Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

Sorry, when I stop talking about it for like 2 pages and the majority of those posts are you and other people still fighting about it, I might have some more comments to make eventually. I don't really consider that to be "bringing it up again" though when it was still the obvious primary subject of conversation in this topic after I try to let it go. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Ladies and Gentlemen

At this point I am pretty sure ya'll are just using this thread as a way to increase your post count. 😝

That is why I am posting. 🤣 +1 interwebz

Still waiting for the 'How do we turn this Pre-Alpha S Show around' discussion and maybe a little 'This is how CF could be more productive in PvP testing during Pre-Alpha'

😎😎😎
😎😎😎
😎😎😎

1 hour ago, realblankspace said:

Ladies and Gentlemen

At this point I am pretty sure ya'll are just using this thread as a way to increase your post count. 😝

Still waiting for the 'How do we turn this Pre-Alpha S Show around' discussion and maybe a little 'This is how CF could be more productive in PvP testing during Pre-Alpha'

😎😎😎
😎😎😎
😎😎😎

I don’t think that’s possible with the sheer amount of hogwash presented in this thread.  It’s exhausting just reading, I’m glad I’m mostly a by stander in this one.  

We have in one corner Jah, a man I’ve argued with for years and is often such a slave to the truth than any nuance is lost on him.  In the other corner, and challenger, is the herald of Uncle Bob: a man (maybe, don’t wanna assume) who has a loose understanding of the truth and instead prefers anecdote and hyperbole over anything resembling legitimacy and habitually travels from game to game complaining about whatever guild/faction is winning and how it’s destroying the game.  

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, realblankspace said:

Ladies and Gentlemen

😎😎😎
😎😎😎
😎😎😎

I tried to interrupt the crazy with my GRAVE BUDDY 5000 thread 🤣 

logo_v2_banner.png

edit: I decided to eat my words, I realize that what I said would probably churn the pot some more despite my intentions, so I deleted it. Really wish we could make this as easy as possible for ACE to gather the community's pulse without the extra stuff, but I have caught myself straying as well.

My apologies. 

Edited by Samulus
taking my own advise

I don't remember what this thread is about, so this likely isn't relevant info, but here is why I don't play.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Sometimes losing can also be fun.

Crowfall needs this to be true.

Right now in Crowfall, winning is too often not fun, losing is rarely fun. And my biggest issue, it's often to much work to even get to a point where you are in a situation to win or lose.

The large majority of PvP I've experienced in CF are sieges, and they are just not fun. I think it was hit dead on earlier that it's only fun for the Battle commander's and shot callers. Once multiple groups get involved on both sides all the classes meld together and any sort of individual interaction or play is lost.

The classes are all to similar. Disciplines do not fix this in their current state because they all do roughly the same things. There are effectively only 3 classes.

You can choose to swing a sword, shoot a fireball or heal.

Race, class,  promotion class, and discipline choice only change the cosmetics and effectiveness of these 3 roles.

The thousands of possibilities of character building don't matter in anything more than 10v10.

aeei5jG.png

20 minutes ago, Yoink said:

And my biggest issue, it's often to much work to even get to a point where you are in a situation to win or lose.

You can always run out as a noob and lose but getting to a point of viability (levels, gear, vessel, etc.) is what takes too long. When losing isn't fun and getting to a point of viability to win takes too long it's no wonder the game is a ghost town. 

1. If the gear power curve was such that a person in whites could compete with someone in legendary gear then it wouldn't be an issue because it's easy to gear up in whites. 
  2. If the grind it takes to get to a point of viability (which viability is up for debate and is a moving target. I'd say it's currently somewhere around full blue gear now that people are running around in purple/legendary) was short then the power curve wouldn't matter as much. 
    1. Getting to the point of viability is COMPOUNDED by passive training. If you are behind in passive training and do not have friends/guildmates that can provide gear/vessels for you then you currently have no way to catch up but to just wait. 

This is also why I enjoy Crowfall the most after a full wipe. It doesn't take long to become viable because leveling up a white vessel and getting white gear is pretty quick and easy to do and nobody has enough training to make higher end gear. The more crafting/harvesting training we get, the better gear becomes possible, which raises the requirement for minimum viability. 

The two biggest reasons Darkfall and Shadowbane failed I think were that the games weren't casual friendly (not until MUCH later) and because the campaigns didn't reset which caused servers to get stale. Crowfall has resetting campaigns but it needs to work on making the game friendly for casual players. 

Edited by blazzen

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website