Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soulreaver

[EU] - Caldera - [CAL] - Playing with Fire

Posted (edited)

Prologue

Caldera has been an active part of Crowfall since early August 2015. 

“We are the attackers, causing mayhem and murder.
We are the crafters you will spend your funds on.
We are laying siege to your castle and crushing your attempts to take ours.
We are the refuge and protection from The Hunger that is creeping in on us all.

We are Caldera - Playing with Fire!

Sentinels-Moon2.jpg

Avocation – “What does it mean to be part of Caldera?”

Real Life First – Full Commitment when Available
Improvement Team Success
Equality amongst friends, respect towards enemies…”

The only thing you really have to do is take care of your real life. To balance between gaming and the rest of your life is your call. When you do come online and play with us, we want you to be fully committed ~ To Play with Fire.

Strive for improvement. we will never be perfect. That doesn't have to keep us from trying. Learn from successes and mistakes, from your allies, your enemies, and yourself. Always ask yourself "what would have been a better way to approach this situation?" Don't be afraid to receive feedback, and don't be afraid to give it.

Play for the Team. We are not a pile of solo players. The team is our strength, our motivation, our family. Always try to do what is best for the team, and in the long run the team will do what's best for you. We share our time, knowledge, and ingame goods.

Aspire for success. While there is sometimes room to “mess around”, when it matters, we always play to win, no matter the odds. People will depend on you. Always play to the best of your ability, use your best judgement, and trust in your allies to do the same.

We are all equal gamers and humans, and we treat each other as such.  Being an Officer means taking up a responsibility for the good of the guild, no less and no more. Every voice matters.  This even includes our enemies: be respectful, in victory or defeat. No flaming, harassment, bug using or cheating.

Crowfall-Screenshot-Druid-Magic.jpg

What do we offer our members – “It’s a package deal!”

•       A fun and friendly environment to achieve common goals in.
  •       A flexible hours guild with a hardcore mentality when it comes to the important stuff. (Casually Hardcore).
  •       A massive amount of in game knowledge to be shared to empower our guild members.
  •       A common progressive attitude towards the game where all guild members are recognized for their contributions.

FruMScU.jpeg

Applying – “Still here? Perfect.”

Upon reading this, if you feel that Caldera might be a place for you then all you need to do, is click below:

APPLY NOW

Still not persuaded? 

If you wish to learn more about our structure and how we do things, then just click below.

Read More!

or

Link to the original Caldera recruitment thread.

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)

Crowfall-191771.jpg

Here throughout development

As we have stated, Caldera has been part of Crowfall since 2015.  Here is some of the footage we have gathered in the stages of development we have been part of. 

Enjoy : 

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Posted (edited)

Maeve.jpg

Loosing battles, doesn't mean loosing the war

Just before the Trial of Maeve, Caldera stood in front of a lot of changes to our ranks.  The "Trial of Maeve" became a story of how to stay in the fight, while not drowning from the opposition we faced - "How loosing some battles doesn't mean loosing the war."

Trebushe.jpg

Caldera chose to conform each day of the trial to match what goals we ultimately believed would yield the most points at the end of the seasons.

With loyal members, allies and a burst of energy from a new roster Caldera has managed to come through the campaign with a lot of scars, yet also our heads held high. 

Sk-rmbillede-962.png

Ultimately Crowfall isn't about how many feathers you're able to place in your hat, it's about points.  Racking up as many as you can, eventually allowing you to export the spoils of winning a campaign.  While we're not at that stage of development, that is how Caldera will persist in treating the game - as intended by the development team.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

Posted (edited)

D_-_Pic_1.jpg

Supporting the Community :

Caldera has throughout its time in Crowfall been trying to also give back to the community with events and information :

Future works in progress :

We're working on more for the community, so here are the two latest branches on that list : 

The Crafting Combinations are changing with every other path (or so) and to make sure you have the latest information we have compiled most of it for you (@shoutout to @Sonicbang for the great work and of course Winterblades for the initial spreadsheet its based off)

Trade and commerce is something which has been somewhat confined to Eternal Kingdoms where some of the more presistent ones, like " @sarthor's Lawn", have paved the way for others as an inspiration.   While Caldera at the present time doesn't have a public Eternal Kingdom for trade, we are in the process of making a public trading post :

Using Discord to setup trades/orders/bargains and auctions.  This is the place where one mans trash becomes another mans gold.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

Posted (edited)

E_-_Pic_1.jpg

War is an incredible teacher - a brutal instructor.

