Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

The Trial of Maeve - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

Yeah K:D ratio seems like a win condition that will only last one trial. Way too easy to game that one. 20 kills 0 deaths would beat out 199 kills 10 deaths. I imagine a lot of your top K/D winners may end up being alts that get fed.

Something like kills minus deaths would probably be a much better measure. Or if you want to go super fancy (Kills - Deaths) x (Kills/[Kills+Deaths]). In simple terms it is the difference in kills and deaths times the percentage of your K/D that's kills. Netting to 20/0 a total of 20 points, while 199 to 10 would get 179.96 points and someone with more deaths than kills would get a negative score. It rewards people with a high KD ratio but also rewards people who made a hell of a lot of kills more than people with higher KD ratios but far less kills. For simplicity's sake you could call it "Lethality Rating"

Either way though, with captures being a victory condition I'm not too concerned as a character that goes after assists over kills. Looks like caps will be what I'm after this trial.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

9 hours ago, Andius said:

Or if you want to go super fancy (Kills - Deaths) x (Kills/[Kills+Deaths]). In simple terms it is the difference in kills and deaths times the percentage of your K/D that's kills. Netting to 20/0 a total of 20 points, while 199 to 10 would get 179.96 points and someone with more deaths than kills would get a negative score

I like it. +1