors.

I don't think we should be able to change up our build at the drop of a hat in the midst of combat, but there needs to be room for trial and error without starting over.

If I remember correctly, they were going to be tying crafting and (the now absent) weapon disciplines into optional off-shoots from the tree. I think all of the major disciplines with their associated slots are staying how they are. 

What exactly will be offered in the crafting sections is anybody's guess. I'm not sure if having all the recipes available when using the appropriate table like they are now is a permanent feature or not, but at one time they planned on those being unlocked via talents.

1 hour ago, Bazgul said:

I agree VaMei, I 'd start at level 1 again if I could keep vessel and gear.

I really liked the SWG model. You could drop skills any time you wanted, but once you did you had to grind the XP to replace them. It was a never ending grind if you were always dabbling with your build, but it was a choice that let you experiment, fail, redo and perfect the build that worked for you.