Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So color quality doesn't make a difference in the pip?

Ok So i need help understanding how color quality works.

So from what I can tell Color quality of a resource doesn't actually affect the bonus of the experimentation pip. Am i right in this? all it does is allow more pips to be spent, right? So if I'm not trained in say jewel crafting And i can only spend 4 pips to make an item the quality will have no outcome on my final product? I find this extremely annoying trained or not the quality should at least make a difference in the base state.

Right now on rune making If i craft a green or blue harvesting tool it makes zero difference in my quality.

Edited by bignick22000

28 minutes ago, bignick22000 said:

Ok So i need help understanding how color quality works.

So from what I can tell Color quality of a resource doesn't actually affect the bonus of the experimentation pip. Am i right in this? all it does is allow more pips to be spent, right? So if I'm not trained in say jewel crafting And i can only spend 4 pips to make an item the quality will have no outcome on my final product? I find this extremely annoying trained or not the quality should at least make a difference in the base state.

Right now on rune making If i craft a green or blue harvesting tool it makes zero difference in my quality.

Your only partly right.

Look at the starting stat for your green tools.  IIRC they have a starting base stat (mining, logging, etc) of 5.25 when green compared to 5.00 for white.  That starting improvement will factor into each pip automatically, so green pips are worth more than white. 

As a rune crafter, if your trying to craft blue tools with all blue materials, your wasting your time and resources.  Green will get you as good a bonus as you ever need for such a disposable item.  The difference is not worth the quality mats unless you have a very large surplus. Even then, that surplus is probably better spent on other items. The only blues I ever roll for are ones I made by bootstrapping blue parchment and white ore to blue runes, upgraded when applying to green blanks.

3 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Your only partly right.

Look at the starting stat for your green tools.  IIRC they have a starting base stat (mining, logging, etc) of 5.25 when green compared to 5.00 for white.  That starting improvement will factor into each pip automatically, so green pips are worth more than white. 

As a rune crafter, if your trying to craft blue tools with all blue materials, your wasting your time and resources.  Green will get you as good a bonus as you ever need for such a disposable item.  The difference is not worth the quality mats unless you have a very large surplus. Even then, that surplus is probably better spent on other items. The only blues I ever roll for are ones I made by bootstrapping blue parchment and white ore to blue runes, upgraded when applying to green blanks.

ok awesome ty