Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrat

Crowfall is not a PvP game.

23 minutes ago, Ble said:

I sent you a friend request on discord, if you'll accept I'll hit you up after siege dies down tonight and/or other nights.

Can I fight you too? Bzra#4951

16 minutes ago, Ble said:

This is a dumb conversation.  I got he % from thinking about the number it would take to overcome some silly bit of stats and backing that into a %.  It was TWENTY VERSUS EIGHT, thats not vessels, my guy.  And like I said, you don't have the information to even make that assertion.  And like I also said, now a month post wipe and people who want to be competitive at PvP are in white vessels?  Hardly.  They are also all in blue/purple vessels. 

And since its becoming clear you dont PvP much, composition is vital in small numbers.  5 no healer vs 5 healer, even in your spreadsheet that should be 100% win to group 2 given all other factors equal.

You are one passiv agressiv guy, did anyone ever tell you that.

It becomes evident to me that i found no rational discussion partner in you. You won, i won't continue down this road.

logo_v2_banner.png

1 hour ago, Jah said:

People like you have been lying about faction numbers for exactly that reason-- to keep your pride intact. You don't like to admit you've been beaten by better players and so you claim it was a zerg with unbeatable numbers.

52 minutes ago, makkon said:

5 good geared, good coordinated and with correct class setup veteran players can delete 10+ white/semi geared semi new players without any effort under guards. this is the biggest balance issue. not the numbers you are talking about all the time. numbers also matter but only if it is veteran experienced players with the same gear...

what can do 20+ with good lead you know I think. what can do those 20 with another 20 as ally you also know.

actually gear gap is abysmal. grind is crazy (for pre alpha). broken meta is mandatory (for example you like brigand but should take something else coz it is broken or underpowered). pvp without any reason with huge durability lost (which is probably dirty step from devs to remove pre fixed broken OP accessory).

grind = time. current time is not worth to be spent on.

ps. I still do not understand what ppl mean by "better player" in crowfall. I can understand it if they will talking about counter strike, darkfall and other skill based.

does "better" mean - more and longer hitting with harvesting tool? 😃

Exactly what Makkon said there. I have no clue what you meant by "better" players, and I honestly have no beef in this whole faction and guild politics going on throughout these trials. I know for a fact there's many skilled players and good shot callers in balance, I'm not denying that. But I think some of you guys may be touting your own horns a bit too much in these forums and perhaps a tad delusional as well with these comments of "better players".

Honestly it's exactly as Makkon said. Crowfall has minimal mechanical skill involved. Makkon named all the important factors: 1) build/comp; 2) shot calling coordination; 3) gear.

1 and 3 are basically things that go to whoever wants to win at all costs and no-life's the game the most. 1 also involves the players with the longest experience playing the game and the largest social circle that gives them information and knowledge as well. 

Closest thing to requiring skill CF has comes in the form of shot calling and listening to directions, but assuming both sides have equally good shot callers that don't make mistakes the whole thing is gonna be decided by who has the most meta builds and team comps first, and who has the best gear second. There's very little room for mechanical skill or individual plays in CF. 

7 minutes ago, Bzra said:

I don't think the Balance is unstoppable. I think the coordination between HOA, Winterblades and crew is fantastic (in a sense of preparation). I feel their characters are strong but their comp is complete and thorough. I agree with some of these balance guys, we need to get our act together (Chaos and Order) collectively or separate.

I know Balance hate's the Z word, but it's all about perspective. When you see 30-50 Balance coming VS a 10-20 man guild it can feel like a zergling army is coming.

Back to one of the main points though, coordination is key. What would happen if Chaos and Order started working together either in their own faction or collectively? Then our 10-15 man groups, doubled and tripped with each alliance would be more than enough to bring them down.

Let's play smarter. Let's comp better. Less pointing fingers, more shaking hands.

Sounds like work.  It’s easier to just gripe about how much better we are and not try but complain more with every loss. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

14 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

I think some of you guys may be touting your own horns a bit too much in these forums and perhaps a tad delusional as well with these comments of "better players".

