Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andrallia

First impression after ~20hours of play

On 5/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Andrallia said:

Well where to begins, this game is problematic, you really really want to love it but he doesnt even try.

Imagine having a date with a guy on friday, but you decide to show up on monday, barge into his bathroom to see him taking a dump and saying "wow you're not even trying to make a good first impression."

Posted (edited)

I  mainly play Druid archdruid  , because of the balance in healing and damage. I played other classes like assasine and templer and champion. I would like to say, Druid required high skill to play , not simple class. Furthermore ,@Andrallia I never use Bomb Blight way,  I only used to as Debuff the target , then burst him with my Spark. Bomb Blight  using it in pve for farming is fun 😋

Edited by Pathfinder05

As a relatively new player I would suggest you....

Use and abuse the test server. You can generally, though not always, get stacks of gold from the vendor to sacrifice and create a max level white vessel in under 10 minutes. Make one of each promotion and go play on the target dummies and in the world. Experiment with major and minor discs and see what works for you.....and provide feedback. Rinse and repeat for any other or all the classes that float your boat.

Intermediate weapons are a big step up from basic, can be crafted by anyone straight away with only a few non basic resources and are not far behind average level advanced weapons.

Use the new general chat tab to ask questions this is a very helpful community.

On 5/25/2019 at 3:58 PM, Andrallia said:

Well where to begins, this game is problematic, you really really want to love it but he doesnt even try.

So i'll do point by point why i personally find the game unapealing atm:

-The time gate behind trees, i mean they are all littles QoL imrovement that quickly adds up to be a huge bonus but man, why it is time gated like this? You don't even grind for it you just wait, while being offline, and it seems to be mandatory for late crafting//gathering.

-Clunky gameplay: i leveled a druid and promoted it to archdruid, and man what a disapointement for now, either i'm low on essences before fight so i can stack a huge blight bomb before engaging and the mob almost get one shotted OR i'm high and i have to fight legit and it's a pain, half the skill almost has no impact, the bear cast attack seems to miss 60% of the time because of lag server, once i am low on energy it's either i drain my life or have to stance switch and spam orbs but at this time i need orbs to heal myself by for bombing them too. I do not despise the gameplay but man is it clunky.

-Lag server: i know it's a beta/pre-beta whatever, but you can not have a healthy test in this kind of nervous gameplay game when some attacks miss randomly or some monsters melee you at 10m range.

-Ressources are overwhelming, too many different leather/wood/or etc and for each type they all have the classic white>green>blue>purple quality, ending up having too many different smal stacck in your bags and bank and still not able to craft your first leather armor/advanced weapon early on. And it's not just about ressources, the number of secondary stats is overwhelming, as the profession talent tree etc.

-Mob grinding: not a lot to say, combat is not balanced i believe, on one hand i can pull 2/3 mobs on my templar and live just fine and ready to pull again, on the other hand as druid i have to kite all day, waiting for ressource etc. at moments it is hard to find the right rankk of mob to lvl up, you leave a zone cause you don't need rankk 3 anymore and the next zone they are rank7. Same i had the exemple of farming pretty easily R5/6 mobs on my ranger and when i turned on a R4 aurok he litterally 2 shotted me, i'm prertty sure i lack some informations there but it's not like if the game give you any on anything.

-And last but not least, the servers are desert, i barely can find any group to grind war tribes even the weekend in EU, not a lot of connected players online to help you figure out what happen or tip you.

I rreally hope your answers will change my mind on many points because i really want to love this game. Sorry for my english btw.

Hello :-)

i can understand what you live , but dont stop and have opinion about 20 hours of playing , i feel the same than you at beginning but you must understand

1 / this is not a solo game

2 / crafting is nice and better in group .

3/ xp is fast in group

4/ speak in faction canal you ll find all the time people for xp or other killing king mobs

5 / discover other class other templates , dont focus on one for try all remenber is not classical game

6/ Crowfall is not easy understand but have huge potential

On 6/2/2019 at 5:55 AM, yianni said:

Archdruid is one of the best farmers/killers.  you're doing it wrong . And that's because you only played 20 hours . So don't complain about a class before you play longer 

How do I do it right?!?! LOL

On 5/29/2019 at 6:04 AM, mythx said:

I`m sad, because of T. Blair crafting/harvesting in depth system which you need a master degree to get into. We are losing players left & right it was a bad idea to invite too many Star War Galaxies devs into this project.

I disagree.  I absolutely love the crafting in this game.  It is indept, involved and more..  Masters degree???  Not really but there is a learning curve as well there should be.  I love it.   :)  

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Urielle said:

How do I do it right?!?! LOL

Watch some of my videos see if it helps 

Edited by yianni

On 5/29/2019 at 9:04 AM, mythx said:

I`m sad, because of T. Blair crafting/harvesting in depth system which you need a master degree to get into. We are losing players left & right it was a bad idea to invite too many Star War Galaxies devs into this project.

And they took off Neymar captain role for a reason with the Brazil national team in soccer.. It turn off too many players who don`t know what is going on behind the scene, and when they figure out the power curve with items is far ahead of them they will have no chance to compete in PvP and just quit the game as fast as they installed it. 

I don't think the problem is so much with the crafting system, it's actually pretty neat. However the problem comes with all the restrictions and inter-dependency. If I want to make a piece of armor I need string from johnson, some leather from bobby, and so on and so forth. Those two people might need components from multiple other people so it becomes a recursive nightmare where we all end up nut cupping each other to make one piece of armor; multiply this over a full set and you'll see the problem. This problem is further compounded when you realize you have a choice between being an excellent fighter or a crafter (since fighting and crafting generally don't work well together, but picking a harvesting line and fighter do). This largely leads to people buying crafting alts and doing the crafting on them instead. 

It's a similar system with harvesting, except you can at least be a fighter as well as do some harvesting.

This all wouldn't be so bad if there was a global market place where we can buy/sell what we wanted, or even neutral towns where we could have a local market place. I don't think that's currently in the works but it should totally be. Some UO-esque city where you can buy/sell/trade that have guards that will protect you to some degree. The majority of players want some dependency on others (this comes in the form of trading, partying up, joining a guild, conflict, territorial control), but they don't want to be tied at the hip.

The real problem here is that the devs over estimated how many people really want to play JUST crafters and JUST harvesters. The majority of the player base might enjoy dabbling in one or the other but they don't necessarily want to be strapped into a decision for an indefinitely (or near permanent) amount of time. Especially in game where things change very often.

The main theme of the game is conflict and conquest which will bring a certain demography of players that don't necessarily want to just hit rocks or sit by a forge all day. I mean doubling down on harvesting really makes no sense. When in the past tblair made comparisons to fortnites pve mode, I've honestly shuddered. Fortnite pve was a huge failure and it wasn't even nearly as restrictive in choices as crowfall is.

I think the recent introduction on loot on mobs is a possibly good move. Giving players more alternatives and options to acquire gear is definitely the way to go. Performance, campaign and zone capacity and character progression are also big issues the game needs to sort out.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Helix said:

This all wouldn't be so bad if there was a global market place where we can buy/sell what we wanted, or even neutral towns where we could have a local market place. I don't think that's currently in the works but it should totally be.

For some time all of the campaigns and God's Reach have had a Free City full of vendor stalls where players can drop a vendor for faction-less sales. Each faction temple also has a smaller area for vendor sales within your faction.

Problem is that no one has any real need for gold.

Edited by VaMei

On 6/28/2019 at 6:52 AM, yianni said:

Watch some of my videos see if it helps 

Super helpful.  Thanks.  What was your build like?  And stats?