Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Gear is not as important as many are claiming. The differences are minimal

 

3 hours ago, soulein said:

I'm not sure why people think they should be able to just jump into the game, show up to a fight in newbie gear and perform just as well as someone who went through the game's very shallow progression curve

While I agree gear is NOT the major factor, I think you guys are dramatically underplaying its value. I mean, even if we exclude everything else, discs are in the gear category. As such, gear is the only way to complete your build and have access to all the powers and passives you possibly can. Some classes only reach their true potential with discs. And that's gear. Behind a grind wall and RNG drops on top of that. Can't possibly say that's a shallow curve.

As I said in my earlier post that's not even mentioning the amount of extra damage or self healing you can get from jewelry, which is absurd. Stack armor mitigations on top of that, the difference from white to purple is more than double the mitigation factor (granted the major gap seems to be between white and the other grades). As someone else said above there's the skill passives stacking on top of that mit vs pen equation as well. 

 

2 hours ago, mythx said:

Hehe, you need to read up on their bounty system, but maybe they  change it recently. :D

I actually like ESO back in the days - only if Cyrodiil was guild based warfare to battle the capital city of Tamriel! :)

I haven't been following AoC too closely. And ESO was probably the most fun pvp combat I've had in an MMO, it was awesome. Man, I sunk so much time into Cyrodiil and the Sewers ^^

Sadly champion points kinda messed everything up  with power creep and dumb builds, combat balance was brilliant before that. You actually had to manage resources and juggle split moment decision choices. Besides champion points, prime time lag was horrendous though and devs worried about pve a lot more and neglected pvp. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soulein said:

Crowfall really doesn't require or reward a high level of twitch aiming skills like Darkfall or Counter-Strike. Crowfall is essentially a Real Time Strategy game where each unit is a player. You need to coordinate base building, economy, and warfare between dozens, if not hundreds of players taking part in social organizations which are  competing with one another.

I mean, that's cool I guess, I certainly hope all the remaining elements fall into place for a truly awesome and deep strategical experience in the Dregs. Because right now for the faction ruleset that RTS experience is not quite there yet in its entirety. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

While I agree gear is NOT the major factor, I think you guys are dramatically underplaying its value. I mean, even if we exclude everything else, discs are in the gear category. As such, gear is the only way to complete your build and have access to all the powers and passives you possibly can. Some classes only reach their true potential with discs. And that's gear. Behind a grind wall and RNG drops on top of that. Can't possibly say that's a shallow curve.

You really can, though. Just because reaching you "true potential" requires work, does not mean the power difference between a moderately equipped character and a well equipped character is huge. In many comparable MMOs, the difference between a mid-level character and an end-game character is much higher. In many cases you can't even touch a character who outlevels you. In comparison to that, it is a relatively shallow power curve.

Especially with help from a guild, you can get to the point where you can contribute to any fight relatively quickly in Crowfall.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jah said:

No I still refute your original claim in this thread of a "massive drift of most of the playerbase to a single faction."

Considering how few players are playing now it doesn't take many to equal a massive percentage of drift.  I don't know how big his guild is but I can easily point to the fact that Monk's guild went balance last campaign and is enough to qualify as that massive drift alone (considering all I see on order is FoE now) and dont see much chaos players.

Don't really care, just tired of reading that statement over and over in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jecht said:

Considering how few players are playing now it doesn't take many to equal a massive percentage of drift.  I don't know how big his guild is but I can easily point to the fact that Monk's guild went balance last campaign and is enough to qualify as that massive drift alone (considering all I see on order is FoE now) and dont see much chaos players.

Don't really care, just tired of reading that statement over and over in this thread.

No, one guild of mostly inactive players cannot possibly represent a "massive drift of most of the playerbase." It is a totally false claim. Not sure why you would bring it back up if you are tired of hearing about it.

If your point is that lots of Order and Chaos players have gone inactive this campaign, just say that. To describe that as a "massive drift" to Balance is just plain dishonest.

Infernal is the only guild anyone can come up with that has switched to Balance since the Trials began. Stop trying to make a myth that everyone has been switching to Balance. It has not happened.

3XW1fKN.png

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think alot of these issues would just be solved if they put classes back to how they were 5.7 and sooner. The class grind should be either non existent or completely optional for small benefits/more overall options. Add new skills in place of the basic skills in the talent trees, and specialize more skills into the promotion paths.

The gear grind can stay as it is (or be upgraded in a slightly meaningful way like the image from my last post suggested) as far as im concerned, its not as bad as people make it out to be.

At the end of the day, and i speak only for myself in this regard, the only reason i dont play that much is because i dont like leveling my character. I never cared about the gear grind, i either gather the mats on my own and tossed them to a crafter i knew or i bought leftover/hand-me-down gear from a random vendor (or in one case offered to buy a white weapon from someone and they gave me a green for free [even though i later made them take a CE as payment]). But leveling a character is forking annoying as hell and i dont feel like smashing 2-3 buttons on crappy AI to get my levels, if i wanted to waste time leveling characters killing AI then i would play the hundreds of games that do it better (fyi, i dont play those games that often cause PvE based games bore the living hell out of me).

