Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
srathor

Conqueror's Blade

Game has no directional combat system, current combat system (action button mashing) isn't working for this type of game in my opinion, i played in alpha and didn't like it 😥

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

I tried it for the first time this weekend, and found the unit control the best part; It adds a sense of scale to the combat so you really feel engaged in a siege battle fighting through the narrow streets.  Traditional MMOs have always just scaled of the number of players, who never want to stand in a shield wall for very long, but my NPCs never complain!  So the clashes on the 15v15 maps feel much grander due to accompanying armies.

Lots of old-school guild tags flying around so I'm looking forward to the open world territory control game heating up in the coming weeks/months.

I believe it goes free to play tomorrow, so really no reason not to drop and and check it out, even if just for another point of game system design comparison. 

rSHxVEY.gif

Finally started playing this game, having a lot of fun with it. Sadly their servers appear to be struggling since the weekend, they said the open beta brought more players than they anticipated and they're going to increase server capacity this week. 

It's really fun, I think they struck the right balance between bitesize accessible and enough depth and endgame engagement for more hardcore guilds to sink their teeth into. The fact you can do your character leveling almost entirely through pvp already feels like a blessing 😂

I have been telling myself for years how cool it'd be if Mount & Blade was a pvp focused MMO complete with all the RPG progression, guild territory control, etc., and then this game comes along. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:14 PM, Rikutatis said:

Finally started playing this game, having a lot of fun with it. Sadly their servers appear to be struggling since the weekend, they said the open beta brought more players than they anticipated and they're going to increase server capacity this week. 

Their network code has always caused performance to suffer. Prior to this past weekend it was still a laggy mess.