Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dober

Why are Assassins so gimped in this game?

I mainly play Druid. I have around more than 10 skills to master and my damage is low. but Assassins, huge burst with 5 skills. if there is complain to make , is to nerf your stealth or moving down.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:07 AM, Dober said:

A few people nw have talked bout engage/disengage. Again, its fairly okay to get away from someone, but its terrible for catching up with someone who is getting away.
I have a decent gaming PC and people i play with as well, but of you have to rotate camera twice 180 degrees and want to go i a straight line, 8 out of 10 times your camera will turn in unexpected direction. It might be a an optimization  issue with the game, but im pretty sure all of you know what im talking about.

I know what your talking about.  that camera bug has damn near gotten me killed many times. :(   can't complain though cause games pre-alpha and there are many bugs and such :) 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:21 AM, Soulreaver said:

Seriously though Disengage and Engage works well to chase as well as escape.  It does take pratice to chase with it - it is reliable and using the compass as a visual guide makes it a successful ability 9/10 times.

the camera glitch is a real and serious issue.  I have damn near gotten killed many times attempting maneuvers while spinning camera and it glitches and I am facing a way I wasn't planning on.  its an issue and probably a bug and probably won't be fixed any time soon. 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:24 AM, Soulreaver said:

As for the camera jumping all over the place... I am indeed saying that is you.

Its NOT him/her.  I have experienced it as well and it is quite real.  Its a bug probably related to the game not optimized properly yet since we are still in pre-alpha

On 5/26/2019 at 3:35 AM, PinkFluffyPanda said:

I have to agree with @Soulreaverhere, the disengage-engage is working just fine to catch up to people, if you cant make it work either your sensivity is off or your Mouse is skipping, maybe your mousepad could even be the issue?

Nope.  @Soulreaver is NOT right.  the camera glitch is real.  Now maybe the player is still inexperienced in regards to that maneuver but that doesn't make the camera glitch fake cause its not.  I have experienced it.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:41 AM, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Yes there might be 1 out of 10 where the camera skips in Crowfall due to game performance, but it is not nearly often enough to be an issue. 

Its actually quite frequent and usually happens as a result of rapid camera moving meaning I am rapidly spinning the camera for what ever reason and it will glitch and I will be facing a way other than intended and it happens frequently.  fyi  I have a high end pc I built myself so NOT my pc :)  

On 5/26/2019 at 3:47 AM, Dober said:

You just left me speechless here mate. Not only have you denied that there is an issue with camera jumping upon rotation but you also have called a dozen of people liars.
Is that the way to go with you?

This seems to be the modern day approach to debate.  :)  call the other guy a lier and deny anyone who agrees with them :) 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, Soulreaver said:

Oh and btw could you please link -all- of the dozen of the names of these players who are saying the camera is a problem

Right here brother.  I have experienced it many many times and its quite real.  I contribute it to poor game optimization due to the game being pre-alpha and no, I won't listen to you cause I have experienced it way to many times and testing many things I can do on my end and have ruled them out.  its the game performance.  :)  

On 5/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, Soulreaver said:

Black Mask is -not- a must.

I disagree with this.  I believe black mask has the skill called call darkness which is a buff where all attacks count as if your attacking from behind your target while active.  Sounds pretty crucial to me.  :)  

On 5/26/2019 at 4:11 AM, Soulreaver said:

Yet since others have made other choices, and are making it work - You still insist that Black Mask is a must.

yes.  its a must :)   "making it work" does not equate to the most optimized use of the class fyi :)  

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 12:15 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

Oh and this.

Sounds to me like he is saying the assassin should have high initial alpha damage to sneak behind someone and burn their health down to zero before your opponent is given an opportunity to turn around and kick your ass :)    Oh and he is also saying if you die its you NOT the game lol  so funny :)  

Edited by Kianna_RuneMaker

On 6/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, Ble said:

If you're having game-breaking camera bounce its you, not the game and not the pretend people who you said have also had the issue.

I disagree with this.  They are NOT pretend people friend as indicated by me saying I have had the same issue many times.  I have a high end pc and have checked many possible causes on my end and have determined its NOT me and so ya.  the game has a serious issue with a camera glitch usually triggered when I am panning the camera quickly.  I contribute it to poor game optimization due to the pre-alpha state of the game and as such have not let it ruin the game experience for me but I have come very close to death many many times due directly to that camera bug. hell now that I think about it I HAVE died as a direct result of that bug....  :)  

46 minutes ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

I disagree with this.  I believe black mask has the skill called call darkness which is a buff where all attacks count as if your attacking from behind your target while active.  Sounds pretty crucial to me.  :)  

Crucial vs Nessary.

How ever you view it you are saying : I must do more damage vs I must survive to do damage.

Your style isnt working in the current ireration of the game - stop blaiming the game and stsrt looking at the choices you make.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

@Kianna_RuneMaker no disc is mandatory, is a good disc for the assasin, sure? But luckily you are free to build your class to your own style, I for one don't use black mask on my assasin?

And the disengage-engage is working fine for me, not saying that it does not skip for you, but I'm just not having that issue. 

6 hours ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

And the disengage-engage is working fine for me, not saying that it does not skip for you, but I'm just not having that issue.

Outstanding, glad to hear.  I was taking issue with you all piling on the new guy and basically calling him a liar when he was explaining a very real camera issue that I myself am having.  glad to hear your not having that problem.

10 minutes ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

Outstanding, glad to hear.  I was taking issue with you all piling on the new guy and basically calling him a liar when he was explaining a very real camera issue that I myself am having.  glad to hear your not having that problem.

Please tell me where I called him a liar? 

And again black mask is a must, im running just fine without it. So it being a must is maybe for you but not for all. Thus making it a false statement it's a must for you, not for me. 

Again it's up to every single player, nothing is a must, it depends what build/role you wanna have. 

20 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Having 2 arms is crucial to accomplishing some tasks, but technically not necessary. 

Not having 2 arms isn’t a choice - its a circumstance of life.

In absolute no comparisen to the -CHOICE- of disciplines.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

1 minute ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Please tell me where I called him a liar? 

And again black mask is a must, im running just fine without it. So it being a must is maybe for you but not for all. Thus making it a false statement it's a must for you, not for me. 

Again it's up to every single player, nothing is a must, it depends what build/role you wanna have. 

read my post again friend.  I explained exactly what I ment in it