Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

39 minutes ago, TheMap said:

This thread is all over the place, Jah and company talking faction numbers when we just trying to find out why login numbers are 70% down.

The people who tried to use this thread to whine about faction numbers are on your faction. If you don't like it, maybe they'll listen to you?

IhhQKY6.gif

This thread has turned in to pure comedy gold - The Internet truly is a place of wonders, a conversation getting so far off, and staying off topic can only happen on the Internet...... aaaand of course in a kindergarten but still - people get my point I think. 

This thread started out serious enough but oh boy did the kindergarten take over, please by all means do continue and don't even worry about you are far of topic, come to think about it you guys were never really on topic to begin with. 

But I'm not gonna stop the "my dad can beat your dad contest" please go on. 

1 hour ago, Jecht said:

Seriously, they need to change the circle sitting to just clicking the flag to interact with it for 10 seconds or so after archers are dead or something.  I'm unwilling to sit in a single one, doubt there aren't many others that feel the same way.

Player vs. time ftw

Actually.... I'm a huge fan of that idea if they increase guard strength and make it so all the guards need to be dead to flip an outpost. Forts can stay how they are, both because it it would be bigger pain to hunt down every guard than circle stand, and because forts are meant to be a group activity anyway which makes it go quickly.

But I'd rather deal with harder fights and then instaflip outposts then stand in a circle for a few minutes.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

27 minutes ago, Jah said:

The people who tried to use this thread to whine about faction numbers are on your faction. If you don't like it, maybe they'll listen to you?

The most funny part of all of this is that nobody ever mentions NA or EU.

Some players that were adding up to the whole useless faction discussion are clearly EU and some are NA.

Vote for EU/NA server flags on users because these kind of discussions will get even more out of hand in the coming month.

Edited by gerrylix

logo_v2_banner.png

3 minutes ago, Andius said:

Actually.... I'm a huge fan of that idea if they increase guard strength and make it so all the guards need to be dead to flip an outpost. Forts can stay how they are, both because it it would be bigger pain to hunt down every guard than circle stand, and because forts are meant to be a group activity anyway which makes it go quickly.

But I'd rather deal with harder fights and then instaflip outposts then stand in a circle for a few minutes.

The idea may be nice but cap times were decreased to numbers where you can capture under a minute with 2 people so i won't complain.

logo_v2_banner.png

26 minutes ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

This thread has turned in to pure comedy gold - The Internet truly is a place of wonders, a conversation getting so far off, and staying off topic can only happen on the Internet...... aaaand of course in a kindergarten but still - people get my point I think. 

I mean, come on, this thread is more fun and interesting than the actual game in its current state 😋

The reason that no one is logging in is ACE is losing track of their target market.

This was presented as a niche game and was financed by shadowbane nostalgia.

When you can’t go participate in pvp because you haven’t gotten that rare drop yet farming wartribes rare spawns or you haven’t been able to level up that that vessel you made or all your gear is broken again from dying because you can’t even get your toon competitive...

Losing isnt fun 

Some of us are too stupid to give up.

Some of us hope that the dev’s See this thread and start hearing us.

Stop the rare spawn/ pave silliness and give us back PVP

@thomasblair

@jtoddcoleman

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On one side we have the:
"Numbers? What numbers? Get good noob! What people joined our Faction? That has nothing to do with how bad 3 faction campaigns are to test with the current state of the game! Bah! You guys should all play as hard as we do! We refuse to acknowledge or engage on this topic because we are obviously immune to these concerns, petty noobs cry moar"

On the other side we have:
"Zerg Zerg! The really hardcore pre-alpha people all teamed up and now I want my warm milk! I cannot understand why 2 large pre alpha guilds would do this to us! I would never do that to them! All of this is their fault for teaming up! Booo hiss!"

Ultimately?

Crowfall as a game is not in a steady state for productive World PvP testing. Keep rolling out features and let us test them in blocks but if 5.90 is anything - it shows some glaring issues that need to be addressed before launch.

Crowfall looks really pretty. The update was great for movement. We are sorely lacking in areas of balance and adjustments that the game is in dire need to continue to see the pre-alpha community engagement levels we saw a few months ago. I've had plenty of new people come to check out Crowfall in the past few weeks who have been highly discouraged by not only the new player experience (we cannot keep telling people to just join a guild for direction/guidance) but the overall vitriol in the community as a whole. This is a pre-alpha that most of these people posting here paid for and some of us pretty heavily. Why isn't the overall sentiment - we all see these glaring issues - and here are some ways we can fix them or possibly adjustments that the development team can consider? 

Right now Crowfall does not feel like a PvP game. I agree. 

I hope in the future this changes - the sooner the better. I'll still be here, adding in little bits of suggestions and feedback where I can.

