Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

Recommended Posts

It is a Crafting and farming game, that happens to have a splash of pvp with no benefit/payout... 

the gear gap is huge and can not be closed via earning benefits from pvp.

the game rewards Farmers with good materials in their spirit banks and vendors. 

the game rewards you for logging in and spending points longer then someone else. this also makes you a top tier crafter??!?!?. (yes you need some pve drops too)

there is no incentive or alt progression for pvp. its just a thing you can do if you want to.. and if you want to take a fort or keep you must wait for the predesignated time so all the people that have been logging in and spending points longer then you can be prepared and waiting.

in its current state this game will be dead to hard core pvpers with in a few months of launch.. the only time pvp will be fun and balanced is after full passive wipes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ferrat said:

It is a Crafting and farming game, that happens to have a splash of pvp with no benefit/payout... 

the gear gap is huge and can not be closed via earning benefits from pvp.

the game rewards Farmers with good materials in their spirit banks and vendors. 

the game rewards you for logging in and spending points longer then someone else. this also makes you a top tier crafter??!?!?. (yes you need some pve drops too)

there is no incentive or alt progression for pvp. its just a thing you can do if you want to.. and if you want to take a fort or keep you must wait for the predesignated time so all the people that have been logging in and spending points longer then you can be prepared and waiting.

in its current state this game will be dead to hard core pvpers with in a few months of launch.. the only time pvp will be fun and balanced is after full passive wipes

i cant wait for them to add farms to eks so i can just rp farm there too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, srathor said:

You should have seen that time I got a better placement on the EK listing than that other guy.

/teabag
#flex

Am I doing the pvps right?

 

Posting on the forums so yeah you doing the pvp right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PVP in crowfall happens in special doses at the moment.

A) You get steamrolled by a pug, while farming the stuff you need, to replace the armor you loose, while getting steamrolled by a pug.

B ) You join the steamrollers that have more members then any other guild and just faceroll the keyboard because nothing matters if you happen to have 3 backup healers and have more crafters then 5 normal guilds combined have players.

C ) You join a siege and end up with A or B

D ) The rare case that an even number of players meet each other and you have the enjoyment of loosing or winning after a hard fought battle.

E ) Two steamrollers meet each other on a siege, faceroll the keyboard at the lightspeed of 10FPS

 

When i bought into crowfall i was deluded and thought that D was the target audience and E (with better FPS) would be the sieging that happens every 3 days in a keep and be a special massiv battle. Now we got that unintresting siege windows even on forts and the usual pvp we had during 5.8.6 in forts was replaced and further caters to steamroller grps to show up.

Crowfall has no regular pvp at the moment, it's nullsec at it's finest. Sitting ducks that flex their manpower muscles every now and then.

 

Since 5.9 my guild members tell me this:

"I have no intention in playing Crowfall at this state."

"I am sick of farming and grinding 90% of the time."

"Why should we even try to compete with the current power gap?"

I find the last one pretty amusing because even a reset won't change the fact that crowfall caters to massiv guilds over skilled small grps at it's current state.

I know we have warstories of the week from certain players that happen to have one video of a great pvp battle but overall CF is not enjoyable since 5.9 hit, at least not to everyone that doesn't want to be just another gear in a steamroller engine.


logo_v2_banner.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah a reset isn't going to fix the massive drift of most of the playerbase to a single faction, but I have the feeling at the end of this campaign we might get another extended period with no trial, and the next trial will launch with some sort of system to address it.  It's unfortunate the player base has no willingness to self-regulate in the absence of systems to do it for them, but this game is what pays ArtCraft's bills, and they have to be seeing the fact that their community should be growing right now but is instead shrinking, and getting concerned about that.


"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andius said:

Yeah a reset isn't going to fix the massive drift of most of the playerbase to a single faction

To be accurate, there has been no real drift towards a single faction. A significant portion of the active players from both Order and Chaos have stopped showing up. Balance activity levels are down as well, but not as nearly as much as Order and Chaos. It is finally true that Balance has greater numbers, but its the same old people.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I partly agree, and it's definitely one of the reason I and many others have kinda taken a hiatus. A lot of work for a few fleeting moments of pvp. Crowfall has potential but I fear that there are technical limitations that will hinder that potential. I've never been a fan of the whole fighter, crafter-alt, indentured servant model that the game tries to push. I'm hoping that dregs really opens up the possibilities with this game, but I'm honestly not holding my breath. For those who enjoy the game I'm happy for you.

