Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has the spirit of the game changed?

I've been teased into checking the progress of the game again today and I see that it has come a very long way in development. I'm just wondering if the game still tries to encourage some players to specialize in PVE, like a very specialized blacksmith that can reach tiers of weapons you couldn't achieve if you had combat disciplines. An original concept of the game described situations where some players would be acting as bodyguards while others gathered/transported items etc. Has that fizzled out? A lot of content seems to focus on the PVP side. 

When the chips are down, few people can really swing the bat.

12 minutes ago, Atuan said:

I've been teased into checking the progress of the game again today and I see that it has come a very long way in development. I'm just wondering if the game still tries to encourage some players to specialize in PVE, like a very specialized blacksmith that can reach tiers of weapons you couldn't achieve if you had combat disciplines. An original concept of the game described situations where some players would be acting as bodyguards while others gathered/transported items etc. Has that fizzled out? A lot of content seems to focus on the PVP side. 

i would say the game encourages people to specialize in pve

The caravans aren't in the game yet, they are planned for the next large patch in a few months. Once the off-line skilling gets reset and set to a normal level not the accelerated rate it is at there will deff be people that specialize in crafting versus PvP. A lot of us have two accounts just for that reason.