Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jah

Jah's Reports on the Trial of Maeve

Just now, mandalore said:

It's very John Bender breakfast club to brag about how little effort you've put in and how little you care. 

3218074_orig.jpg?233

We get it.  You're a cool loner/rake/libertine who won't conform to society's standards and will mock those who try.  Jah's gona take his 12 gold badges and voltron those bitches into a supreme trial of jtodd badge that's allows him to ignore blair math on a 12 hour cd (10 sec use). 

Actually... it is the opposite?

We're putting in effort, time, and energy to learn CF. I'm just stating from my own perspective that Pre-Alpha accomplishments have little to no meaning beyond testing for the devs and hopefully pushing constructive feedback to them. If you were to come bragging about your beta exploits for any game it would be the same mentality. Big deal. World Records in Gaming have been officially recognized only post launch which is the metric and standard that I also personally apply 😀.

World First Boss down during a Stress Test in World of Warcraft? No one cares. Come back when the patch is on live.

That being said I respect those on Balance for the organization and effectiveness on the battlefield. I'm not going to just yell/cry about the obvious number difference, instead we'll try to come up with our own ways to counter this issue for now, learn and grow as a Guild, and continue to work with other organizations in WPvP.😎

20 minutes ago, mandalore said:

It's very John Bender breakfast club to brag about how little effort you've put in and how little you care. 

3218074_orig.jpg?233

We get it.  You're a cool loner/rake/libertine who won't conform to society's standards and will mock those who try.  Jah's gona take his 12 gold badges and voltron those bitches into a supreme trial of jtodd badge that's allows him to ignore blair math on a 12 hour cd (10 sec use). 

I'm adding "You're a cool loner/rake/libertine who won't conform to society's standards and will mock those who try" to our recruitment thread! 

Cheers!

44 minutes ago, Andius said:

100% of the ones those of us who did show up last night have control over.

Same here..... guess were even..... and its not our fault?

6 hours ago, nerion said:

Before y'all merged.

Yep when HoA went to join balance to join WB it through the population of the factions out of whack which gave them basicly free run of the campaign then player who thought it was hopeless to try fighting the zerg joined that faction so they can "win" if you can call it that which then caused a bigger faction pop issue and those still in the other faction no longer see a real reason to play appart from some minor testing each patch before stopping again waiting for the poplation between faction to fix themselfs so the game becomes fun again. No reason to play a game that is no longer considered fun due to simply huge unbalance between faction population. Seems like all balance is vsing atm are new player coming in and picking a random faction not knowing the difference.

tbh those 2 guilds deciding to play to crush at this stage of the game by mega zerging it up in the respect of the current population is actually doing the game harm at this stage and causing new players to drop it after the first campaign they play. So instead of the game growing its tend to stagnate and possibly even be reducing atm.
But hey thats there choice to make.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

Not much people around from the previous campaign making it rather boring (on order) haven't really seen anyone.

Edited by Jecht

4 minutes ago, Jecht said:

Not much people around from the previous campaign making it rather boring (on order) haven't really seen anyone.

i saw a few order names on balance this time around along with some chaos ones soo yeah

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, veeshan said:

Yep when HoA went to join balance to join WB it through the population of the factions out of whack which gave them basicly free run of the campaign then player who thought it was hopeless to try fighting the zerg joined that faction so they can "win" if you can call it that which then caused a bigger faction pop issue and those still in the other faction no longer see a real reason to play appart from some minor testing each patch before stopping again waiting for the poplation between faction to fix themselfs so the game becomes fun again. No reason to play a game that is no longer considered fun due to simply huge unbalance between faction population. Seems like all balance is vsing atm are new player coming in and picking a random faction not knowing the difference.

tbh those 2 guilds deciding to play to crush at this stage of the game by mega zerging it up in the respect of the current population is actually doing the game harm at this stage and causing new players to drop it after the first campaign they play. So instead of the game growing its tend to stagnate and possibly even be reducing atm.

Got tired of having poorly made sockse allies so we sought out allies who played like us, meshed with our elvish humors and had a past history with (HoA and WB are both guilds that played live and emulated SB servers and personally I fought both of them).  Why would we, HoA, want to play on a faction where we don’t like our allies nor feel they are contributing as equals?  Sorry not sorry. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, nerion said:

I am glad you mesh elven humors so well.

You’re just jelly nobody wants to share humors with you anymore.  It’s like when a jaded ex sees you in public with your hotter new girlfriend and then stalks you for 6-12 months complaining about how you don’t think the new gf is hotter when in fact she really is.  UDL was a 5, -W- is a 7.5 (would be an 8 if Dame/Mal/Phylor kicked Jah).  

Sorry boo. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

12 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Same here..... guess were even..... and its not our fault?

