Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drewcifer

change to wartribe bosses

So how wartribe bosses work reminds me a bit of eq. I kill the boss put a time stamp in discord and come back when hes about to spawn. I feel if they changed how the bosses spawn by activity that going on in the wartribes will make them better. 

So what im getting at is if I had to do stuff in the wartribes to spawn the boss i would stay at the wartribes longer. I would actively be working towards a reward instead of waiting around. If the Rng wasnt good and the item didnt drop i would do it again. I personally would find it less boring since im working for a reward.

Also keeping people in the wartribes areas will also help the pvp. Since people wont just be running around the outside seeing if the group boss is up or not. Most fights at wartibes is me running into other people running around the outside of camps.

To sum it up wartribes have what people want(or need really). But they dont really have what will keep people there since the boss is on a timer. You want to keep people in places so people can defend to keep them or attack to take them. With the timers the defenders are gone for 55mins. 

This is my suggestion and i know everyone plays differently. So just wondering what other people think or how they go about wartribes currently because maybe im looking at them wrong.

Or you go to what EQ had;

Bosses have 3 set drops, a common, uncommon and a rare. Shorten the timer to standard mob time then folks will stay and kill the "Named" continuously until the drop they are after comes.

example;

Common: runic books + Tribe artifacts

Uncommon: Minor Runes + runic books

Rare: Crafting tool + Minor Runes

So why i suggest this again is more how to get people to stay in a area which then makes it a pvp hot spot. Right now a lot of things are you hit it then quit it. You kill the boss head to next camp. 

Example is leveling locations like the zombies last campaign. People had to actually stay there to level up so most times it was occupied. So if they can change the boss spawn by an activity in the camp people will then actually occupy the camp for longer which then makes it a place to fight over. To keep people there they need to feel they have a chance at getting what they are after.

46 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Or you go to what EQ had;

Bosses have 3 set drops, a common, uncommon and a rare. Shorten the timer to standard mob time then folks will stay and kill the "Named" continuously until the drop they are after comes.

example;

Common: runic books + Tribe artifacts

Uncommon: Minor Runes + runic books

Rare: Crafting tool + Minor Runes

I actually like this and they could make it like eq with also just a chance of the boss to spawn from a  pher. If they feel that him spawning over and over again would make it to easy to obtain the item. Then people know atleast he has a chance to spawn for the time they are there.

Also just to add currently it doesn't suck if the other faction knows the timer. It sucks when your faction knows it and it becomes a click off to who can loot what fastest. Which a change in spawn would hopefully stop that also. Since then if your faction at one camp you can simply move to another camp, to spawn the boss at that one.

3 hours ago, Spawl said:

the timers should be variable min/max and the server picks a random respawn time each time it drops.

This and only this, with fixed respawn times you run into so many camping and farming issues.

logo_v2_banner.png

9 hours ago, gerrylix said:

This and only this, with fixed respawn times you run into so many camping and farming issues.

But how does that fix running on the outside of camp seeing if a boss is up or not? The this is the only fix is very vague and not sure i can agree with you since i still see the same issue happening even if the time is variable.

On method could be to have the timer reduce by x minutes for every war tribe underling killed.

So for example, it starts at 1 hour, but if you kill 30 of them it will accelerate and trigger in half an hour.  If nobody is around, it still shows up in an hour, but if your active in the area, it happens faster.

1 minute ago, Drewcifer said:

But how does that fix running on the outside of camp seeing if a boss is up or not? The this is the only fix is very vague and not sure i can agree with you since i still see the same issue happening even if the time is variable.

My fault, i was only talking about fixed vs variable respawn. It has the most effect, in relation to the time it takes to rewrite the respawn scripts. Devs got plenty of other stuff going on atm.

On the long run you have a point, camps should be farmed for some time to trigger a random grp/raid boss spawn and then stay up for a specific time. Scripting things like that can cost way more time then just filling in a random number between X and Y into a variable.

logo_v2_banner.png

6 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

On method could be to have the timer reduce by x minutes for every war tribe underling killed.

So for example, it starts at 1 hour, but if you kill 30 of them it will accelerate and trigger in half an hour.  If nobody is around, it still shows up in an hour, but if your active in the area, it happens faster.

Yea something like this could work that would keep areas occupied.

6 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

My fault, i was only talking about fixed vs variable respawn. It has the most effect, in relation to the time it takes to rewrite the respawn scripts. Devs got plenty of other stuff going on atm.

On the long run you have a point, camps should be farmed for some time to trigger a random grp/raid boss spawn and then stay up for a specific time. Scripting things like that can cost way more time then just filling in a random number between X and Y into a variable.

Yea i have no idea what kinda work it would evolve to make a change. I do feel its important to try to keep areas occupied though to help fuel pvp at them. Something like grivyn idea or krakkens i can see helping with that.