Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Honest suggestion would be to revert back to the 5.8.6 version on LIVE and have 5.9 on TEST, since the update there has been nothing but bugs after bugs after bugs. I understand this is pre alpha etc.. but isn't the whole point of TEST servers to test the version before releasing it onto LIVE? 1. Infinite Loading Zone... bug    2. Randomly disconnecting from the game and loading back in dead and miles away from where you originally (crashed) logged out.    3. Druid spells (not sure what its called) does not heal when your target walks over it    4. Durability on all your items gets dramatically loss when you revive at a statue.    5. And many many more bugs.

I am not sure if these bugs were on TEST already but if they were I don't see the point of releasing it onto LIVE in the first place, but if it wasn't on TEST then something bugged to hell when 5.8.6 on LIVE was converted to 5.9 either way I hope these major game breaking bugs can be fixed relatively quickly, I still support the game 100% and there would be no point if I didn't care about it enough to even be writing this post.

in the middle of editing my EK and then when I completed it I got the infinite Loading Zone... in my EK so I had to close application restart it, and then I come back it tells me your last location was not safe, warping you to a safe place. Put me where the dragon statue is and guess what, I can't resurrect my self because there is no damn Dragon Statue or anything. its my EK. Now all my items are just sitting there... Can't even resurrect... Also another bug is when you die and resurrect at a dragon statue your durability for your armor, weapons, jewelry, saddle, etc... gets dramatically loss

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, OneLeggedMan said:

My Honest suggestion would be to revert back to the 5.8.6 version on LIVE and have 5.9 on TEST, since the update there has been nothing but bugs after bugs after bugs. I understand this is pre alpha etc.. but isn't the whole point of TEST servers to test the version before releasing it onto LIVE? 1. Infinite Loading Zone... bug    2. Randomly disconnecting from the game and loading back in dead and miles away from where you originally (crashed) logged out.    3. Druid spells (not sure what its called) does not heal when your target walks over it    4. Durability on all your items gets dramatically loss when you revive at a statue.    5. And many many more bugs.

I am not sure if these bugs were on TEST already but if they were I don't see the point of releasing it onto LIVE in the first place, but if it wasn't on TEST then something bugged to hell when 5.8.6 on LIVE was converted to 5.9 either way I hope these major game breaking bugs can be fixed relatively quickly, I still support the game 100% and there would be no point if I didn't care about it enough to even be writing this post.

in the middle of editing my EK and then when I completed it I got the infinite Loading Zone... in my EK so I had to close application restart it, and then I come back it tells me your last location was not safe, warping you to a safe place. Put me where the dragon statue is and guess what, I can't resurrect my self because there is no damn Dragon Statue or anything. its my EK. Now all my items are just sitting there... Can't even resurrect... Also another bug is when you die and resurrect at a dragon statue your durability for your armor, weapons, jewelry, saddle, etc... gets dramatically loss

yeah it is frustrating, but it is pre-alpha and i see both servers live and test as "test servers". I am waiting for alpha 6.0. to start so i can return to the game, i spend enough time testing the game so far and i am not interested in doing it any longer, so i will wait.

TLDR: i think reverting at this development stage is kind of pointless honestly. Just quit the game for some months and come back later when it is done ( that is what i am doing)

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

Pre-Alpha

its annoying but we are supposed to be testing a buggy game. Report it. If more people had been getting on test and reporting they might not have forced on us so quickly. They need people actually testing

Posted (edited)

Testing is a partnership.  We need direction and information (whats being changed, what they'd like tested) from the development team.  We get no change notes and nothing outside of "test this game" for direction. 

The development team gets test results unlike any canned testing environment can provide (limited access test servers, bot testing, script testing).  The Development team also has accountability to provide progress, not just change. 

There have been definite moments of progress, so I'd not give them a bad grade for that one, but the level of communication around what and why they are changing is crippling to my own testing experience.  I am not motivated about testing, and neither is anyone else apparently, since no one is testing, even when you turn Live server into Test 2.0.  I have no idea whats going on.  I am faced with a reduction in access to materials, bugs around gathering, bugs with crafting, increased tedium in leveling, greater durability loss, inability to use my class in combat, skills of my class not working - and all this from a new patch, not just ambient testing environment frustrations.

You say "they need people actually testing" and I'd say they would have it, if they'd hold up their end of the partnership.  If they don't, the numbers will continue to dwindle until each new major release and smaller portions of the population will return each time to try it out.  Ghostland testing in between major release milestones doesn't seem productive to me.

unknown.png

Edited by Ble

I agree with you completely. And there was a minor improvement in their communication as far as what to test. but that seems to be already tailing off quickly. 

And it does suck when every bug reported about your class that was reported on test still made it to live. 

Remember that LIVE is still a testing server because we are in pre-alpha.  TEST is used more for the developers to do fast iterations and frequent wipes, and check for major blockers on the real AWS server environment before patching to LIVE.  It's better to keep progressing forward and getting new builds out to LIVE asap, so data can be collected with higher populations and TEST can be used for the next series of patches as intended.