Fighting about whose fault it would be, while I feel it's fairly obvious, is wasted breath.

The fact is right now Balance has about twice the active players of both other factions combined and that means while we can get some interesting fights in small group PvP, any sort of campaign is pretty much a wash this go around. We all know Order is the only faction putting up any kind of notable resistance, and with FoE come Order and the rest a no-show Chaos is a blank slate faction for the most part.

It would seem like guilds interested in a decent fight on Balance might talk to some of the smaller groups they work well with and go Chaos next round if they want to improve as players and get good PvP. Good allies, poor allies, there's practically nobody left over there so it doesn't really matter does it? You'd have what you bring. Unless the real problem is both groups are afraid to stand on their own in a campaign with 3 factions of roughly equal numbers.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 hours ago, mandalore said:

Got tired of having poorly made sockse allies so we sought out allies who played like us, meshed with our elvish humors and had a past history with (HoA and WB are both guilds that played live and emulated SB servers and personally I fought both of them).  Why would we, HoA, want to play on a faction where we don’t like our allies nor feel they are contributing as equals?  Sorry not sorry. 

Dont worry we didnt like you either you tend to run leaving allies behind to cover you when an evenish fight breaks out. Good thing you dont have to worry bout even fights anymore over there.

Remember multiply occasional you did this, one when a castle wall got dropped and there was a reasonable force of winterblades on the other side you went to go through the breach but decided to pull back leaving half your facton force there to hold the point as you backed out at which stage the fight was then loss due to loosing to many people at the breach while u turned tail.

Another time was winterblade pushed on us and HoA ran off while a couple of the order faction who wernt HoA stay and held a ridge which a few minutes later you guys are like ohh there holding we can win this and eventually came back in and cleared them out.

Your first action in any situation that seem challenging is run to get a grasp on the situation but by doing so you loose fights that way because you loose players on your retreat to get a grasp on the situation. I remember another time when both HoA and WB attacked a fort with bout 15-20 people and there were 12 chaos defending it HoA backed out leaving WB in there which died while you guys backed out for a number check to see if you could win at that stage u lost over half your force and was no longer winable.
Same thing happened with one of the keeps a few campaigns back you guys broke through winterblades rushed the tree you guys stood back which cause that push to fail horribly when if you all pushed it probaly would of been in your favor.

I myself are glad HoA is no longer in the same faction as myself however as a game/testing standpoint in this stage of the game i dont like how one sided it has gotten due to your choice in allying the WB this basicly meant the 2 largest and most familiar guild with the game are on the one side which created a horrid balance between the factions which just cause more people to flock to balance for the satisfaction of so called winning a campaign which realy means nothing at this point.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

26 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Dont worry we didnt like you either you tend to run leaving allies behind to cover you when an evenish fight breaks out. Good thing you dont have to worry bout even fights anymore over there.

Remember multiply occasional you did this, one when a castle wall got dropped and there was a reasonable force of winterblades on the other side you went to go through the breach but decided to pull back leaving half your facton force there to hold the point as you backed out at which stage the fight was then loss due to loosing to many people at the breach while u turned tail.

Another time was winterblade pushed on us and HoA ran off while a couple of the order faction who wernt HoA stay and held a ridge which a few minutes later you guys are like ohh there holding we can win this and eventually came back in and cleared them out.

Your first action in any situation that seem challenging is run to get a grasp on the situation but by doing so you loose fights that way because you loose players on your retreat to get a grasp on the situation. I remember another time when both HoA and WB attacked a fort with bout 15-20 people and there were 12 chaos defending it HoA backed out leaving WB in there which died while you guys backed out for a number check to see if you could win at that stage u lost over half your force and was no longer winable.
Same thing happened with one of the keeps a few campaigns back you guys broke through winterblades rushed the tree you guys stood back which cause that push to fail horribly when if you all pushed it probaly would of been in your favor.

I myself are glad HoA is no longer in the same faction as myself however as a game/testing standpoint in this stage of the game i dont like how one sided it has gotten due to your choice in allying the WB this basicly meant the 2 largest and most familiar guild with the game are on the one side which created a horrid balance between the factions which just cause more people to flock to balance for the satisfaction of so called winning a campaign which realy means nothing at this point.

Isn’t UDL supposed to be a gaming powerhouse?  Where’s this death alliance we’ve heard about for years? 

wiDfyPp.png

The HoA move, no matter how you try to justify it, was a fair-weather gaming move. Couldn't get the job done so you buddy up to the other largest guild who has also been playing longer than most. Passive skills for harvesting, crafting and combat are higher than most of the server and then you also have the numbers and gear to defend or attack multiple keeps. Most guilds I have seen on Order or Chaos have a handful of steady gamers with recruits coming and going. Your two guilds have 4x as much dedicated players, it seems. Chaos, at one point, did get an influx to try and combat all of this and failed to do so. Kudos on winning that campaign, it was a failure on our part to organize. However, it's not like that anymore. Not even close. 