Edited by Helix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jah said:

To be accurate, there has been no real drift towards a single faction. A significant portion of the active players from both Order and Chaos have stopped showing up. Balance activity levels are down as well, but not as nearly as much as Order and Chaos. It is finally true that Balance has greater numbers, but its the same old people.

Yea but that’s not useful to their narrative of why they are losing now nor why they have yet to win a trial.  It’s much easier to gripe about being out numbered instead of the context of what that means or the reason why.  

Tldr; balance guilds aren’t recruiting and chaos / order have given up, again. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jah said:

To be accurate, there has been no real drift towards a single faction. A significant portion of the active players from both Order and Chaos have stopped showing up. Balance activity levels are down as well, but not as nearly as much as Order and Chaos. It is finally true that Balance has greater numbers, but its the same old people.

not sure about no real drift but I think no one like to lose everytime, right? I mean one real thing about CF - numbers and gear matter. if you have numbers and gear, then you need to get communication and organisation. then you can success. I felt it all on my own skin repeatedly.

so, ppl need to split between forces first, then they can fight. eu and especially na have big issue with splitting forces and you know it. this is mandatory in CF.

 

then, in 5.8 devs bring to us real grind. we were spending sooo much time in grind. every single patch this aspect get worse

put ontop of this broken 5.9:

1) disconnects/freezes

2) too big durability lost (with party lost). 10 deaths = no epic accessories

3) random teleports under textures

4) disciplines grind which (majors especially)

5) broken again working in 5.8

6) strange timers and recurrect system (aka travelling all the time)

etc etc

 

there are also alot of balance issues in CF. time vs profit especially.

as result, for example, out of 15 active ppl we have 0. me as well. until better times 😃 eu have 40 ppl in prime time.

devs are got lost what they want to make - hardcore pvp game or theme park

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game needs a larger population that can maintain many different campaigns, each with a healthy population. Until that happens, its just the same 100-200 people fighting each other over and over again. It's better than the same <60 people fighting each other (5.7 and earlier) but not by much. When there are multiple campaigns, the losers don't have to keep fighting the same winners, they can dodge and play in a campaign where they're more evenly matched. We've seen this with people leaving to go to the Euro campaign where the dynamics are more favorable to them. 

The game needs a population boost and that'll only happen with a finished game. We thought better performance might bring more people, but that doesn't seem to be the case thusfar.


Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andius said:

Yeah a reset isn't going to fix the massive drift of most of the playerbase to a single faction, but I have the feeling at the end of this campaign we might get another extended period with no trial, and the next trial will launch with some sort of system to address it.  It's unfortunate the player base has no willingness to self-regulate in the absence of systems to do it for them, but this game is what pays ArtCraft's bills, and they have to be seeing the fact that their community should be growing right now but is instead shrinking, and getting concerned about that.

HoA and Winterblades are seemingly unwilling to compete against one another. I guess we will never know which is the top dogs. Or maybe they already know and one of them doesn’t want the rest to know they’re B squad. 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, oneply said:

HoA and Winterblades are seemingly unwilling to compete against one another. I guess we will never know which is the top dogs. Or maybe they already know and one of them doesn’t want the rest to know they’re B squad. 🤔 

What kind low tier troll bait is this?  We are happy with our alliance and the leadership between our two guilds work well together.  If you’re not having fun I suggest you change the paradigm but expecting us to end our alliance simply because other guilds can’t get their people to play isn’t going to work.  Chaos and Order have plenty of guilds that could call the banners but the sad truth is those people don’t want to play a game that takes as much time PvEing to prep to be viable in PvP.  Balance has people that are willing to tolerate the hogwash (for now) but don’t expect us to break up because it suits you and not us. 

 

As for who’s the Dominate guild?  We all know it’s CSC ( @Phr00t)


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mandalore said:

What kind low tier troll bait is this?  We are happy with our alliance and the leadership between our two guilds work well together.  If you’re not having fun I suggest you change the paradigm but expecting us to end our alliance simply because other guilds can’t get their people to play isn’t going to work.  Chaos and Order have plenty of guilds that could call the banners but the sad truth is those people don’t want to play a game that takes as much time PvEing to prep to be viable in PvP.  Balance has people that are willing to tolerate the hogwash (for now) but don’t expect us to break up because it suits you and not us. 