7 hours ago, Ble said:

We need direction and information (whats being changed, what they'd like tested) from the development team.

ACE has tried to do this at times (https://community.crowfall.com/topic/25271-player-focused-testing-for-5132019/ )  and it usually gets ignored except by the few that do serious bug feedback on TEST.  Players also have a big misconception about testing. Finding bugs is not the same process as fixing bugs. Bugs that are found get added to the huge list, and prioritized according to dev resources available. It's a balancing act right now between fixing bugs and completing needed systems and features to move the game toward alpha/beta.

Honestly most players don't enjoy testing, they only want to PLAY. The game is not at that stage right now, so if anyone isn't enjoying the LIVE testing environment for a particular build they should take a break and come back for the next patch.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, miraluna said:

Remember that LIVE is still a testing server because we are in pre-alpha.  TEST is used more for the developers to do fast iterations and frequent wipes, and check for major blockers on the real AWS server environment before patching to LIVE.  It's better to keep progressing forward and getting new builds out to LIVE asap, so data can be collected with higher populations and TEST can be used for the next series of patches as intended.

ACE has tried to do this at times (https://community.crowfall.com/topic/25271-player-focused-testing-for-5132019/ )  and it usually gets ignored except by the few that do serious bug feedback on TEST.  Players also have a big misconception about testing. Finding bugs is not the same process as fixing bugs. Bugs that are found get added to the huge list, and prioritized according to dev resources available. It's a balancing act right now between fixing bugs and completing needed systems and features to move the game toward alpha/beta.

Honestly most players don't enjoy testing, they only want to PLAY. The game is not at that stage right now, so if anyone isn't enjoying the LIVE testing environment for a particular build they should take a break and come back for the next patch.

As much as I dont want it to be so, this is the cold hard reality of the situation, They had to push 5.90 imo cause they needed bigger numbers to um test it properly, I would be willing to bet the loading zone error everyone is getting is due to something going on with server load( number of players on)... and people are getting dropped in the zone loading process cause for some reason the server just does not feel it can deal with all the requests it is getting.  This would only happen on Live imo, I never experienced that on test on any of the builds leading up to 5.90 being pushed to live

Edited by seastodd

12 hours ago, seastodd said:

As much as I dont want it to be so, this is the cold hard reality of the situation, They had to push 5.90 imo cause they needed bigger numbers to um test it properly, I would be willing to bet the loading zone error everyone is getting is due to something going on with server load( number of players on)... and people are getting dropped in the zone loading process cause for some reason the server just does not feel it can deal with all the requests it is getting.  This would only happen on Live imo, I never experienced that on test on any of the builds leading up to 5.90 being pushed to live

Don’t think it has to do with pop. Never had it happen in GR or EK. I’ve had it happen with less than 20 people on, repeatedly. 

And the new black screen thing is weird too. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, oneply said:

Don’t think it has to do with pop. Never had it happen in GR or EK. I’ve had it happen with less than 20 people on, repeatedly. 

And the new black screen thing is weird too. 

Yes I agree it might not have to do with strict numbers but it has to do with server load... for some reason completely unknown to me that server is being overloaded and dropping people because of it. it could be something as simple as an infinitely repeateable loop bug that is being triggered somehow, that is what I was trying to imply.

I am not a software engineer but the EK behavior seems the same way.. when something is working fine and than you just lose all communication between server and client, I would be willing to bet its because the server cant deal with all the requests its receiving, but with that said one account hitting the right bug could be causing all those requests

Edited by seastodd

On 5/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, OneLeggedMan said:

A little late, but, welcome to the forums. ;)

The thing is, people usually have the urge to see that things are moving forward. If not, they get upset or pull back. So ACE tries to get new things into the tests as soon as possible -- and announces new versions. Once that happens, people pull back and wait for the new version. As a result LIVE dies and only a few backers play on TEST. Not enough to get all the bugs. While a lot of people are demanding the new version to come to LIVE. They don't have a lot of choices there and none of them is good. Keeping it on TEST will slow down development. Pushing it out to LIVE will annoy some testers. Personally i think they are trying to balance those two, but of course it can't be perfect.

Secondly i need to tell you that it won't get better. Not because it won't get better, but because the tester expectations will grow with each step. They are highly individual. We had the very same discussion every once in a while throughout the last years. It nearly doesn't matter what the developers do. It's like "I have zero gold, i need gold" / "Ok, here is gold." / "uhm... i only have 100 gold, i need much more gold!" and so on. We have seen it often enough. And it leads to only one conclusion: They need to focus on progression. And they do - while still trying to keep it as interesting and less hurting for the testers as they can.

Are there flaws, can it be inconvinient? Yes. Are there better options? Maybe. I haven't heard one yet that would work. But if someone would come up with a genius idea, this company listens a lot. It just has to make sense within the bigger picture.