The Trial of Kronos came right after Maeve.  Though we could have used a break we tossed ourselves into the fray.  It quickly turned into a 2 faction war - where most of the campaign were fought over the keeps, with some epic Siege defences from both sides, ultimately our energy ran out and Balance prevailed.  

Some of the sieges can be seen here : 

A new trial will come and we will rise again to meet it's challenge!

E_-_Pic_2.jpg

The old and the new 

Caldera is still in the process of building up its new roster, which of course means there are a lot of things which needs to fall into place.  It's a long process, and one we welcome.  Having people around of all paths in life regardless of their background is something we cherish.  It also means that we often have to go back to the drawing table and rework things - in order to get them right.

So while we at times stumble and fall, Caldera is also about getting back up and preparing for the next battle.   So if you wish to walk this path with us… send in your application.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

Posted (edited)

dFnT4QG.jpg

Even the most enduring need rest, or in this case vacation! 

As the Trial of Cybele started, practically the whole "Order Faction" on EU geared down and getting ready for vacation, those staying behind used the time for random encounters and testing.  Caldera was no exception.  We’ve been messing around with discipline builds, theory crafting optimal setups for a crafter - stat wise, doing some random roaming and just enjoying a couple of weeks where evening siege windows wasn't on the agenda.  

ZvNPVMA.jpg

Caldera - Recruitment : Open

With patch 5.100 just around the corner, we are still open for new players.  Looking for new and old, minded for the fights ahead.  Looking to persistently test the Alpha, and work on how to improve as a player and as part of a team.  

Pure and simple: Reliable and active players.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

Posted (edited)

G_-_Pic_1.jpg

Trial of Arkon…

Caldera has throughout the Trial of Arkon made their presence known, be it capturing forts or defending keeps.  Most notably though we have ensured that all our harvesters and crafters have been geared up to provide us with a well-oiled supply line.

Skrmbillede_32.png

You can focus on an individual’s score or that of a group, a faction, a guild.  That won’t really tell you anything about the guild, nor what it’s like to be in it. 

So, what is
Caldera? 

A group of dedicated players, persistently testing the game in order to aid making it as good as possible.   We go out of our way to help players in the guild be the best they can be.  Does that mean they will be the best in the game?  Possibly not, our goal isn’t creating a forum for the “selected few”.  Our goal is to aspire for success through the trust and aid we lend each other. 

Others can rant all they want, in the end it’s the result of the campaign that matter - did you reach the goals you set, or didn’t you?

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

VYcb70F.jpeg

Old alliances..

As the Trial of Gaea started an image emerged.  All those on the former Balance Faction, had joined the Chaos faction.  Leaving Balance nearly empty.  10 guilds had united on the Chaos faction, pushing the points back and forth, it wasn't till the last day of the three week long campaign that with the siege of Jingletap Fort the campaign ended and Order could pull ahead as the victor. 

Great fights all around the map - keeps, forts even outposts were fought for.

whrPU9X.jpeg

So what now..

Ever since the Hungerdome (wow it's been a while) Caldera and KDS have worked along each others side, in the coming campaign though we're going to switch things around a little.  In order to help balance out the EU server, we're going to split and go on different factions in an attempt to get a 3 way campaign going.

