Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LordofCake

5.90 LIVE Feed Back for 5/22/2019 and 5/23/2019

5.90 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to The Bug Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

Hi just a question on the new soul gem drops, do they only drop off only the ancient mobs? or are they on any r6 and up npc?

Edited by seastodd

Posted (edited)

Assuming it's the same as 5.8.6, it was any R6+ animal, but very rare from non-ancients.

During a couple of hours of farming normal R10 spiders, we would usually see 1 or 2 majors. If drop rates are unchanged, roughly double that drop rate to account for no day/night cycle.

Edited by VaMei

8 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Assuming it's the same as 5.8.6, it was any R6 animal, but very rare from non-ancients.

During a couple of hours of farming normal R10 spiders, we would usually see 1 or 2 majors. If drop rates are unchanged, roughly double that drop rate to account for no day/night cycle.

Thats what I was hoping killing r10 spiders now we will see I guess

Ancients dropped 5 different ones for us, so small increase, plus I am hoping they stack until you turn them into disc which will help with storage.

2 hours ago, seastodd said:

Thats what I was hoping killing r10 spiders now we will see I guess

Block is very clunky right now. It has a hidden CD after it is used. If you block within about 1.5 seconds of releasing the block key, your character will take a block stance but not actually be blocking. 

Posted (edited)

Elementalist is a discipline that completely negates the damage type for close to half of all the players.

There are disciplines which are structured as hard counters . Mudman, Militant Mage, and Scarecrow function in a similar way to Elementalist but are isolated to very specific types of damage. Most classes can change weapons or have options for damage that are not elemental. Clerics and Confessors have no other options so this further exacerbates the issue. If any ability does fire damage then you can not change it to do non-elemental. Most classes have at least some options or paths to change their damage type.

This is not a Meta issue because it affects three different types of damage.I am a heal/tank Cleric but I feel bad for anyone who plays a DPS Cleric or Confessor. Please split this Discipline or remove it. 

Edited by nerion

Posted (edited)

improve respawn system! current system is zerg based and also based on unwanted fort capturing windows.

I wanna suggest 2 ways to fix it.

core ideas:

1) death shroud + new respawn mechanic are interchangeable and incompatible atm

2) increased timers on new death if you have any kind of closest to you death place temples makes you able to back to the battle almost immediately.

3) death shroud unpersistent to be viable

1-th way:

1) remove death shroud

2) make respawn cooldown depend on distance and amount of respawn points.

https://imgur.com/XxgYnuU

XxgYnuU.png

if you have keep and fort in the zone and you get killed inside the keep, you can chose - wait here and be safe or travel to closest temple and respawn there but faster.

numbers can be adjusted.

3) keep grave on the map until next death.

this way ppl think where they want to respawn

2-th way:

1) keep death shroud. but make it persistent already (unable to remove via teleport/gate jump or relog)

2) keep current system but increase also death shroud timer on death. like on the 1-th way:

a) respawn on the grave immediately +5m to death shroud

b) respawn X parcels from grave minus X*30second to death shroud

this way ppl also think about place they want to respawn.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

7 hours ago, nerion said:

Elementalist is a discipline that completely negates the damage type for close to half of all the players.

There are disciplines which are structured as hard counters . Mudman, Militant Mage, and Scarecrow function in a similar way to Elementalist but are isolated to very specific types of damage. Most classes can change weapons or have options for damage that are not elemental. Clerics and Confessors have no other options so this further exacerbates the issue. If any ability does fire damage then you can not change it to do non-elemental. Most classes have at least some options or paths to change their damage type.

This is not a Meta issue because it affects three different types of damage.I am a heal/tank Cleric but I feel bad for anyone who plays a DPS Cleric or Confessor. Please split this Discipline or remove it. 

Completely agree since it was made I have argued against one disc countering whole classes.

I will say it again, if we have elementalist why dont we just combine mudman/scarecrow/militant mage so that we can counter all physical on another disc.

That sounds ridiculous, and elementalist is ridiculous.

10 hours ago, nerion said:

It’s an absurdly powerful rune that hard counters almost every ranged in the game.  It’s also the only defensive rune that brings a strong offensive option too.  

Hard counters undermine the whole game. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

30 durability hit on jewelry and mount is nuts. It was 5 before and I felt good at that level.

8 deaths and all your jewelry is essentially gone. 

7 deaths and your epic mount is gone.

I agree with the above posters.  Durability loss while resurrecting at a dragon statue is too prohibitive.  Members of my guild are refusing to play the game until they are changed because of how much effort it takes to replace gear in comparison to how quickly it is earned.

Making it easier to get the resources to create gear would help but there is a logistics hurdle (without resorting to account sharing or creative use of game mechanics) in crafting tons of replacement gear that makes this an unfeasible solution.

That being said I'd love to see gear easier to make in general regardless of how quickly items break.  Especially in the light of full loot rulesets being something to consider moving forward.

3 hours ago, nerion said:

30 durability hit on jewelry and mount is nuts. It was 5 before and I felt good at that level.

@thomasblair

I'd be curious to know if it is intended that we now take the full "tow truck" durability penalty on all deaths, or if it was an unintended side-effect of the new respawn system.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

@thomasblair

I'd be curious to know if it is intended that we now take the full "tow truck" durability penalty on all deaths, or if it was an unintended side-effect of the new respawn system.

@vkromas @Stumpstuff @ACE_FancyHats

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

52 minutes ago, Jah said:

@thomasblair

It is a bit too high atm based on the new system and I already lowered it in 5.92.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Fixed channeled and charged powers to tell the client when the power ended, so we can terminate early.

Does this mean that Knight's Pursuit ability can be changed back to how it used to work, where it was a channeled ability and releasing the key would end the movement?

6 hours ago, thomasblair said:

It is a bit too high atm based on the new system and I already lowered it in 5.92.

are you also getting rid of death shroud? and how much was it lowered? not like we wont find out so why be vague.

gotta be honest, im losing interest in Grindfall at an increasing rate. alot of little things are piling up that have removed the fun of the game. its starting to feel more like a chore than a game (not burnout). seems like you are more focused on creating more ways to grind than you are on ways to make meaningful pvp (which there are numerous suggestions for all over this forum that are good). before the war tribes update i was really tempted to upgrade my account and buy a second one in case i got a friend to play. im glad i didnt, and most likely wont. in fact i "bought into" another game that is essentially a direct competitor. the game you advertise is not the game being delivered. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, nerion said:

In addition, the "People's Elbow" needs to be addressed. Alpha Warrior Neckbreaker is pretty ridiculous AoE damage and CC. 

Crit Hit DMG was severely nerfed this patch, which is a pseudo nerf for alphas. (Auto crit based as you know)

Instead of hitting the cap of 200% we now struggle to get to 140% in epic gear.

Edited by Ussiah