You are, without a doubt, winning the campaigns. The way you're winning, and to the determent of the server, is not the way I would want to win. To each their own, I guess. Now you're asking to stage fights, It's obvious you're starved for PvP.... and that's your own fault. Let's pretend you had no idea it was going to be this way (history would make me believe otherwise). Now that its glaringly obvious, you're plan is to dig your heals in and act like it's all good? The fact that any of this has to be explained boggles the mind. The level of homerism needed to be in such denial is off the charts. 

I will give you guys one thing though... You're organization between the multiple guilds is done perfectly. Basically one giant guild squishing all the small PvP groups out there. Every time we see a couple people and attack 6+ more show up around the corner within seconds. I hope you guys stick together when it really counts, once the game is launched. Once the big guilds start coming into the game and its an even fight, you guys will be a lot of fun to fight against. 

21 hours ago, veeshan said:

I am puzzled why you would think WB and HoA are a Zerg.    I have been playing alot , nearly 90% of the sieges since Jan 2019 and have seen the population, there has rarely ever been a numerical advantage on Balance compared to any other faction.   Numerous campaigns were filled with sieges where Balance was consistently outnumber and even times when Chaos and Order teamed up bringing nearly 3-1. 

Now, if you are complaining about the Balance faction being organized and working together, then "Zerg" is the incorrect term and maybe what you're trying to say is that Balance is trying too hard for your liking.  

I guess we are lucky things are in Pre Alpha....   If the game design of Crowfall is too tough for non competitive PvP players then I guess it is good that we are testing now so they can make adjustments to ensure that it is working as intended.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thundar said:

The HoA move, no matter how you try to justify it, was a fair-weather gaming move. Couldn't get the job done so you buddy up to the other largest guild who has also been playing longer than most. 

You are, without a doubt, winning the campaigns. The way you're winning, and to the determent of the server, is not the way I would want to win.

See, expecting players to act against their own interests for altruistic goals of preserving a server is a losing battle.

If the devs want balanced population, there needs to be incentives to join underpopulated factions so it isn't like this after launch.  For example, splitting campaign rewards among all the players in a faction would result in more for you if you're in the small faction.

If they really want to fix it quickly, give PvE loot drop bonuses to members of the under-populated faction.  I guarantee the problem would be resolved after 1 or 2 campaigns then.

If anything, I hope things become even MORE lopsided during pre-alpha so it becomes glaringly obvious to the devs that they need to address this.

Edited by Tiberius_Invictus

1 hour ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

See, expecting players to act against their own interests for altruistic goals of preserving a server is a losing battle.

If the devs want balanced population, there needs to be incentives to join underpopulated factions so it isn't like this after launch.  For example, splitting campaign rewards among all the players in a faction would result in more for you if you're in the small faction.

If they really want to fix it quickly, give PvE loot drop bonuses to members of the under-populated faction.  I guarantee the problem would be resolved after 1 or 2 campaigns then.

If anything, I hope things become even MORE lopsided during pre-alpha so it becomes glaringly obvious to the devs that they need to address this.

You could even go as far as if your faction is loosing you get doulbe drop rates on everything, if 2nd get 50% insrease. This would also help as a catch up mechanic during the campaign to help with keeping player up there gear level and all that since it is harder to farm when your behind. aswell as an incentive not to join the largest faction side when choosing factions.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rutaq said:

Numerous campaigns were filled with sieges where Balance was consistently outnumber and even times when Chaos and Order teamed up bringing nearly 3-1. 

Early on, when I started in March, each side would say they were outnumbered and zerged and blah blah blah. The numbers, consistently, were matched within 10-ish people. Slowly but surely after the big merge away from Chaos from the UDL's and LOD's and such (A month or two ago), Balance has had superior numbers (Not a zerg, but most likely comparable to both factions combined). Maybe you're referring to a time I didn't play or a siege I didn't make but the word "Consistently" in your statement makes it a complete fallacy. Also, Balance has a dedicated force equal to or minimally less than both factions combined right now. We tried to siege tonight with 10 CC and 8 Hax. Good job by WB for holding the 10 CC off with 5 people early on but then their true numbers came. Someone can correct me but it looked like 30ish once HoA showed up. 30vs18 and an R10 keep. Thats the state of the game right now. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

If the devs want balanced population, there needs to be incentives to join underpopulated factions so it isn't like this on LIVE.  For example, splitting campaign rewards among all the players in a faction would result in more for you if you're in the small faction.

Fair point, whatever way works. They need to find a better way. Clearly their incentives are nothing compared to "testing bragging rights". 

Edited by Thundar

Sign in to follow this