Caldera is of course also always looking for new players.  New or old to Crowfall we welcome applications.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

Interview with Soulreaver

When did you become a Caldera recruit?
Aug 2016

Why did you choose to join Caldera?
Caldera was at the time the most active guild in EU, we were playing hunger-dome and often either allied or opposed each other. Tinnis then recruited me.

What activities do you take part in as a member/recruit of Caldera?

Ouch..

Recruitment, Interview, Making sure there are activities for members to take part in, Siege leadership, Guild management in general, Farming dust and gear for all ranks, Roaming, Relations with other guilds, Classroom training of certain classes (Ranger and Assassin), theory-crafting, assisting where needed in general so there is no one task. Just a long list and if you ask me tomorrow it'll most likely look different than today.

Jack of all trades...

If someone asked you about joining Caldera, what would you say to encourage them to apply?
If you're looking for a guild which shares everything, in-game goods, knowledge. Whom do their utmost to help each other. Whom are a bit rough around the edges, but where there is room for all kinds of players... young and old, inexperienced and pro. Then this is the place.

We don't have a huge online time presence, cause we also take care of our RL, and as such when on - we're on cause we choose to be and cause we choose to aid and assist each other.

Any advice for new recruits during their trial to become members?
Be active, be open, be informative and listen.

Most of all, don't be disrespectful.

What would you consider to be your main passive tree(s)?
Combat

What is your best memory while being in Caldera?
Ouch there are many…

Memory 1 - Dash to the Fort

Memory 2 - Vs Champions

Why do you like Crowfall?

The seasons change how the game is played, meaning there will be time for each aspect of the game, and how you manage those aspects is what either makes you successful or brings with it failure.

Any advice you would give to testers looking at Crowfall?

This is a test version of a potential game...

Join cause you think the potential it has is good, but don't expect it to deliver yet.

There is no such thing as class balance, there are many yet to be implemented features, a lot of the time you will be encountering bugs which are game-stopping and annoying.

Despite all that though.. it's a fun "game".

Edited by Asryd
Fixed question format

Interview with Marklarr - Quartermaster

Early Feb 2019

Good forum post, looked like a decent guild.

I'm the quartermaster, so organising resource flows, crafting priorities, evaluating where the infrastructure needs to be strengthened. I am also a keen harvester but always up for some PVP.

If someone asked you about joining Caldera, what would you say to encourage them to apply?
We are a guild for all types of players, we are casually hardcore where we all have real lives but when we do play, we play like the pros.

Be active, join in on all types of activities, listen to advice and act on it. Some members have been here for 4 years, their wealth of knowledge is invaluable.

What are your two main passives?
Combat
Exploration

There are so many, from milestones in crafting amazing weapons to the epic 1 hour sieges.

Its a game that has a decent amount of challenge, the game-play is fun and the rewards are quite balanced.

Find a guild, it makes the experience a million times better!

Edited by Asryd
reduced font size

I_-_Pic_1.jpg

The Trial of Yaga..

A campaign where old alliances split to give the EU server a breath of fresh air - in an attempt to fuel a 3 faction campaign.  Much of spring was exactly that, with Balance pushing ahead for an early lead.  As the seasons passed though Orders started to get a decent stride going.  By the time we reached winter The Nordic Marauders, a band of 4G, and Caldera had been able to sway the points balance and Order was in the lead.  

Though fights were mostly focused around the forts, there was no absence of fighting for large parts of the campaign - often at the most unexpected moments.  One such moment was the capture and defense of the Maggas Fort, where 9 stood strong against the onslaught of 2 factions.

Defence at Maggas

I_-_Pic_2.png

As tides change..

How the game is played will always be a personal choice…  Do you play with respect for others or do you mock and make ridicule?  
  Regardless of which you choose it's always a choice - one that defines how others perceive who you are and what you stand for. 

Caldera always aspire to respect allies and enemies alike.

There will always be situations which influence these choices, some that are beyond your control and some you may choose to try and influence. Due to recent events, Caldera has chosen to return to the Chaos faction, reuniting with our allies from KDS.  

