Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Embargo Changes - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

With the multitude of items needed for crafting, removing local banks is going to really endear you to the crafters.    So all the mats and components sit in inventory, and if the fort/keep you hold is taken, your next login is near a random runegate.  You're asking for runegate camping to become a thing, especially the day after a keep changes hands.

Can't use the spirit bank to store mats.  Can't use local banks to store mats, can't craft in an EK due to import / export restrictions.

I support the embargo system and crafting in-world.  In heavily populated campaigns where folks can defend their home keep, it will probably work very well.  In the test environment... yeah.

Edited by Durenthal

I hope they make these world banks a pretty big storage area comparable to the spirit bank in size... People are going to have a fit if they are downgraded from the Spirit bank now to the network of local banks on a 5x5 grid we have now. 

Here's hoping they slip in a guild bank for this embargo release too while we're hoping. 

I hope "World Banks" are in keeps or other places where we craft, otherwise Crafters will hate you.

Inventory management is already a full time job without a guild bank.

Instead of this new fangled world bank.....could we have gotten guild functionality / guild bank?

Just now, blazzen said:

I imagine any location where there's currently a local bank it will become a world bank location. 

That's fine then, like I said, my only concern is being able to craft under our guild bank-less conditions.

1 minute ago, Ussiah said:

Inventory management is already a full time job without a guild bank.

Instead of this new fangled world bank.....could we have gotten guild functionality / guild bank?

Inventory management is really bad.

Spirit Banks need an auto sort.
Guild banks need to be created and given simple logging features along with rank locking/unlocking and more

Can only hope this is the start of those systems being put in place

Will worlds that have no embargo (EK, God's Reach) still have a world bank?  The article implies the spirit bank replaces the world bank there, effectively halving your storage options.

14 minutes ago, Marth said:

so use alts accounts to get max loot?

Yes the ever problem with these types of games just like multiple account to train everything.

10 minutes ago, Marth said:

Well training is one thing but if have 10 alt accounts now i get x10 more exports then someone that does not. Which makes me get x10 more loot.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty uncomfortable with how P2W this game is getting.  At this point, I'm only interested in playing a campaign with strictly zero imports/exports for that reason.  (This assuming zero import/export campaigns rain legendaries because, why not?)

They should also abolish the passive skill training, and instead make skill advancement tied to actions done during campaign (and said skill advancement can be the permanence that carries over between campaigns)

57 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Will we get a chance to try this out on the test server? It will be beneficial to evaluate bank size, fort/keep changing hands functionality.

It will be part of the 5.10 milestone, so yes, it will be on the TEST server before it goes to LIVE.

Just now, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Yeah, I'm getting pretty uncomfortable with how P2W this game is getting. 

How is the game getting P2W? They changed the way VIP/skill training works so that VIP and non-VIP train the same. 

There's nothing they can do about people having multiple accounts.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Arkade said:

How is the game getting P2W? They changed the way VIP/skill training works so that VIP and non-VIP train the same. 

There's nothing they can do about people having multiple accounts.

There are other ways to make a game P2W besides microtransactions and premium accounts.  Setting up game mechanics that greatly favor purchasing multiple accounts is another way to make a game P2W, which is what they're doing here.

Want to advance more skills? Buy more accounts.  Want to have more inventory space? Buy more accounts.  Want to import/export more stuff?  Buy more accounts.

There IS something they can do about people having multiple accounts, and that is: don't design a game where doing so gives a huge advantage.

Edited by Tiberius_Invictus

14 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

There are other ways to make a game P2W besides microtransactions and premium accounts.  Setting up game mechanics that greatly favor purchasing multiple accounts is another way to make a game P2W, which is what they're doing here.

Want to advance more skills? Buy more accounts.  Want to have more inventory space? Buy more accounts.  Want to import/export more stuff?  Buy more accounts.

There IS something they can do about people having multiple accounts, and that is: don't design a game where doing so gives a huge advantage.

Okay, re-design the game so having multiple accounts isn't an advantage. I'll wait.