Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MiroAIIB

Racial Skills (Passive / Active) / Racial Balances: Centaur

Posted (edited)

A lot is being talked about races: their skills (passive or active), how to play them (basically their gameplay),...    a lot of us have many ideas for every race.

So let me start with this: Those who play the centaur race always say that it should be the fastest (land-based) race. But the centaur isn't the only race that gets "Trailmaker" as racial passive skill. (I forgot what other races get this skill.) This basically makes the centaur only to ONE of the fastest races.

My suggestion is pretty simple: the centaur should also get a "centaur-only" racial passive skill that improves its movement speed. It would say something like:

"Quadrupled: Your extra pair of legs gives you a bonus of 5 - 10% to your movement speed, depending how hungry you are."

...and an active skill like:

"Full Sprint: Use the full power of your horse body and move for additional 15% faster. This action slowly empties your stamina. Press the same button again to stop the action. "

To make it more balanced I thought something like this:

"Sprinting: Using Full Sprint empties your hunger-bar faster."

That's how I would "improve" the centaur race.

Edited by MiroAIIB
Correction

Posted (edited)

Centaurs already have a great racial ability in Wild Charge, making them one of the best choices for Champions and arguably the best choice for Knights. Centaur clerics don't shine quite so much, but that could be remedied through making auras less fragile and/or giving centaurs a bit more Spirit.  Frankly, most centaur builds would be hard pressed to slot another racial ability, especially one that eats stamina, a much needed resource for retaliating and blocking.  The race doesn't really need a fix at this point. Look how many melee characters are centaurs. Stoneborn on the other hand...

By the way, Centaurs already need to consume more food than smaller races. 

Edited by Pwca
Added a few words

25 minutes ago, oneply said:

They are the fastest as long as the stupid jump exploit is still a thing. 

And when it's gone they won't.

30 minutes ago, Pwca said:

Centaurs already have a great racial ability in Wild Charge, making them one of the best choices for Champions and arguably the best choice for Knights. Centaur clerics don't shine quite so much, but that could be remedied through making auras less fragile and/or giving centaurs a bit more Spirit.  Frankly, most centaur builds would be hard pressed to slot another racial ability, especially one that eats stamina, a much needed resource for retaliating and blocking.  The race doesn't really need a fix at this point. Look how many melee characters are centaurs. Stoneborn on the other hand...

By the way, Centaurs already need to consume more food than smaller races. 

The Full Sprint action would only replace the Dash action in the Survival stance. For fighting the dash action stays as it is (for obvious reasons.).

12 minutes ago, MiroAIIB said:

The Full Sprint action would only replace the Dash action in the Survival stance. For fighting the dash action stays as it is (for obvious reasons.).

Sprint is currently available in combat stance only. Full Sprint would be available only in Survival stance -- and it would replace the right-click with a toggle? I'm confused.

51 minutes ago, MiroAIIB said:

And when it's gone they won't.

Seems like you want a lot of overly advantageous traits on one race. Especially one that already synergizes well with a couple classes and moves faster than all but one (without exploit). 

49 minutes ago, Pwca said:

Sprint is currently available in combat stance only. Full Sprint would be available only in Survival stance -- and it would replace the right-click with a toggle? I'm confused.

Wild Charge is a combat power that does damage. So it's only available in combat stance and has a cooldown. Dash is available in combat AND survival stance an can be used two times in a row before it has to recharge.

My idea is to make dash basically into a combat power only. And replace dash in survival stance with Full Sprint. In survival stance, right-click to activate "Full Sprint" and right-click again to deactivate it. The only recharge "Full Sprint" has, is the recharge of the Stamina.

I think what I would really like to see is centaurs lose the mount slot and horseshoe slot items give a bonus that can knock trailblazer up the speed of a mount (weak buff) or an improved mount (good buff).

Essentially, if you are in trailblazer mode as a centaur with a good set of horseshoes running alongside someone of another race who is mounted, you are going the same speed.

This gives the centaur two notable advantages over mounts:

A. You can't use dodge pips while mounted. You CAN use dodge pips in trailblazer mode granting additional speed boosts.
B. Mounts must be summoned leaving you immobile while you do so. Trailblazer auto-activates after a few seconds in survival tray.

So yeah centaurs would have a heavy advantage when it comes to mobility vs. other races. ESPECIALLY if they updated centaur knights to get trailblazer bonuses instead of mounted bonuses. But I don't think that really breaks them too hard. It just makes them amazing at interception. It also would make the currently unplayed centaur clerics a suddenly more viable race as the biggest weakness of a cleric is lack of mobility, however a half-giant cleric would still be better in every way for a head to head fight.

And best of all. It would mean they NEVER need to give centaurs a mount animation saving them time, and honestly who the heck wants to see a horse riding a pig anyway?

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)