Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello! Ex-Uo/ex-Sb Player

Ainyur

I am pretty excited to see what these guys have cooked up this time. Right now I get most of my sandbox/pvp fix in Eve Online, but I've always wanted to return to a fantasy MMORPG with meaningful PvP and this game looks like an interesting modern spin on that (voxels!). 

Looking forward to the announcement tomorrow :)

Hey! Welcome. Glad to see more ex-uo/sb players coming on! What were your favorite things in those games?

For UO, and this is probably mostly nostalgia at this point, but I really enjoyed the anti-PK vs PK battles that would break out around popular monster hunting spots like Despise or outside the Britain graveyard. Moving on from that, I really got into roleplaying via Seer events and player establishments that, on occassion, would have visits from characters being controlled by the Seers. It also offered each shard a bit of uniqueness, as the Seers had a lot of creative license.

In Shadowbane, I really got into the game pre-release via all the lore & promise of a game heavily influenced by Game of Thrones which at the time I was reading through. I also really liked the classes (hello Confessor & Templar :D). The actual game was a bit rough, but I did enjoy the city-building & PvP aspects of gameplay once I was in beta & then in release. I thought, also, the art style for the armor and items was pretty well done.