Players whos efforts stand out....  

One of our pillars we lean on is @Udienow, a gentle nature, loyal, and positive attitude is often what makes us push on and exel to be better.  

Caldera is of course also always looking for new players.  New or old to Crowfall we welcome applications.

Apply Now

Edited by Soulreaver

What the f*** man all those l33t guild marketing and communcation skills. Is this how guilds have become now ? I am impressed :wub: ! Are you going to try to sell me something once I have joined ? :ph34r: I don't even know if I am going to be allowed to post in there that very message. It will just go poof when I click on Submit Reply. :D

Anyway, nice job with this presentation !

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.

Interview with Metauriel

Late 2015

I was looking for an organised and active Guild during the first Alpha phase after kick-starter. One day, I found two candidates I was seriously thinking about applying to. That night in the hungerdome, me and my group where attacked by Caldera while looting some zombies, two of my allies dying before I could close my loot window. The next morning, I applied...

I am the main organiser of all things PvP, doing a lot of theory-crafting discussions, planning, and helping fellow guild members improve in combat. On the side I also play the game sometimes, mostly during sieges, for training, or when someone needs help.

To me, Caldera is both an organisation and a family. As an organisation we are competitive yet respectful towards others, and always strive to improve and succeed together. As a family we share our time, fun, knowledge, and in-game goods with each other, and of course go through the occasional internal conflict.

Be active, ask as many questions as you can, and learn as much as you can. Caldera is about being part of a living community, and improve together.

What are your main passive(s)?
Combat

There are many awesome memories over the last four years, but one of them is an evening where we organised a guild harvesting session during the "big-world" test phase. While our harvesters were harvesting in the most valuable and dangerous area of the map, I was in charge of two combat groups and multiple scouts to fend off the various other groups active on the map. I am proud to say that during about three hours of light skirmishes and occasional group fights, no enemy ever got close enough to actually get eyes on our harvesters.

What interests me about Crowfall is the enclosed, temporary campaigns, where hundreds or thousands of players and player-run organisations fight for victory, and the organisational challenge that emerges from player driven economies and conflicts.

When you try the game, be aware of its state. By now it does a good job pretending to be a game, but it is still very much a prototype.
Figure out if you are willing to actually play it at this stage, or if you are just looking to see where its going, or to help with development. And if you do want to play it, FIND a GUILD.

J_-_Pic_1.jpg

The Trial of Perstilyn

It's been a while since Caldera has spend as much time inside the keep as we did in this particular trial.  Taking a somewhat different role this campaign, the guild spend a lot of time trying to help out the others on the Chaos faction progress in their gear. 

Most on the Chaos faction started the campaign out with no gear, and little to no experience.  The weeks would change things, with Caldera's help the different groups under the Chaos banner got setup and have become pretty much self sufficient.  

Unfortunately this wasn't enough to win the campaign, as the numbers of Balance were just too strong and well geared.  It was how ever enough for the The Umbressa Keep to stay under the control of Chaos for the entire campaign.  Regardless how many numbers Balance acquired.  Regardless of how many times they stood knocking at our gates... this didn't change.

When at times you loosen your grasp the other factions will take advantage of that, one such occasion in Perstilyn - @Aurellius, leading a group of 4G, ninjaed 2 keeps from Balance, giving Chaos all three keeps for a short time.

J_-_Pic_2.jpg

Caldera - Recruitment : Open

With patch 5.110 not arriving till early 2020, we are still open for applications.  Anyone looking to persistently test the Alpha, and work on how to improve as a player and as well as be part of a team. 

There will always be other guilds, groups, factions around, some more successful that others.  When choosing to fight under a certain banner it wont always be smooth sailing, there will be problems  The persons we seek want to be part of making a change for the whole guild, they want to help others.  They don't pick up and leave, when promised glory and glitter by someone else.  Pure and simple: Reliable and active players. 

New or old to Crowfall we welcome applications.

Apply Now