Actually, it is other people saying we are so dominant that we are ruining the game and should split up. Not us.

There are a group of people who like to try to make us look bad, and make themselves look less bad, by distorting the truth. I have a tendency to reply with corrections to their posts. It isn't a fun thing to read, I admit. But I am not here to toot my own horn. I'd have said nothing in this thread if Andius hadn't used it as the latest place to spread his distortions about faction balance.

Is it delusional to observe that we have been winning? And to correct people who claim that we outnumbered them when we did not?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

Actually, it is other people saying we are so dominant that we are ruining the game and should split up. Not us.

Personally, I disagree with those who think that as well. I'm not saying a dominant faction like you guys taking over the server doesn't scare people away, I'm sure it does. No one likes losing repeatedly. But that's an issue for ACE to look at and consider and analyze and decide on what to do. Is it a game design issue? Is it possible to make it more fun for those who are losing or to make it more appealing for new comers arriving at a server with an already established dominant alliance? Players will do what they can to win, obviously. 

As someone said above, maybe with a healthy pop and several CWs to choose from this situation could probably be avoided, so it may not even be a game design issue, but rather just a temporary population one. 

33 minutes ago, Bzra said:

I don't think the Balance is unstoppable. I think the coordination between HOA, Winterblades and crew is fantastic (in a sense of preparation). I feel their characters are strong but their comp is complete and thorough. I agree with some of these balance guys, we need to get our act together (Chaos and Order) collectively or separate.

I know Balance hate's the Z word, but it's all about perspective. When you see 30-50 Balance coming VS a 10-20 man guild it can feel like a zergling army is coming.

Back to one of the main points though, coordination is key. What would happen if Chaos and Order started working together either in their own faction or collectively? Then our 10-15 man groups, doubled and tripped with each alliance would be more than enough to bring them down.

Let's play smarter. Let's comp better. Less pointing fingers, more shaking hands.

We had that couple months ago. And fights were interesting. Tho it did stink having to show up an hour early to not get locked out and waiting for leadership to decide what to do 5 min before siege starts. Then a whole bunch of guilds decided it would “help” if they all went order, leaving essentially CC to hold down chaos. And then when they realized it was dumb they wanted to “work together” but be on separate factions....sigh. And now we are left again to a handful of guilds to set aside differences and work together. 

Edited by oneply
Typos

1 hour ago, Jah said:

You are fibbing about numbers again.

Well by your own reckoning you and HoA brought 30. You said "15 each" do the math. Are you denying the rest of balance mustered 10-20 people? Because honestly I feel like that's a low estimate. Infernal was bringing some decent numbers. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

11 minutes ago, Andius said:

Well by your own reckoning you and HoA brought 30. You said "15 each" do the math. Are you denying the rest of balance mustered 10-20 people? Because honestly I feel like that's a low estimate. Infernal was bringing some decent numbers. 

You said "30 HoA/W. Infernal was at every single one of your sieges and brought a decent sized group each time" and that is just not true. You said 40-50 Balance and you have no basis for that claim. You are making it up.

In what time period are you saying Infernal was bringing decent numbers? Infernal and Clams seem rather inactive this campaign.

And I didn't say W and HoA bring 30 to every siege. I gave that number as an approximation.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Last campaign... you know the entire subject we've been debating. Everyone is in agreement the sides are lopsided now. You're disputing that they were lopsided last time and I'm calling on you on that. Precisely how isn't that true? You're the one who said 15 HoA and 15 W each so I'm going off your numbers there. Are you disputing that Infernal showed up to all your sieges with a good sized group last time because there is ample video evidence to support that claim.

Just now, Andius said:

Last campaign... you know the entire subject we've been debating. Everyone is in agreement the sides are lopsided now. You're disputing that they were lopsided last time and I'm calling on you on that. Precisely how isn't that true? You're the one who said 15 HoA and 15 W each so I'm going off your numbers there. Are you disputing that Infernal showed up to all your sieges with a good sized group last time because there is ample video evidence to support that claim.

