Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Benwp's Crowfall Quote Log

benwp

I've seen some very well turned phrases and I keep thinking that there should be a CF Quote Log, so I'm starting one here.  Feel free to contribute posts that you think are quote-worthy.  

I hope this doesn't devolve into debate over whether or not a particular quote is "worthy" or not.  If you think it is, then it is.

Here's one to start off with:

No MMO has quite scratched the itch, satisfied that particular need, which Shadowbane did. It wasn't just the game, as fantastic and flawed as it was, but the people who played it. You wonderful, crazy, delightfully detestable scoundrels...what a glorious cauldron of calamitous conflict and community SB was. Most games and indeed gamers these days are far too faint of heart to not only endure but embrace the perilous path we knew and loved.

Shadowbane was a harsh mistress, it is true, but she had one hell of a lot of bold, brave and beautiful bastard children, and it warms my heart to see you all!

(Except you Temple scum. I haven't forgotten what you did...)

xZ2ResZ.png?1

Hi Ben. Thanks again for allowing Xanther to change my test toon name to Fagelmar.

Did he do that?  LOLOLOL   Shoulda given him a raise for that one.   ;)

xZ2ResZ.png?1

Background:  Shadowbane had issues with items/gold being "duped" (exploiting a code flaw that allowed duplication of items/gold ingame):

Holy cow, someone has bought a "Bloodstone" level on Kickstarter.  $10,000.

Just saw that.  I am guessing it was a duper.

xZ2ResZ.png?1

Any thread where you feel the need to put your own name in the title is a failure.

For most people that would be true. Your mistake, is that this person is BenWP. One of the developers of Shadowbane, and a sneaky sneak who actually played on secret toons with many of us. His name in the title just guarantees traffic. Ben = awesome. You = rude. Just saying.

Crowfall%20Stubs.png

• 3 weeks later...

If you think your border with Mexico is tough, try sharing a border with Congress.  :)

xZ2ResZ.png?1

Here's a good one from Hillbilly:

yer slackin on the quotes...I have said plenty of great  and quotable things!

Then some guy will find it 1000 years from now and make it into a book.

please people open your wisdom books to 3rd BenWP chapter 2 and the Hillbilly sayith...

All+dem+damascus+blades+_b2aeb854b64abda

I am sure somehow I just blasphemed! 

xZ2ResZ.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

I am offended by people who are always offended!!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Tully! Can someone type out what Tully said, I didn't quite catch the actual words....

Jk. Jk.

I like this bloodstone ruleset!

Something something Big Ben something something God Save The Queen.

:)

xZ2ResZ.png?1