Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gerrylix

Maps Part II

I made a thread about the situation on our maps some time ago and i am really working on getting maps done for my guild but with geometry like this it's impossible or at least the most cumbersome work. I was starting to map today and was already at the handdrawing aspect when it hit me.

Why should i as a customer invest tons of hours in getting the map TOP DOWN when devs can add a top down option without perspective.

this thread is a reminder to the devs how useless coordinates are on the map right now, this thread is a reminder for you that perspectives are NOT welcome on a map!

https://imgur.com/hKlbs2M

This is a screenshot of the current Krim Kingdom portal to chaos temple, i would never have guessed that it stands where it stands right now, even with tools like gimp it's a nightmare to find out parcel locations.

This portal actually stands on T12 | U12 | T11 | U11

Please for the unholy art of Fantasy mapping, give us a map view we deserve, non perspective, top down.

logo_v2_banner.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gerrylix said:

I made a thread about the situation on our maps some time ago and i am really working on getting maps done for my guild but with geometry like this it's impossible or at least the most cumbersome work. I was starting to map today and was already at the handdrawing aspect when it hit me.

Why should i as a customer invest tons of hours in getting the map TOP DOWN when devs can add a top down option without perspective.

If this were a regular MMO with a static map I'd be inclined to bite the bullet and just get to work on something like that.

With the map changing each campaign and campaigns lasting anywhere from about 2 days less than a month maximum right now, it's completely impractical. The maps generated for us need to be more useful.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

7 hours ago, oneply said:

+1000000

seriously the worst map I’ve ever seen in any game I’ve played. 

Who ever thought this was a good idea needs a slap to the back of the head. 

Since the map must have been created by a child of 12, I would say slapping the child is a bit out of line. 

6 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Since the map must have been created by a child of 12, I would say slapping the child is a bit out of line. 

Could anyone tell that child that it's not so hard to add a button for top down, orthogonal view?

You can choose to do so before or after the slapping occurred. ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspector-Camera35.png

Link to API reference:

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Camera-orthographic.html

Please thanks? :)

logo_v2_banner.png

Posted (edited)

North should be at top of the map and not in that weird 45° angle

should be more like this:

teldrassil.jpg

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.