Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TenTonHammer & MMORPG.com - Official Discussion Thread

I still feel both honored and surprised my video was chosen for this.

For comparison sake the original video is below along with the war story video. 

It was cool to see the community come together to make the video capture events happen.

See you guys on the battlefield!

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

14 hours ago, srathor said:

Hey Buddy I got your merchant empire RIGHT here. 

Uh I have a merchant up. One. Singular. Uno.  Stupid 10 minute timers.

Can't imagine what it would be like if all these smaller studios combined forces and their great ideas. AOC's economic concepts are just that right now but seem a lot more interesting then having a stall in an EK or whatever we end up with in CF.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-05-32-know-your-nodes-economic-node-type

On 5/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, APE said:

Can't imagine what it would be like if all these smaller studios combined forces and their great ideas. AOC's economic concepts are just that right now but seem a lot more interesting then having a stall in an EK or whatever we end up with in CF.

https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2019-05-32-know-your-nodes-economic-node-type

AoC is gonna fall flat on its face. It and CF will have similar endings shortly after launch. Besides AoCs arena their PvP will be junk, flagging systems 👎🏻👎🏻

2 hours ago, oneply said:

AoC is gonna fall flat on its face. It and CF will have similar endings shortly after launch. Besides AoCs arena their PvP will be junk, flagging systems 👎🏻👎🏻

If the siege fights are fun and well made, I'd play it even with the more carebear pvp systems. Plus flagging is only a side of it, guilds can also declare war on each other, which is where most of the open world pvp will happen, like BDO. That game has other issues going against it, though. 

On 5/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, blazzen said:

I still feel both honored and surprised my video was chosen for this.

For comparison sake the original video is below along with the war story video. 

It was cool to see the community come together to make the video capture events happen.

See you guys on the battlefield

That video came out really good man. I honestly didn't expect it to be good at all, since all of CF's inside efforts at video marketing have been pretty meh. But this one was awesome and even more cool because it was based on a real pre-alpha siege. Grats to the new video guy at ACE, excellent work! Great choice in picking blazzen's video as well, I was in that siege and thought it was one of the best moments in CF so far, despite the fact that I was in the defending side that lost. 

Edited by Rikutatis

10 hours ago, oneply said:

Totally possible that neither will do well or last very long. 

However, I see no issue with AoC's flagging system. Other games have the same or similar and do just fine. It isn't ideal for those that want to attack anyone without consequence, but it does serve a purpose. Seems to mostly impact those super skilled folks out there that find entertainment ganking disadvantaged victims :rolleyes: People can still do that, just with a consequence.

AoC's design seems like it could at least do as well as BDO which is still kicking around despite issues that drove many away.

Obviously very far away and lots of hyped features might never exist, but so far the AoC BR has been fun and the performance and combat style is more entertaining (for me) compared to Crowfall.

If they do PVE well enough (several Daybreak/EQ devs on the team) and the player conflict stuff turns out half way decent, can see it having success. If anything it will draw in a larger crowd then CF/CU so more will be left after the initial honeymoon phase is over. They've got cosmetics (cash cow) locked down and are anti-P2W (can't say the same for ACE).

On 5/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, Rikutatis said:

That video came out really good man. I honestly didn't expect it to be good at all, since all of CF's inside efforts at video marketing have been pretty meh. But this one was awesome and even more cool because it was based on a real pre-alpha siege. Grats to the new video guy at ACE, excellent work! Great choice in picking blazzen's video as well, I was in that siege and thought it was one of the best moments in CF so far, despite the fact that I was in the defending side that lost. 

We're glad you liked the video. Morlan, the new video producer, has certainly been a great addition to the team. The big props go to the VP of Marketing, DebySue. She was the driving force on this project, selecting which War Story to cover, having several conversations with Blazzen and creating the storyboard and script for the video. I know we tend to grief her a bunch in the live streams, so I wanted to take a moment to make sure everyone knows how important she is to the team.