Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sorrinrp

Temple crafting or a non-claimable base.

Posted (edited)

As the title says I think each temple should have access to each of the crafting table types OR each faction should have a small un-siegable settlement in the adventure zone nearest the temple. Sorry in advance for the rant.

To be honest I mostly want this because I get a little insulted(I guess the forum has a cencoring program that detects derivations of booty pain) about joining a faction and then going to bed only to wake up to a rival faction owning 90% of all settlements and the other rival faction owning the remaining 10%.

Not having access to crafting within the campaign completely cripples a faction without a settlement. And of course there's always the people saying to just go to an EK but really no one wants to go through the inconvenience of logging out of a server, back in to a new server, back out and then back in to the campaign just to get some tools or armor. Hell, if anything it discourages people from wanting to keep going, your faction doesnt have a beachhead to plan and organize for a battle, they just have an empty building full of greedy vendors and useless items so why bother?

If the temple had all the crafting stations at least you dont have as much inconvenience and youd have a better place to gather for a fight. Or, if there was an un-siegable settlement (that of course doesnt contribute points to winning) in the first adventure zone there would be an immediate staging hub for players to group up and ready for a battle. Honestly I feel like the settlement being there could provide an avenue for an otherwise losing faction to come back from the brink of defeat. 

Edited by sorrinrp

Personally, I don't really see the problem. I have my own EK in which I have all my crafting stations and I have dedicated vessels that craft there. I have other vessels whom I use to enter campaigns. I use my spirit bank to transfer that which I am unable to craft in a keep, in said campaign.

But again its just an unneeded hassle, like why choose loading screens when it could be better? I know with myself and a ton of other people if something takes too long, especially when it should be something basic, it's enough to send the ADHDs into maximum overdrive. Like I'll spend HOURS doing something boring like modding Skyrim and when I'm finally ready to play if loading screens last too long I'll just immediately go into shut down and swap to League of Legends as if I hadn't been wanting to play Skyrim for the last two hours. Same basic issue here. It's a minor inconvenience, I know, but its enough to make some people lose interest at times which really only makes it worse for the faction. Vicious cycle and all that. Besides, functionality shouldn't be an argument against improvement.

As a crafter, I am not against this at all either, especially when imports/exports are back.

My PvP brethren dislike the idea though.

My suggestion would be to make temple crafting having disadvantages like keeps have advantages.

(IE negative stat bonuses applied to crafting) - The tools/tables aren't as good.

This would still allow players to compete even if their faction is losing across the map.

The whole thread pretty much sums up why i will only join maps with disabled import after release.

I don't like the idea at all that crafters can hide in temples and EK's.

logo_v2_banner.png

Honestly as a crafter I don't want to hide out, I wanna leave and farm and build things and generally help my faction but not in a world that's 100% against me when I'm absolutely not set up to be able to fight, its just dumb to intentionally go suicide. So I still prefer the non-claimable settlement that's out in the dangerous pvp enabled zones. This way when we go out to farm we can be taken out, but also it incentivizes us to leave by offering some form of safety net with the lure of better crafting mats.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:54 PM, sorrinrp said:

As the title says I think each temple should have access to each of the crafting table types OR each faction should have a small un-siegable settlement in the adventure zone nearest the temple.

I think that's reasonable feedback for 3-Faction ruleset. Keeps could still have the better crafting bonus, with safer Campaign stations being equivalent to EK ones. Importance of this depends on how the Embargo system is implemented (we don't have all the details on that yet).

Dregs (guild vs guild) would intentionally be more high risk, so it doesn't make as much sense for that ruleset.

tiPrpwh.png

On 5/25/2019 at 9:23 AM, gerrylix said:

The whole thread pretty much sums up why i will only join maps with disabled import after release.

I don't like the idea at all that crafters can hide in temples and EK's.

And it's why campaigns like the one you describe see so few players in them.  This game is a pain in the ass enough as it is.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Tiberius_Invictus said:

What the game really needs is an incentive for people to not always side with the expected winning faction every campaign.

Hahaha 

the irony

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, oneply said:

Hahaha 

the irony

How is this ironic?  Because I play Balance?  Look, I freely admit to acting selfishly in my own interests.  As long as it is beneficial to me to do so, why would I do anything else?

My point is that a game design that is predicated on some hope that players will do anything other than acting in their own self-interest is a flawed game design.

Edited by Tiberius_Invictus

1 hour ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

How is this ironic?  Because I play Balance?  Look, I freely admit to acting selfishly in my own interests.  As long as it is beneficial to me to do so, why would I do anything else?

My point is that a game design that is predicated on some hope that players will do anything other than acting in their own self-interest is a flawed game design.

We all get the same reward for participation, just some have different colors. So why do you feel the need to be on the “winning side” if there is no actual incentive or reward for doing so?

3 minutes ago, oneply said:

We all get the same reward for participation, just some have different colors. So why do you feel the need to be on the “winning side” if there is no actual incentive or reward for doing so?

There are plenty of incentives to be on the dominant side other than the final campaign reward.  I have more respawn points, I'm less likely to encounter hostiles while PvEing, and when "Spirit Bank Anywhere" is abolished, I'll have more places to bank.

The devs will have to consider all of this when creating incentives to join other factions, otherwise the dogpiling will continue.