So, get your ideas out there. ;)

And remember, whatever you do...

... have fun, good luck
Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On 5/19/2019 at 11:40 AM, oneply said:

Pre-Alpha

its annoying but we are supposed to be testing a buggy game. Report it. If more people had been getting on test and reporting they might not have forced on us so quickly. They need people actually testing

Then give us something worth testing! It was back in 5.8.6. Now?  I'd rather give myself a root canal without pain meds than play this game. At least I'd feel like I'm accomplishing something.  Too many people putting lots of hours into this game only to burn out on bad development decisions.

Many are not coming back until the crafting grind is decreased to an acceptable level and combat stops being ridiculous.  And when I say ridiculous, I mean ridiculous. Cows (Aurochs) with fire powers and special abilities?  Cats that have better melee dots and damage than most players?  Heck, at least allow Knights to actually...you know....TANK! The fact that a knight in full plate can get taken down quite easily by just one of these mobs is simply ridiculous (there's that word again), and in a blue vessel no less! In fact, it took three players to be able to fight R9 cats at a respectable pace, as long as we didn't get ganked due to the recovery time.

Playing this game, test or not, is a chore and simply not fun.  I don't know where the Dev's vision is on this. I thought I knew until 5.9 came out.  The drop off in numbers does not lie. 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, Kraahk said:

A little late, but, welcome to the forums. ;)

The thing is, people usually have the urge to see that things are moving forward. If not, they get upset or pull back. So ACE tries to get new things into the tests as soon as possible -- and announces new versions. Once that happens, people pull back and wait for the new version. As a result LIVE dies and only a few backers play on TEST. Not enough to get all the bugs. While a lot of people are demanding the new version to come to LIVE. They don't have a lot of choices there and none of them is good. Keeping it on TEST will slow down development. Pushing it out to LIVE will annoy some testers. Personally i think they are trying to balance those two, but of course it can't be perfect.

Secondly i need to tell you that it won't get better. Not because it won't get better, but because the tester expectations will grow with each step. They are highly individual. We had the very same discussion every once in a while throughout the last years. It nearly doesn't matter what the developers do. It's like "I have zero gold, i need gold" / "Ok, here is gold." / "uhm... i only have 100 gold, i need much more gold!" and so on. We have seen it often enough. And it leads to only one conclusion: They need to focus on progression. And they do - while still trying to keep it as interesting and less hurting for the testers as they can.

Are there flaws, can it be inconvinient? Yes. Are there better options? Maybe. I haven't heard one yet that would work. But if someone would come up with a genius idea, this company listens a lot. It just has to make sense within the bigger picture.

So, get your ideas out there. ;)

And remember, whatever you do...

... have fun, good luck
Kraahk

If this company was listening to its testers, then those testers would still be playing this game instead of playing other games/beta tests/alpha tests.

This company took an active test community and ran it into the ground.  Needs a fix for sure!

37 minutes ago, binny45 said:

Then give us something worth testing! It was back in 5.8.6. Now?  I'd rather give myself a root canal without pain meds than play this game. At least I'd feel like I'm accomplishing something.  Too many people putting lots of hours into this game only to burn out on bad development decisions.

Many are not coming back until the crafting grind is decreased to an acceptable level and combat stops being ridiculous.  And when I say ridiculous, I mean ridiculous. Cows (Aurochs) with fire powers and special abilities?  Cats that have better melee dots and damage than most players?  Heck, at least allow Knights to actually...you know....TANK! The fact that a knight in full plate can get taken down quite easily by just one of these mobs is simply ridiculous (there's that word again), and in a blue vessel no less! In fact, it took three players to be able to fight R9 cats at a respectable pace, as long as we didn't get ganked due to the recovery time.

Playing this game, test or not, is a chore and simply not fun.  I don't know where the Dev's vision is on this. I thought I knew until 5.9 came out.  The drop off in numbers does not lie. 

It’s been a month. My tune is much different now. 5.9 is s train wreck a very boring one

15 minutes ago, oneply said:

It’s been a month. My tune is much different now. 5.9 is s train wreck a very boring one

I hear ya.  Was hoping some sort of fix was in the works.  The longer they take, the hard it is going to be to get the testers back to the grind stone.  I'm already playing Guild Wars 2, Civ 6, and testing Project Gorgon while setting up ARK.  Before 5.9 I exclusively played Crowfall, day in and out. Couldn't get enough of it.  Now?  I log in, spend my points, and pray that something in the patch notes is going to make me want to play again.

LIVE is a test server.

I'm pretty sure our collective reaction to the 5.9 changes has been valuable testing data. When I see Todd show up in streams and basically say "we've gone too far we need to dial it back" that tells me that this entire system is working as intended.

When you collectively stop logging in because you're not having fun and say why you're not logging in, your absence is sending a clear message that seems to be getting picked up.

Don't be afraid to just log out, and continue to be (respectfully) clear about why you're not logging in.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"