 

As for who’s the Dominate guild?  We all know it’s CSC ( @Phr00t)

It’s alright I get what you’re really laying down. The same ole excuses is all. We all know which is the better of the 2. Too bad that one will always need the other one even when dregs comes around (if anyone is even left playing the game). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oneply said:

It’s alright I get what you’re really laying down. The same ole excuses is all. We all know which is the better of the 2. Too bad that one will always need the other one even when dregs comes around (if anyone is even left playing the game). 

This is a fantastic reply.  You’re losing every trial and instead of competing you wanna try to goad us into ending our dominate alliance through attacks of ranking vanity?  Is that how alliances work?  Does UDL feel the need to flex on their allies like they are subordinates?  Does blazzen have to bend the knee to pest or are they equals in their death alliance?

 

 @Ble we are going to need a life guard on duty, the tears are getting deep.  

 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: if a 60 player (all banners called and everybody logged in) alliance is enough to destroy this fragile boomer community then it’s going to be a rough time for y’all.  Get some gumption and maybe try rallying your forces instead of begging for your enemy to go easier on you (spoiler: we won’t).  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gerrylix said:

PVP in crowfall happens in special doses at the moment.

A) You get steamrolled by a pug, while farming the stuff you need, to replace the armor you loose, while getting steamrolled by a pug.

B ) You join the steamrollers that have more members then any other guild and just faceroll the keyboard because nothing matters if you happen to have 3 backup healers and have more crafters then 5 normal guilds combined have players.

C ) You join a siege and end up with A or B

D ) The rare case that an even number of players meet each other and you have the enjoyment of loosing or winning after a hard fought battle.

E ) Two steamrollers meet each other on a siege, faceroll the keyboard at the lightspeed of 10FPS

This is excatly the issue with the game. 

It is way to dependent on gear and vessel's. 

Plus the 10FPS sieges where people are just rolling their face on their keyboard has nothing to do with pvp skill. 

The open world PVP is really fun IMO. Unfortunately the population is not big enough yet to really support it. 

The builds and theorycrafting is really fun as well, the zero skill sieges with keyboard facerolling - not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ferrat said:

the only time pvp will be fun and balanced is after full passive wipes

I too have the most fun in this game right after a full wipe. When there's no real gear gap to speak of. When player ability matters more than passive skill training or gear. When I can quickly gear up and then PVP. 

The deeper we get into the passive training trees, the better the gear becomes, the larger the gear/training gap becomes between noobs and vets, the larger the grind becomes to stay competitive, the more the PVE to PVP ratio swings towards PVE, the less I want to continue to play. 

Many players just aren't willing to put in that kind of work in a pre-alpha but the ones that do have an enormous advantage. 

The real question is whether or not players are willing to do the grind to stay competitive post launch. Grind is content in many MMORPG's so I get ACE's reluctance to reduce it too much to suit a pre-alpha environment but gamers are very fickle these days and will move on quickly if the game doesn't meet expectations upon launch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mandalore said:

What kind low tier troll bait is this?  We are happy with our alliance and the leadership between our two guilds work well together.  If you’re not having fun I suggest you change the paradigm but expecting us to end our alliance simply because other guilds can’t get their people to play isn’t going to work.  Chaos and Order have plenty of guilds that could call the banners but the sad truth is those people don’t want to play a game that takes as much time PvEing to prep to be viable in PvP.  Balance has people that are willing to tolerate the hogwash (for now) but don’t expect us to break up because it suits you and not us. 

Not playing on the NA myself, but tbh if you have made an "unbeatable" alliance, don't come crying when your suddenly out of people to play against. 

What fun is the game if the only remaining faction is your faction? Because that could happen just because your guild and another strong guild didn't want to face off against each other? 

You might end of destroying "your own server" 

It's not fun for the lion if it does not have anything to hunt. 

It's not that it matters to me, I'm not playing on the NA server, it's just my to cents 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just reduce pve time and more people will play, right now if i wanna pve ill play riders of icarus, which i am, and as hilarious as it is, i get more pvp on pirate101 then i do on crowfall with a much smaller pvp community 


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...