3 hours ago, Jah said:

Does the truth not matter? Only egos?

Your purely ego is the point, aka "know it all".  It is impossible to talk to someone on even terms when they already have decided what their truth is prior to anything.  It was foolish for me to join the conversation knowing the way you are on these forums in the first place.  So sorry I chimed in and continue wasting my time responding further.

2 hours ago, Hungry said:

We were originally Order when we first started playing in December back when HoA had allies there.  We quickly moved to Balance because there was no PVP to be had at the time (pop was low and Winterblades on Balance weren't very active).  We ended up going Order partially for the same reason, but also to prove a point about the 'Balance Zerg.' 

This isn't specifically aimed towards you Jecht but I've wanted to say for awhile: we've since returned to Balance where we plan on staying for the future because, and I can't stress this enough, other guilds on the faction have taken action to make themselves an attractive ally.  This has nothing to do with winning either.  If you want allies you have to court them instead of call them a zerg for not being your friend.  

Ah I didn't really know anything about clams until last campaign.  Reason we moved to order was same.  We were looking for more fights and being on the lowest faction would give us more opportunities.  Just didn't expect all of order to vanish shortly after joining.

Lots of order had moved to chaos so we swapped from chaos to order.

Edited by Jecht
grammar didn't not don't

another night of frustration..

Logged on- recruited one other guildie to try and kill wartribe bosses for rare drops to make vessels..

Couldn't convince anyone else to play..

killed one- no drops--

Tried to kill a raid boss with the two of us.

Couldn't finish him and died-

Sent discord messages to a half dozen guildies-- no one wants to play..

Made an attempt in faction chat-- Zero replies no one on in chaos..

logged off in frustration..

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

1 hour ago, Jecht said:

Your purely ego is the point, aka "know it all".  It is impossible to talk to someone on even terms when they already have decided what their truth is prior to anything.  It was foolish for me to join the conversation knowing the way you are on these forums in the first place.  So sorry I chimed in and continue wasting my time responding further.

It's pretty hilarious he'll call you out for "lying" on like three different things, you clearly demonstrate most the claims he's making about you are false, and then he'll focus on a word that's a bit subject to interpretation like "massive drift" and say you're making "false claims" after you push him back to the single point he tried to originally make you didn't tear him to shreds on and you only didn't there because the point is somewhat open to interpretation. Then he does it all over again on a new debate a page or two later about how "You didn't take a ring from me! Someone else on Order got that ring!" when you never claimed to have personally taken it in the first place. How is that not a bald faced lie to pretend people are saying things they aren't?

Balance sure gets caught making a lot of empirically false claims to be at all bent out of shape about people spouting "falsehoods" when those "falsehoods" amount to a different interpretation on a point that's subject to interpretation.

Point is, truth matters, but not to Jah if it disagrees with the narrative he's trying to paint. 

14 minutes ago, Andius said:

"You didn't take a ring from me! Someone else on Order got that ring!" when you never claimed to have personally taken it in the first place. How is that not a bald faced lie to pretend people are saying things they aren't?

You didn't claim to take a ring from me. You claimed to take rings-- "we do appreciate the free rings." The fact that it wasn't even you who took the ring was just an added detail that made the boast more lame. I didn't say your boasting about someone else's looted ring was the false part. I just said it was a lame boast.

And while "massive drift" is open to interpretation, the facts just don't support the claim at all. Infernal was the only guild that switched to Balance that didn't start the Trials on Balance. If you are going to cite your own faction's inactivity to suggest Infernal switching is "massive" on its own, that claim falls apart because they are inactive as well.The Balance players who remain active were on Balance at that start of the Trials.

I don't know why you cling so hard to your "massive drift" myth. You don't need it to explain why you are outnumbered. The almost total inactivity of your faction explains it.

IhhQKY6.gif

Jah Jah? Jah jah jah jah jah, jah jah... Jah Jah Jah! Jah jah jah jah. Jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah...

Jah jah? Jah jah jah jah. Jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah jah...

Edited by nerion
Jah jah jah.

15 hours ago, Ble said:

The solution to any gear gap that may exist is getting gear.  There might also be a slight momentary gear gap when some guilds who produce faster than others after a wipe achieve higher gear at a faster rate, but that quickly fades - like in a day or two and its an earned advantage of a collection of people working towards a common goal.

There's been plenty of time to max any crafting you want, there's been plenty of time to craft vessels, there's been plenty of time to craft gear... if you don't have it, don't expect a game to cater to your horrible crafting/gearing/vessel rate.  Just gear up.

What people don't want to admit is that they just aren't that good.  It's the games fault, its the gears fault, its the other factions fault, its the alliances fault, its the bugs fault. 

