Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Embargo Changes - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Okay, re-design the game so having multiple accounts isn't an advantage. I'll wait.

I mentioned how to do it.  Make skill advancement be a result of actions performed while actually playing.  Provide enough inventory space that we don't need extra mules.  Make zero import/export campaigns fun by making appropriate adjustments to duration and loot tables.

Edited by Tiberius_Invictus

3 hours ago, Arkade said:

Okay, re-design the game so having multiple accounts isn't an advantage. I'll wait.

I have several ideas that could help but there are two issues. First is multiple accounts will always provide potential advantage in most games so it isn't advantage or no advantage choice. Second is they've designed the game with alts in mind or at least built systems that reward using alts in various ways so beyond starting over or making drastic changes to multiple systems, it's pointless as I assume you know.

For me, simply requiring people to play the game and reward them appropriately would go a long way to help.

Passive training was part of an old design and while it works for what it is, could be removed or pushed into the actual active game. This would actually require time, effort, skill to progress/build a character to gain more power/advantage. They could put passive/active training on the individual characters and even connect it to Vessel quality/age and Disciplines equipped. Would make the gap shrink and even go away between new/vet players and would require playing the game, not just clicking a couple nodes in a UI once in a while.

While we only have the Trials to go by, being able to log in and play 5 min and receive the same reward as someone that played 100 hours isn't good. Hopefully these are just nice participation trophies for testers hanging in, but I hope we see a lot more come launch. Rewards can come in countless forms and I'd prefer they reflect individual/guild effort in comparison to others be it same faction or same campaign as a whole. Somewhat like the cosmetic difference for the top % but more reflected of what went on during a campaign. With the possibility of receiving no rewards, some, all, etc depending on the ruleset.

These might take alts down a notch or two as it would require someone to juggle and play multiple accounts/characters full time. Which could impact the number of rewards/goods someone has to export/import and what they are capable of doing at any given time across accounts.

I have a few accounts and if I end up playing this game, I'd like keep one or two just for crafting alts. This takes almost zero effort beyond logging in/out. All reward, not risk/cost. So much for specialization mattering.

STORAGE STRATEGY

1) get multiple accounts

2) bank it

3) lose a lot of time in micromanagement just to craft

not sure I like this news. lets see before speaking.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I like it as it was part of the original idea but with the currant grind and the amount of items now needed to craft im not sure if both are a good mix. 

Crowfall Game of the Year - Category:  Best Walking Simulater 2019.

Spirit Bank goes down, very nice. But as mentioned from other Player: Still no Guild Bank and walking the route again and again when you forget something ? Or when steps drop to a worse quality ? gl hf.

well in addition to my first comment, out guys commented this article pretty much exactly:

"sanctions of america and how ru businessmen's bypass them are looks easier than new Crowfall embargo system".

I dunno how to explain every single CF aspect to new players....

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Will there be a change in crafting table availability/locations? As in are you still planning to keep jewelcrafting the only crafting restricted to a keep? Will others be restricted?

I kind of remember Mr. Coleman saying not to long ago that open world spirit banks were a fair tool for harvesters given the lack of bags in game. Does this mean bags are coming along with, or shortly after this?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Marth said:

so use alts accounts to get max loot?

I mean, if the other accounts don't have their own junk to deal with. But this isn't anything new and they can't do anything about it. The other accounts are paying customers too. 

Edited by Navystylz

16 hours ago, Marth said:

Well training is one thing but if have 10 alt accounts now i get x10 more exports then someone that does not. Which makes me get x10 more loot.

The way I understood the text, you always have the same amount of exports, no matter how many acoounts you have - so you must decide what you want to export. Did I get that rigth?

I also was kind of hoping that some loot would stay in keeps/forts available for plundering if a group takes one.

57 minutes ago, Gahmuret said:

The way I understood the text, you always have the same amount of exports, no matter how many acoounts you have - so you must decide what you want to export. Did I get that rigth?

I also was kind of hoping that some loot would stay in keeps/forts available for plundering if a group takes one.

No if one account gets 10 exports and you have 9 alt accounts you get 100 exports. This could be mitigated by tying exports to points you gain during the campaign. 

Yep you are right. I read this, but now i realize it can only work for one account:

" Remember, too, that import and export tokens for each campaign are shared by all vessels across one account. So, if you have multiple vessels in the same campaign, make sure you keep track of the items each of them has stored when you export your items. "

5 hours ago, Marth said:

This could be mitigated by tying exports to points you gain during the campaign. 

Good idea.  Make exports something that must be earned, and therefore independent of how many accounts you spend your time in-game as.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Good idea.  Make exports something that must be earned, and therefore independent of how many accounts you spend your time in-game as.

This brings us back to point disparity between play styles. DPS classes get kills, utility and healers do not. Craftsmen get crafting points, harvesters do not. Whack-a-mole circle standers get caps, defenders do not. Scouts get... We like scouts.

Ranking players for real rewards in an MMO that requires diversity will not take us to places we want to go.

Edited by VaMei

3 hours ago, VaMei said:

This brings us back to point disparity between play styles.

Ranking players for real rewards in an MMO that requires diversity will not take us to places we want to go.

Unless devs actually get creative and reward all (most) styles of play that have something to measure.

1 hour ago, nenju said:

does this mean u working on inventory system soon?

As far is i understood them in the last stream they had, banking is one of the things they are actually working on for some time.

logo_v2_banner.png

4 hours ago, APE said:

Unless devs actually get creative and reward all (most) styles of play that have something to measure.

This just screams for a point farming exploit meta.

But there is one minority that really needs to be tied in better, support classes on scores. But that's hard because you got so many self sufficent classes that can selfheal.

There needs to be a really intelligent creative approache to tackle stuff like that.

logo_v2_banner.png

14 hours ago, gerrylix said:

This just screams for a point farming exploit meta.

But there is one minority that really needs to be tied in better, support classes on scores. But that's hard because you got so many self sufficent classes that can selfheal.

There needs to be a really intelligent creative approache to tackle stuff like that.

I don't disagree that it can't be exploited but systems can be built with this in mind. Diminishing returns, time restrictions, location, in-combat/out-combat. Not easy obviously, but other games have attempted various options. If campaigns are going to potentially last weeks/months, they'll need a way to reward players appropriately. If I can just swoop in last day to the winning faction and get the same rewards as people that have been playing every day, that will be an issue. I hold devs/studios responsible for figuring out the issues that their systems create. If they can't find a solution, shouldn't have made the problem. We are paying them to make a fun and functioning product.