Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bazgul

Creatures vs other resources

So if I chop down a tree I get use able wood, mine stone and ore get usable resource, dig up a grave get a usable resource.

Then why don't I get leather when I kill creatures, why is skinning required. I don't have to melt ore, process wood or clean the bones. Drop rates would still be based off of passive skill, just like all other exploration skill.

The others you mentioned are harvesters with harvesting tools out harvesting a resource node.  Skinners have the added step of having to create the resource node before they can access it.

The differences have been noted many times, primarily the requirement of durability loss.  Used to that was offset with gold, but now it’s not.

Im not a fan of your idea.  It doesn’t agree with the structure of harvesting, it would likely be worthless whites if it was implemented, or diminish skinning training if it offered color.

12 hours ago, Ble said:

Used to that was offset with gold, but now it’s not.

Taking gold off the creatures did create a balance issue with Skinning (killing mobs takes time and gear durability vs node harvesting) so something needs to be adjusted to make up for that. Either some other type of drops or more leather output.

tiPrpwh.png