The ability to win is right in front of you, if you want it.

you are blind to the fact that new players have non of the passives to get the materials or craft what they need. be constructive or move along.

On 5/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, ferrat said:

It is a Crafting and farming game, that happens to have a splash of pvp with no benefit/payout... 

the gear gap is huge and can not be closed via earning benefits from pvp.

the game rewards Farmers with good materials in their spirit banks and vendors. 

the game rewards you for logging in and spending points longer then someone else. this also makes you a top tier crafter??!?!?. (yes you need some pve drops too)

there is no incentive or alt progression for pvp. its just a thing you can do if you want to.. and if you want to take a fort or keep you must wait for the predesignated time so all the people that have been logging in and spending points longer then you can be prepared and waiting.

in its current state this game will be dead to hard core pvpers with in a few months of launch.. the only time pvp will be fun and balanced is after full passive wipes

I'm not sure who to believe, you or the recent updates showing how DYNAMIC this game is where unlike any other game ever we get to be the content cause we can do stuff that really matters. If it is in the news and being hyped up on other sites, it must be true. Between ganking and fighting for the right to PVE and timed sieges to see points go up on a ticker, PVP is non-stop action. ;)

Edited by APE

47 minutes ago, Jah said:

"we do appreciate the free rings."

ea10cd63e10ca98384399325ef714ff7.png
Sorry if making a sarcastic statement with rings in the plural offended you so much. Yes I am only directly aware of one instance. I assumed there may have been more. I used hyperbole! I admit it! If the court of public opinion says that makes me a liar (and I highly doubt it does outside you and the screaming banshees on Balance) then I will willingly submit to my 20 noodle lashings.

As to the massive drift statement. I can only cite one particular example of an entire guild migrating go Balance since I've been here (which is one more than I can cite moving from Balance to Order or Chaos). I've talked to plenty of people who know a player here and two or there that left for Balance at some point. Sorry if I can't make you a comprehensive list of every single player who's switch sides. Obviously other people have experienced the same reality a me because some of them of spoken up about it.

The point is, like my brother and his wife had to teach my nephew when he was five years old. Just because someone says something you disagree with doesn't mean you get to call them a liar.

You have yet to cite any claim I've made that's empirically false. I can cite at least two examples of you twisting my words including one were you straight up deleted the first part from a quote I made because it directly contradicted the narrative you were trying to make. Yet you and others on Balance are running around talking about how the "truth matters" and I'm using "libel" and "slander" against you. I think it's time you drop the facade that the truth matters to you more than me, and your real intent here isn't what it always is, propagandizing for your faction.

Now can we agree to disagree and shut up about it or are you going to keep coming back every 3 posts to shout about the "truth"?

Edited by Andius

41 minutes ago, Andius said:

Now can we agree to disagree and shut up about it or are you going to keep coming back every 3 posts to shout about the "truth"?

You are the one who brought it back up again. Stop making false claims and I'll stop refuting them.

If your claims were meant as hyperbole-- not meant to be taken literally-- that was not clear. And just because something is hyperbole doesn't mean it is not a distortion. That's kind of what hyperbole is.

And LOL at trying to back up your claim of a "massive drift" with  "I've talked to plenty of people who know a player here and two or there that left for Balance at some point."

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

The playerbase may not be massive but the amount of it that's drifted over is significant enough with this small of a palyerbase I think the word "massive" applies, and calling it a "falsehood" and getting in a huge argument over that is downright petty. And speaking of pettiness and dishonesty:

0fd1df6f55f7623ff004f94c28456f22.png

c70288065bddb2d397b1bb84d552bbf2.png
Why would someone who cares about truth so much cut out "I praised Order as a faction" then post a quote of me praising Order as a faction?

Cut the pretense that you give have a damn about truth. It's tired and disingenuous. You are a propaganda machine for Balance plain and simple and the only "truth" that matters to you is the "truth" that furthers those objectives. The only "falsehoods" your going to call are the "falsehoods" that hurt Balance. Everyone knows it, everyone's tired of it. 

I can agree to disagree. The points we're arguing here are very open to interpretation so reasonable people can disagree without being lairs. Not sure why you're so insistent to paint me as a liar here other than that you clearly can't handle people saying things negative about your precious faction. I dropped it for a couple pages and you just keep going. Get over it man.

Edited by Andius

13 minutes ago, Andius said:

I dropped it for a couple pages and you just keep going. Get over it man.

You brought it right back up again an hour ago. Don't try to pin that on me. It's right in the thread above. You decided to rehash things to bond with Jecht when his argument devolved into a personal attack on me. That isn't exactly dropping it.

IhhQKY6.gif