Pre 5.8 if i didnt want to level my Champion/Duelist/Assassin i didnt have to (and mostly didnt, i only ever leveled 1 combat vessel to 20 and i only did it cause arrows were a thing back then, and even then i never got to 30 on anything other than my EK crafter cause sitting there making stacks and stacks of arrows is just as boring as killing trashy AI). It meant i had the CHOICE to decide if i wanted to level for the extra stats or not.The current implementation of talent trees forces players to take up the job/grind of obtaining levels. You get no skills to start, so if you want even half of your abilities you have to level. You get no discipline slots, so if you wanna slot a build defining discipline you have to level. Some abilities are inherently weaker (or non-existent) untill you take a promotion, so if you want your ability strength to improve (or have the ability at all) you have to level. Notice my last 3 points involve the statement "you have to level" not "You can choose to level if you want to for more options, or just choose to stay where you are if your comfortable there".

My question is, what reason is there to not let someone get some descent gear (not intermediates, intermediate is for low level mob farming) and be a viable combatant in a siege at level 1? Why are we "Forced to kills rats spiders to fill another useless XP bar" to be able to accomplish anything at all on a character? Why was all the health that was taken off armor now put into leveling making a level 30 character have multiple thousands of more HP than a level 1? What is the reason for FORCING a grind rather than adding options that make the grind optional for the people that want that extra 30% power boost or w/e and still allowing the players that dont want to (or cant) grind to still be viable? There is a difference between being viable and being Min/Maxed. Players should be able to be viable without having to put in the efforts to min/max every little thing. Those that want to do the grind for a boost are free to go for it but it shouldnt be forced on everyone. Being 30-40% less effective then someone doesnt mean the end of the world, being only able to use basic attacks vs having a full kit of skills + disciplines does mean that.

But thats just my 2 cents on the matter. I like things that add more variety and options, not things that make numbers astronomically bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jah said:

No, one guild of mostly inactive players cannot possibly represent a "massive drift of most of the playerbase." It is a totally false claim. Not sure why you would bring it back up if you are tired of hearing about it.

If your point is that lots of Order and Chaos players have gone inactive this campaign, just say that. To describe that as a "massive drift" to Balance is just plain dishonest.

Infernal is the only guild anyone can come up with that has switched to Balance since the Trials began. Stop trying to make a myth that everyone has been switching to Balance. It has not happened.

Because i've read your post saying that about five times already scrolling through this topic.  Didn't clams migrate to you guys a few campaigns back as well (can't say for sure just heard they were order previously)?  And yes a few players is massive when theirs probably only 20 active players on order or less.  Hell my guild only has three players and we are the #3 guild on Order.  The number two guild doesn't even have a single kill. 

Just saying even if its just 3/30 people, that is a massive amount percent wise.

Doesn't really matter though considering our numbers regardless with amount that quit.

Edited by Jecht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad we have you guys to help spread truth all over us, Jah.

 

I mean, it isn't your numbers advantage, gear, class comp, or the boredom of circles.... y'all are just better, right?

 

You guys are the circle masters in-game and on the boards. You circle those jerks who lie about you and spread your truth all over them, on the boards. In-game, y'all stand in circles as a group and, as Mandalore directly said, mesh elven humors so very well.

 

Circle masters!!!!

Edited by nerion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nerion said:

I mean, it isn't your numbers advantage, gear, class comp, or the boredom of circles.... y'all are just better, right?

 

Seriously, they need to change the circle sitting to just clicking the flag to interact with it for 10 seconds or so after archers are dead or something.  I'm unwilling to sit in a single one, doubt there aren't many others that feel the same way.

Player vs. time ftw

Edited by Jecht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jecht said:

Because i've read your post saying that about five times already scrolling through this topic.  Didn't clams migrate to you guys a few campaigns back as well (can't say for sure just heard they were order previously)?  And yes a few players is massive when theirs probably only 20 active players on order or less.  Hell my guild only has three players and we are the #3 guild on Order.  The number two guild doesn't even have a single kill. 

Just saying even if its just 3/30 people, that is a massive amount percent wise.

Doesn't really matter though considering our numbers regardless with amount that quit.

Clams started as Balance from the beginning of the Trials.

Infernal are as inactive as you guys are, so they are not a massive drift, even as a percent. Face it, the claim is just plain false.


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jecht said:

Welp have a good one, was dumb of me to pipe in vs. the renowned know it all Jah.  Have a good one.

Does the truth not matter? Only egos?


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jecht said:

Because i've read your post saying that about five times already scrolling through this topic.  Didn't clams migrate to you guys a few campaigns back as well (can't say for sure just heard they were order previously)?  And yes a few players is massive when theirs probably only 20 active players on order or less.  Hell my guild only has three players and we are the #3 guild on Order.  The number two guild doesn't even have a single kill. 

Just saying even if its just 3/30 people, that is a massive amount percent wise.

Doesn't really matter though considering our numbers regardless with amount that quit.

We were originally Order when we first started playing in December back when HoA had allies there.  We quickly moved to Balance because there was no PVP to be had at the time (pop was low and Winterblades on Balance weren't very active).  We ended up going Order partially for the same reason, but also to prove a point about the 'Balance Zerg.' 

 

This isn't specifically aimed towards you Jecht but I've wanted to say for awhile: we've since returned to Balance where we plan on staying for the future because, and I can't stress this enough, other guilds on the faction have taken action to make themselves an attractive ally.  This has nothing to do with winning either.  If you want allies you have to court them instead of call them a zerg for not being your friend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheMap said:

The item an number debate could be settled fairly easy with hunger dome. 

Alternate take:

Who cares about this debate in a thread about why people aren't logging in in the first place.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

Alternate take:

Who cares about this debate in a thread about why people aren't logging in in the first place.

This thread is all over the place, Jah and company talking faction numbers when we just trying to find out why login numbers are 70% down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...