I wasn't debating the last campaign. You are mistaken.

IhhQKY6.gif

So you had less people last campaign then you do this one?

Because otherwise, whether you're debating it or not (which I take that you are given you chose to dispute that) you've kind of admitted you did have a significant amount more people.

EDIT: Also, if you do have more people this campaign than last one while everyone has shrunk wouldn't that prove that there is a slide of players toward Balance like you said isn't true earlier? Oh what a tangled web we weave when we deceive.

Edited by Andius

5 minutes ago, Andius said:

So you had less people last campaign then you do this one?

Because otherwise, whether you're debating it or not (which I take that you are given you chose to dispute that) you've kind of admitted you did have a significant amount more people.

We have less people this campaign than we did last campaign. I have no idea what kind of point you think that makes.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Ble said:

Andius, you dont get beat by numbers.   I'd like to prove this to you, but you keep dodging my offer.

He’s never dodged an ability in his life.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, Jah said:

We have less people this campaign than we did last campaign. I have no idea what kind of point you think that makes.

Simple. 

You said 15W and 15HoA as average siege turnout. If you have that many this campaign, and you have less people this campaign that means Balance siege turnout last campaign is greater than or equal to 30 no matter which campaign you were referring to with that comment.

Infernal had decent turn out to. I gave 10-20 non-W/HoA Balance  (So Infernal and everyone else) which I feel is probably underrepresenting them but fairly easy to verify as true.

Last campaign Order consistently put out numbers in the 20s on most nights. There were even a couple really bad nights we only had like 15.

You're saying we just became outnumbered this campaign. I'm saying that doesn't math by YOUR estimations of your own forces.

I have you on ignore Ble. Ever since I proved you were lying by posting a video of fighting with login invul up when you claimed that was impossible, you've followed me around trying to start fights and not posting a single productive comment. It's sad when Mandalore gives more worthwhile comments than someone. I only know you're saying anything when you get quoted by someone. I responded to your original offer with acceptance to 1v1 you or anyone else on Balance. You declined. Not my fault. 

22 minutes ago, Andius said:

You're saying we just became outnumbered this campaign. I'm saying that doesn't math by YOUR estimations of your own forces.

I didn't say that.

When the Trials first started Chaos alone outnumbered Balance. That didn't stop some Chaos players from claiming Balance was a mega alliance that outnumbered both other factions combined. They gave ridiculous and totally fabricated numbers. I started taking screenshots of /who faction and /who zone and that quieted some but not all of them. Some kept right on lying.

You have been claiming in recent Trials that Balance outnumbered both other factions combined. That was not true. At times we probably were the largest faction, but not to the point that we outnumbered both other factions combined. In this campaign, I think it might finally be true.

You claimed in this thread that there was a "massive drift of most of the playerbase to a single faction." That is not true. People have not drifted to Balance this campaign. What happened was several guilds from both Chaos and Order went inactive and didn't show up in force to this Trial.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

8 minutes ago, Andius said:

Simple. 

You said 15W and 15HoA as average siege turnout. If you have that many this campaign, and you have less people this campaign that means Balance siege turnout last campaign is greater than or equal to 30 no matter which campaign you were referring to with that comment.

Infernal had decent turn out to. I gave 10-20 non-W/HoA Balance  (So Infernal and everyone else) which I feel is probably underrepresenting them but fairly easy to verify as true.

Last campaign Order consistently put out numbers in the 20s on most nights. There were even a couple really bad nights we only had like 15.

First of all this is CF so we use Blair Math in these parts of the internet’s.  Secondly, is this what you do?  Go from game to game losing and crying about tyrant factions/guilds touching your no no spot?  It’s exhausting reading your post.  How do you maintain whinging across multiple forums for years? You’re outnumbered (even when you’re not), out classed and out played and you want desperately want a game where you’re not at the bottom of the server.  It’s only going to get worse in the dregs.  When we can come along and take everything you own and leave you with nothing.  How many guilds will you join and watch die?   

wiDfyPp.png