Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

9 hours ago, mandalore said:

Yea but that’s not useful to their narrative of why they are losing now nor why they have yet to win a trial.  It’s much easier to gripe about being out numbered instead of the context of what that means or the reason why.  

Tldr; balance guilds aren’t recruiting and chaos / order have given up, again. 

First things first, are you only talking for NA, because i got no clue how the situation is over there?

I can only speak for myself and i haven't given up but you sound like the perfect example of a longtime member that sings "Everything is awesome" while sitting in his ivory tower.

logo_v2_banner.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

This is a fantastic reply.  You’re losing every trial and instead of competing you wanna try to goad us into ending our dominate alliance through attacks of ranking vanity?  Is that how alliances work?  Does UDL feel the need to flex on their allies like they are subordinates?  Does blazzen have to bend the knee to pest or are they equals in their death alliance?

@Ble we are going to need a life guard on duty, the tears are getting deep.  

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: if a 60 player (all banners called and everybody logged in) alliance is enough to destroy this fragile boomer community then it’s going to be a rough time for y’all.  Get some gumption and maybe try rallying your forces instead of begging for your enemy to go easier on you (spoiler: we won’t).  

Hey man you can make poor inferences if you want, we get it. When your whole gaming experience is about “play to crush” it sucks knowing that without the other you’re unable to achieve it. 

And don’t toot your own horn so much. You’re “60 player” alliance has essentially zero effect on population. A falsely advertised grindy game with very little quality PvP to be had is what’s driving people way. 

10 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

First things first, are you only talking for NA, because i got no clue how the situation is over there?

I can only speak for myself and i haven't given up but you sound like the perfect example of a longtime member that sings "Everything is awesome" while sitting in his ivory tower.

He rags on the game a lot. I actually agree with a lot of his opinions on the state of the game as far as design goes. I would not characterize him such as you have. 

8 minutes ago, Staff said:

just reduce pve time and more people will play, right now if i wanna pve ill play riders of icarus, which i am, and as hilarious as it is, i get more pvp on pirate101 then i do on crowfall with a much smaller pvp community 

For me the PVE time is no big issue, i will happily prepare for battle but what i can't stand is that gear, mounts and everything has a durability that is chewed through in a matter of seconds. I was farming for raids hours upon hours, day after day , just to survive a few fights back in the days but you didn't loose everyhting in a matter of 1 day.

Durability loss is one reason we do not PVP, i mean if you got crafters that make everything for you this might all be fun but my guild started out 2 month ago and loosing 15% of the armor every death is crazy BS. I have chewed through a complete mount in under a day of leveling.

logo_v2_banner.png

18 minutes ago, oneply said:

He rags on the game a lot. I actually agree with a lot of his opinions on the state of the game as far as design goes. I would not characterize him such as you have. 

I can only speak in context of this thread, it's not like i am stalking people on the forum. ^^

logo_v2_banner.png

3 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

I can only speak in context of this thread, it's not like i am stalking people on the forum. ^^

There’s only a handful of people active on the forum. If you’re here long enough you’ll get a feel for who they are. And even in the context of the thread I think you misinterpreted his points.

Still maintain that HoA and WB can’t crush solo. 

28 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

loosing 15% of the armor every death is crazy BS.

Yes, this is legit hard-baking in the grind fest.

Along with diminished returns on farming (even with max training, that still gets trump'd by gear you can make in a day) they are basically saying, "Hey, we don't respect your time to play the game as intended, because science and math says, the population won't stay unless we attach a megalithic grind to the normal course of play." 

I want to play CF, not Minecraft. I want PvP, not more gates and grinds to get there.

1 minute ago, oneply said:

There’s only a handful of people active on the forum. If you’re here long enough you’ll get a feel for who they are. And even in the context of the thread I think you misinterpreted his points.

Still maintain that HoA and WB can’t crush solo. 

Maybe you are right, i noticed that feelings are more tense since 5.9 hit. It wasn't meant as a full blown attack on him. :S

logo_v2_banner.png

I played this last Memorial day weekend, probably sunk about 15 hours into CF trying to level a Runecrafter up since neither I nor any of my regular crew has played since the last wipe. I made it to level 22 on a Guineacean cleric. Solo. 

