Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gerrylix

Members and Information drought

Posted (edited)

How are we supposed to have a healthy community?

I got pretty good guild members that have played with me since we opened our guild on the start of the trials of illara, with dayli uptimes of everyone and everyone was very enthusiastic.

The month started out with news from the devs about 5.9 being tested on testservers and we followed, gave the feedback that it's riddled with bugs and nobody ever thought this mess would be released to live servers. We were promised a mug for using the testservers and helping in ironing out the rough corners of the build and everyone thought "I can live with 5.8.6 until 5.9 is really ready and give my constructive feedback from the testservers". We were all ready to run on live and test on the testservers at the same time.

Now we feel let down, we feel disappointed and now i will as the last online member in my guild shut down the lights because only the "inner test circle" gets news and we peasents have to endure a month of silence. Some sparse info about the embargo system does not change how left alone we feel.

I am seeing games in alpha like fractured, seeing their detailed news on every patch, active community managers and i am thinking:

"ACE you can do that to, your team is way bigger then 8 men?"

This is not a rent anymore, this is just a sad story about players left in the dark cold night without any real direction or info on how things are going. As every last member of my guild said before they slowly one after another went into the Crowfall Break: "There is 0 fun left!"

Edited by gerrylix

logo_v2_banner.png

29 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

How are we supposed to have a healthy community?

I got pretty good guild members that have played with me since we opened our guild on the start of the trials of illara, with dayli uptimes of everyone and everyone was very enthusiastic.

The month started out with news from the devs about 5.9 being tested on testservers and we followed, gave the feedback that it's riddled with bugs and nobody ever thought this mess would be released to live servers. We were promised a mug for using the testservers and helping in ironing out the rough corners of the build and everyone thought "I can live with 5.8.6 until 5.9 is really ready and give my constructive feedback from the testservers". We were all ready to run on live and test on the testservers at the same time.

Now we feel let down, we feel disappointed and now i will as the last online member in my guild shut down the lights because only the "inner test circle" gets news and we peasents have to endure a month of silence. Some sparse info about the embargo system does not change how left alone we feel.

I am seeing games in alpha like fractured, seeing their detailed news on every patch, active community managers and i am thinking:

"ACE you can do that to, your team is way bigger then 8 men?"

This is not a rent anymore, this is just a sad story about players left in the dark cold night without any real direction or info on how things are going. As every last member of my guild said before they slowly one after another went into the Crowfall Break: "There is 0 fun left!"

0 fun left 😕

34 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

Seek and ye shall find. 

https://www.mmorpg.com/crowfall/columns/crowfall-industry-day-1000013678

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, blazzen said:

<shamelessplug>

Looks like I may be needing to do some major updates to my gathering guide and crafting guide when these changes hit.

</shamelessplug>

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

20 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I am asking for a devblog, more in depth patchnotes and more frequent and in depth communication from the devs. This is just the usual advertisement without any real info on anything.

logo_v2_banner.png

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

Pro: Refineries sound absolutely awesome! If the POIs -> caravan -> fort loop allow you to get rare materials at a similar rate as harvesting does, that'd open up a lot of gameplay possibilities for PVPers that hate hitting on rocks, while still leaving harvesting as an option if you're solo-duo at any given time and unable to defend a caravan and fort with a larger group/guild. 

Con: More RNG drops on war tribes, lmfao! C'mon guys, this is not a looter game, the combat or enemy AI are just not fun enough for a pve grind over rare drops. 

19 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

Con: More RNG drops on war tribes, lmfao! C'mon guys, this is not a looter game, the combat or enemy AI are just not fun enough for a pve grind over rare drops. 

They are meant to provide points of conflict. If the Urgu raid boss is the only one that drops the goggles, and that boss only spawns at certain times, players will fight over who gets the loot. 

In the current implementation, the drops aren't necessarily focused enough and the population isn't large enough to support this type of game play, but that doesn't mean the idea itself is bad.

Everything we do in this game is PvE leading to PvP. Keep sieges are PvE activities. You tear down walls, kill NPC guards and destroy trees. It becomes PvP when the other side shows up to defend it. The same will be true of caravans. All you're doing is grabbing materials and transporting them from one point on the map to another. PvP happens when someone comes along to take those materials from you.

Not only will war tribes provide points of conflict, but they will also provide needed items for the economy. Again, this is a population issue. If more people were playing, there would be more stuff being sold and less need to depend on RNG for a specific item.

Posted (edited)

@Arkade - I don't think some need to farm in PVE hotspots is bad. I think the problem is the fact that we have a small chance to get a drop on something we need such as a specific minor (Demons Pact etc.) or Goggles.

That one person can go there, receive the blessings of RNGesus and walk away with what they need minutes later,  and another person can go there farm for hours, and not receive what they need. The time to farm a specific item should be roughly equivalent for everyone.

That's why some of us are saying they should for instance drop "minor shards" and every X minor shards allow you to create a minor of your choice.

This keeps the need to farm out in the world, but greatly reduces the random variability in effort vs. output.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

5 minutes ago, Arkade said:

They are meant to provide points of conflict. If the Urgu raid boss is the only one that drops the goggles, and that boss only spawns at certain times, players will fight over who gets the loot. 

In the current implementation, the drops aren't necessarily focused enough and the population isn't large enough to support this type of game play, but that doesn't mean the idea itself is bad.

Everything we do in this game is PvE leading to PvP. Keep sieges are PvE activities. You tear down walls, kill NPC guards and destroy trees. It becomes PvP when the other side shows up to defend it. The same will be true of caravans. All you're doing is grabbing materials and transporting them from one point on the map to another. PvP happens when someone comes along to take those materials from you.

