Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sarevok.Anchev

State of the Class - Champion

Hello fellow Champions!

It's been a while since I played Crowfall and was curious on the state of the class so far.  Is the champion turning out to be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield or are they just a nuisance most other classes can handle? Can champions wear plate armor and pack a two-handed sword or are they still limited to axes and maces?

Thanks!

1) Axes + Maces

2) Plate only as Pit Fighter

3) You most likely use a Mace as Pitfighter because of the Bonus

4) Survivability on Pit Fighter is really well with close to 0 downtime when doing NPC's

5) PVP wise i am leaning more towards myrmidon in comparison

logo_v2_banner.png

On 5/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, gerrylix said:

1) Axes + Maces

2) Plate only as Pit Fighter

3) You most likely use a Mace as Pitfighter because of the Bonus

4) Survivability on Pit Fighter is really well with close to 0 downtime when doing NPC's

5) PVP wise i am leaning more towards myrmidon in comparison

Thanks for the info! I'm shocked the class is restricted to 2h maces and axes only. The myrmidon dual wields weapons only correct? Or can they also use 2h weapons?

2 minutes ago, Sarevok.Anchev said:

Thanks for the info! I'm shocked the class is restricted to 2h maces and axes only. The myrmidon dual wields weapons only correct? Or can they also use 2h weapons?

Myrmidon is locked to 1h dual wield, well ofc you could equip shield bearer disciplin and wear a shield i guess. Not sure on the current state of shield bearer.

logo_v2_banner.png

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 1:10 PM, Sarevok.Anchev said:

Hello fellow Champions!

It's been a while since I played Crowfall and was curious on the state of the class so far.  Is the champion turning out to be a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield or are they just a nuisance most other classes can handle? Can champions wear plate armor and pack a two-handed sword or are they still limited to axes and maces?

Thanks!

Champions are a top tier class because of their ultimate (neckbreaker). I believe multiple champions stacking neckbreakers is the fastest way in the game to kill someone, and if not, it's not off by far. Generally the combo is a centaur will run in, use their racial skill that breaks armor then slam down their neckbreaker.

I've heard neckbreaker is due to be nerfed. But I don't have any more reliable source for that info other than "word on the street is".

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 4:21 PM, Andius said:

Champions are a top tier class because of their ultimate (neckbreaker). I believe multiple champions stacking neckbreakers is the fastest way in the game to kill someone, and if not, it's not off by far. Generally the combo is a centaur will run in, use their racial skill that breaks armor then slam down their neckbreaker.

I've heard neckbreaker is due to be nerfed. But I don't have any more reliable source for that info other than "word on the street is".

Yeah, take it from Andius, he knows first hand what it feels like to be called out, focused, obliterated with neckbreakers, and left in the dust while his allies run for their lives.  I can show you a video of this if it would help.

Edited by Ble