The grind is horrible. Granted, I was playing a less-than-favorable soloing toon, but all the while I'm thinking, "gotta get this runecrafter running so I can make new tools>jump on buddy's BSing account>armor and weapon>less grind because better gear>rinse and repeat". By the time I made this cycle once, my weapon was falling apart. NBD right, just a green weapon? For me, not much. For a new guy soloing who doesn't have the resources and know-how that I do? Bigtime.

Add in the fact that Level 6/7 mobs got me to an asymptote around level 23 (I bet the 7's don't offer exp after I hit that level) AND the fact that all of these sacrifice-able items that are dropped that are not fully implemented yet, I'm stuck until I venture out and find rank 10's. Especially since the 4000g amassed while grinding wartribes probably amounted to a quarter of that in experience (I turned the game off after that, I missed that change somewhere in the past few months of not playing and decided that CF was better without me at the moment). 

So, at 23 I'm not ready to PvP and on the cusp of being forced into areas where PvP is more likely. And it's ironic, because I play this game to PvP, but I don't want to go PvP because I haven't been able to prepare myself well enough for PvP despite my efforts. 

Take everything above, and multiply it by at least 4 for the new player. If CF gets any new players in the time coming up, they're going to hit this same wall and leave. Wait, wait, just get them to join a guild right? What guilds? 

And just a last note, and I'll probably get reported and/or a warning, but someone has to say it: My most anticipated feature for Crowfall at the moment is the ability for someone to speak out about the way campaigns are running without @Jah coming in and derailing the thread thereafter to be about the same "Balance isn't stacked we are blahblahblah" drama we've been reading for months. 

HOA dropped their faction and allies to group up with W for guaranteed wins. They actually posted a plan for a siege discussing how many numbers to bring to remain competitive.

Personally, the gear differential between white and leg is too much. This and obviously durability is out of whack. They made changes to gear for balance sake but didn't remove what was in. They need a balance patch coupled with a reset.

Edited by nerion

Since the 5.8.6 wipe I have done nothing but level replacement vessels for my crafters and harvesters, and re-gear my legion of toons.  Yesterday was the first day I participated in a siege in months. I poured a pile of money into Crowfall based on my enjoyment of the greybox hungerdome days, and the more content that's added, the farther the game gets from that PvP joy I experienced back in the day.

There are maybe 8 players in my guild still playing Crowfall (we still have over a hundred people with testing access, but the rest have all written off their investment and moved on).  As a result, I've turned a bunch of my accounts into crafters (and I don't like crafting to begin with), and had to increase harvesting efforts in order to gear those crafters.   Crowfall has taken a sharp left turn into PvE grinding, and that grind is magnified if you're not in a large active guild with multiple active crafters.   The interdependence required in the crafting system may work well with thousands of players on a server and dozens of 100+ member guilds.  But in the testing environment, it feels terrible.  It takes 7 worker drone accounts to support my PvP account, and by the time I've done all the harvesting and crafting, I'm too sick of Crowfall to go out and PvP.

I'd like to also posit one more thing since I wasn't clear in my rant above:

You need a decent little chunk of change to get basic harvesting disciplines and then a crafting discipline from a vendor. Early on anyway. Level 3 wartribe members/undead drop anywhere from 5-9 gold a piece, and you need 850 gold for those first two disciplines. Then it's what, 900g for the basic mount?  Almost 1800 gold to be a halfway efficient FARMER (note, I did not state PvP-er) of which you'll be using intermediate gear to get most of. At least we don't care if intermediate stuff breaks. 

That grind gets more complicated since pulls are often linked (much more so with regard to wartribes), for a level 9 character solo you might as well just roll over and die early if you pull more than one of anything that can spam stuns/knockdowns/interrupts (about half of them it turns out). I played Everquest pretty extensively back in the day and then recently on a Druid and then a Necro; we definitely have no pull management skills in this game to speak of like in EQ... Even with the aforementioned imbalance, wartribe members are tough and have way too much health individually for the experience and rewards they offer. If you can find a circuit of solo-pull elite ones to pick out like I did, you get decent drops but the experience gained isn't any more that I noticed. So that pretty much means just bring a group if you're a lowbie trying to get anywhere early on... Have fun fighting for loot.   

Blaming people who don't play a game for the state of the game is like being angry your co-worker who quit last week didn't handle all their tasks during their shift last night. Nobody has an obligation to play the game. Not to provide Balance with content, not to help Order and Chaos out. Not sure why anyone thinks it's a reasonable argument to make that we should be angry at people who left.

