Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Drewcifer

new items for disc

Has anyone found the new dropable gems to make fighting discs? we got some for harvesting ones but havent seen any for like mole hunter for example.

Posted (edited)

Afaik, the combat souls are not in yet, they'll drop from Thralls that we hunt, and combat discs are still loot items from high rank mobs in the hunger state.

Yes, I know... I've been saying the same thing for a while now.

Edited by VaMei

yea how they changed hunger we try to pull mobs to hunger crystals. It seems you have to be super lucky currently to get higher mobs near a hunger crystal

3 hours ago, VaMei said:

Afaik, the combat souls are not in yet, they'll drop from Thralls that we hunt, and combat discs are still loot items from high rank mobs in the hunger state.

Yes, I know... I've been saying the same thing for a while now.

Sure would be nice if when they make big changes they at least fully fleshed out the new systems before forcing them on us. 

Posted (edited)

@vkromas@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair@ACE_FancyHats@ACE_JackalBark

Can we please get a confirmation that Major Disciplines (Combat Souls) are not in the game and that there is really no good way to get Major Disciplines for this patch?

Yes we know we have to use Soul Tools to get Souls.

Yes we can get Harvesting/Exploration Disciplines (Villein/Foreman etc)

Yes the Major Discipline RECIPES are in the game.

NO we cannot farm Ancients (they only drop stuff in hunger mode).

NO we cannot get combat souls.

Can we please get confirmation that we are currently missing a key aspect to making Major Combat Disciplines?

Once again(post in bug feedback and been pointing this out even when 5.90 was on test) can you PLEASE make Ancients always HUNGER form or add Major Combat disciplines to their NON-Hunger form just until Combat souls have been correctly added into the game.

We still need the crutch of Ancients and killing the Night/Hunger cycle has broken this crutch so we have no way to get Majors.

EDIT: Even a response saying "combat souls will be added soon" would help. Although I think changing Non-Hunger Ancients to have the Loot Tables of Hunger Ancients would not be difficult.

Edited by Ussiah

39 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

@vkromas@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair@ACE_FancyHats@ACE_JackalBark

Can we please get a confirmation that Major Disciplines (Combat Souls) are not in the game and that there is really no good way to get Major Disciplines for this patch?

Yes we know we have to use Soul Tools to get Souls.

Yes we can get Harvesting/Exploration Disciplines (Villein/Foreman etc)

Yes the Major Discipline RECIPES are in the game.

NO we cannot farm Ancients (they only drop stuff in hunger mode).

NO we cannot get combat souls.

Can we please get confirmation that we are currently missing a key aspect to making Major Combat Disciplines?

Once again(post in bug feedback and been pointing this out even when 5.90 was on test) can you PLEASE make Ancients always HUNGER form or add Major Combat disciplines to their NON-Hunger form just until Combat souls have been correctly added into the game.

We still need the crutch of Ancients and killing the Night/Hunger cycle has broken this crutch so we have no way to get Majors.

EDIT: Even a response saying "combat souls will be added soon" would help. Although I think changing Non-Hunger Ancients to have the Loot Tables of Hunger Ancients would not be difficult.

^ this please. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Morning all, please forgive me, I've been dealing with an awful case of food poisoning and I'm just now able to come up for some air. I meant to follow up on this specific issue yesterday but I was kept from doing so by other forces. Let me rally some folks and I'll pop back in shortly, with some answers. 

Thank you!

Also, I was able to wrangle Blair into responding to the dev partner forum post here: 

Combat Souls will be dropping off both normal/Hunger NPCs post a hotifx. (In the current 5.90 Combat Souls are currently only on the Hunger Versions and it is quite hard to find a Hungerized version of a NPC since they no longer auto Hungerize at nightfall.)
Crafting Majors (we might not even need these anymore, currently just stat buckets.)
Basic Explorations (on Vendors)
Exotic Exploration (special tools on an r6+ node)
Combat Minors, drop just like they currently do.

Post 5.92 you can just purchase white quality disciplines from vendors, however white quality disciplines will only be equipable by white quality vessels, and discipline swapping can only be done in a Temple. (trying to minimize combat hot swapping)
3 identical type/quality of a discipline can be combined to create 1 of a higher quality. (uncommon quality+ only)
Since there is no r6+ content in God's Reach you won't be farming for higher quality disciplines here.

The Future
Our intent is still to get Thrall NPCs that roam around the world at nighttime who will drop appropriate Combat Souls.
Ideally no other tweaks to the other kinds of disciplines.

I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread and direct any other questions you may have to that particular forum. Thanks all!