Not only will war tribes provide points of conflict, but they will also provide needed items for the economy. Again, this is a population issue. If more people were playing, there would be more stuff being sold and less need to depend on RNG for a specific item.

Basically what Andius said. There's a difference between picking up some items from a POI's chest or hitting the ToL for a couple minutes at most (you don't need to kill the guards) of an undefended keep and having an abysmal RNG drop chance on a mob. That's what looter games do, like Diablo or Warframe. Except those are pve games with fun and engaging combat systems. The point of those games is fighting mobs all day to accumulate loot. 

22 minutes ago, Andius said:

@Arkade - I don't think some need to farm in PVE hotspots is bad. I think the problem is the fact that we have a small chance to get a drop on something we need such as a specific minor (Demons Pact etc.) or Goggles.

That one person can go there, receive the blessings of RNGesus and walk away with what they need minutes later,  and another person can go there farm for hours, and not receive what they need. The time to farm a specific item should be roughly equivalent for everyone.

That's why some of us are saying they should for instance drop "minor shards" and every X minor shards allow you to create a minor of your choice.

This keeps the need to farm out in the world, but greatly reduces the random variability in effort vs. output.

I like your idea but the "minor shard" drop should still be a pretty rare drop imo. If it becomes to easy to obtain the PoI will become barren of activity because at a certain point you wont need to be there anymore.  Obviously eventually that will happen anyways but the longer you can stretch that out and keep conflict the better.

19 minutes ago, Andius said:

And that's a fair criticism, but at the same time, it will be somewhat mitigated by having a larger population.

For example, I've gotten 3 runemaking techniques discs from killing elites and captains. One I put on my runemaker, one I'm saving for when I get a new vessel for my runemaker, and the 3rd I will trade for what I need.

Increase the population and let the economy do the work. Sure, maybe some things need to be easier to get, like the goggles, or the tools to apply hunger shards. There are definitely some rough edges. It will get worked out over time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rikutatis said:

Pro: Refineries sound absolutely awesome! If the POIs -> caravan -> fort loop allow you to get rare materials at a similar rate as harvesting does, that'd open up a lot of gameplay possibilities for PVPers that hate hitting on rocks, while still leaving harvesting as an option if you're solo-duo at any given time and unable to defend a caravan and fort with a larger group/guild. 

Completely agree with first paragraph that's EXACTLY what I'm hoping for with PoI's.

If it takes 5 people 30 minutes to do a PoI run on a Rank 10 Mine then I think it should yield the same amount/quality of ore, gems, etc. as 5 people hitting Rank 10 nodes for 30 minutes. As long as it's roughly equal time/effort to harvesting then it doesn't devalue harvesters but gives a way for people who don't like to hit rocks to get resources by doing something else that they do like. 

If it takes 5 people all with pack pigs to have enough space to haul all of the PoI materials then that could actually allow untrained people to assist in resource gathering assuming that carvans/pack pigs aren't gated behind training. 

A hidden benefit to these PoI's is that I think it will pull wolves towards caravan runs and attacking caravans which should make the "sheep" who enjoy harvesting just a little bit safer. That will be important with the embargo coming online which means no more spirit banking anywhere. 

RE: the CON, I'm wondering if the war tribe stuff is old info and he's talking about the drops that are already in place. 

Edited by blazzen

10 hours ago, dreaden said:

They've had x2 news drops a week(sometimes a 3rd founders update on wednesdays) since 2015. Lately they've kinda fallen behind on juicy news bits but overall ACE has had excellent communication with us.

They do keep to a schedule but new details and news is a bit lacking. Would be nice to have some sort of feature list with current state of development or what major targets are currently (not a time line).

Maybe it's the current state of development or just simply communication handled differently, but other games in development now or in the past have provided more insight IMO. Although in general this area is always a let down as devs don't have time nor do they need to do a minute by minute run down of their day that some believe is needed.

Also, how do we not have a Dev Tracker after it went away so long ago? Maybe having a private forum only for the high rollers keeps this from being a thing, but come on...

11 hours ago, Arkade said:

They are meant to provide points of conflict. If the Urgu raid boss is the only one that drops the goggles, and that boss only spawns at certain times, players will fight over who gets the loot

Yeah, conflict with your own allies that sweep in at the end and steal your loot. There's no pvp if every faction has it's own adventure zone, providing every ressource.

3 hours ago, Glitchhiker said:

Yeah, conflict with your own allies that sweep in at the end and steal your loot. There's no pvp if every faction has it's own adventure zone, providing every ressource.

Thats a faction issue that does need to be fixed. Loot should be limited to who does the most damage.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Glitchhiker said:

14 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Thats a faction issue that does need to be fixed. Loot should be limited to who does the most damage.

Yes this drives me nuts. This is one of those times I wish there was a flagging system. Allow me to become an enemy of all and kill the thieving *******. 

I have a list, when they switch factions or dregs comes they will pay Muhaha 

Edited by oneply
Typo

Posted (edited)

Exactly, I can’t wait to slaughter all the nerds who think they can have resources without my permission.  #dregslife

Take @Andius for example.  On Dreggs, if he plays it.  I will destroy anyone he allies with and everything he builds. Can’t wait.

Edited by Ble

3 hours ago, Ble said:

Exactly, I can’t wait to slaughter all the nerds who think they can have resources without my permission.  #dregslife

Take @Andius for example.  On Dreggs, if he plays it.  I will destroy anyone he allies with and everything he builds. Can’t wait.

please sir, may i have some slag 

pic4.png