I don't expect people who leave to care about this game and I'm not going to go chasing after them to drag them back. I would expect people who intend to keep playing might care about the health of the community.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

12 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

It takes 7 worker drone accounts to support my PvP account, and by the time I've done all the harvesting and crafting, I'm too sick of Crowfall to go out and PvP.

I couldn't have said it better if I'd tried... 

49 minutes ago, Samulus said:

And just a last note, and I'll probably get reported and/or a warning, but someone has to say it: My most anticipated feature for Crowfall at the moment is the ability for someone to speak out about the way campaigns are running without @Jah coming in and derailing the thread thereafter to be about the same "Balance isn't stacked we are blahblahblah" drama we've been reading for months. 

Don't distort what I said. You'll be waiting a long time if you are anticipating a time when people can distort the truth without someone replying to correct them.

1 minute ago, Andius said:

Blaming people who don't play a game for the state of the game is like being angry your co-worker who quit last week didn't handle all their tasks during their shift. Nobody has an obligation to play the game. Not to provide Balance, not to help Order and Chaos out. Not sure why anyone thinks it's a reasonable argument to make that we should be angry at people who left.

It would be better if you not blame players at all. Nobody is suggesting that you be angry at anyone. You are doing that on your own.

IhhQKY6.gif

I'm just dumfounded people will literally run a game they supposedly enjoy into the ground before they'll take the measures available to them that they could implement any campaign to breath some life back into the game.

Sure it's not Balance's responsibility to make the game balanced. People who left have no obligation to do it though. People already fighting on factions that need more players are doing what they can to do it. The devs probably don't have time to roll out a very good solution because it's a pre-alpha and this will be a complex problem to fix.

The easiest solution is for Balance guilds to split between Chaos and Balance, they absolutely refuse to do it, and you can't understand why the entire community is collectively shaking their heads like "Damn, they are really that scared of losing a campaign that they'd rather let the game die?"

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

Don't distort what I said. You'll be waiting a long time if you are anticipating a time when people can distort the truth without someone replying to correct them.

I'm not quoting anything in particular to distort, it's a remark towards your overall presence on the forums and in this thread. One guy says something pointing to the obvious skew towards Balance, and boom, there goes the thread. 

Your next line will be about how you wouldn't show up to counter if there had been no one to detract from you in the first place. Yes, you should be able to defend yourself, but at a certain point you need to ask yourself why all of these people have a problem with HoA and WB before an actual constructive conversation on that topic and Crowfall can be had. Until then, let us discuss the bad experience CF is lately without making it about you.  

21 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I'm not quoting anything in particular to distort, it's a remark towards your overall presence on the forums and in this thread. One guy says something pointing to the obvious skew towards Balance, and boom, there goes the thread. 

Your next line will be about how you wouldn't show up to counter if there had been no one to detract from you in the first place. Yes, you should be able to defend yourself, but at a certain point you need to ask yourself why all of these people have a problem with HoA and WB before an actual constructive conversation on that topic and Crowfall can be had. Until then, let us discuss the bad experience CF is lately without making it about you.  

If you don't want to make it about me, then don't tag me and jab at me personally. And "all of these people" is a short list of people whose response to losing in game is to run to the forums to distort the truth rather than doing what they have to do to fight back in game. There is nothing I need to ask myself about them, and if they think they can get me to do what they want by lying, whining, insulting, and finger-pointing, they are sorely mistaken.

1 hour ago, Samulus said:

IhhQKY6.gif

33 minutes ago, Andius said:

The easiest solution is for Balance guilds to split between Chaos and Balance, they absolutely refuse to do it, and you can't understand why the entire community is collectively shaking their heads like "Damn, they are really that scared of losing a campaign that they'd rather let the game die?"

Let’s be clear. The guilds in balance are not destroying the game. It’s not their fault people are leaving. They are however making it boring and that’s about it.

Piss poor half ***ed pve grinds, PvP systems, and non optimized client/servers created by the devs has far more to do with the dwindling population. 

Edited by oneply

Yah, as much as I think they are full of BS, there are some pretty big issues on the table for CF. They need a class balance pass.... badly. We can't accurately test the results of the gear changes because... well... everyone still has the gear.

I doubt anyone came to this game for a poor man's version of Guild Wars. I want a sandbox style pvp game and this, at the moment, is not that.