Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ambition

How satisfying do you find duelist to play right now?

Hi guys, I have been following the development recently and I wanted to get your opinions on what you like and what you don't like about playing the duelist and is there anything you feel is lacking from the kit.

Nothing is really lacking to be honest, all you feel you need, you can fill those gaps through disciplines.

Slayer is a very fun playstyle, super mobile and high dmg/control, though pretty squishy.

Vanguard Scout is the least played build, and I have yet to find a reason to pick that promotion over the 2 others.

Dirge is the tanky version, you will be able to wear plate while still using 2x pistols, but you ofcourse lose some damage.

Dirge is also the promotion if you want to go melee Duelist.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

9 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Only issue is impale right now "missing".

Yes,I forgot about this, it feels like the hitbox for impale is either very small, or just not registering sometimes.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Slayer is incredibly satisfying to play right now. You can run around the world and solo gank successfully, and Slayer is very viable in group PvP with good damage and mobility with some utility CC.

I like both Slayer and Dirge right now.  The Slayer, in meta scenario falls shortly behind the ranger or brigand for me simply because he's a bit more monotonic in that he pretty much has only PB as his utility play.  The saving grace is that the PB is an incredibly long ranged ability due to how it works and its up so often.

The Slayer offensive ult in confined areas is very very good.

Dirge has high damage potential with Impale, especially if you have good gear and proper discs.  He's got great survivability (Plate, HP talents, Healing RP, stealth) and he can go double pistol in those situations where he just can't stay in and fight and be a less damage version of what Slayer does in large fights (FL, Auto + PB).

The main problem with Dirge is, as others have mentioned, Impale not working.  I've had to hit Redirect Pain a few times lately as well.  And those are two very structural issues with the class that @thomasblair hasn't been able to fix.

I think dirge needs a 3rd weapon slot, much like rangers so they can switch between melee and ranged (dual pistol vs rapier/pistol) more easily.

Duelists are very hard to lock down, and when you finally get to them you're greeted with an Ult in the face only to have all their escape/disc abilities back off cooldown when they reappear.  They can use this to their advantage but it also requires more situational focus on the part of the Duelist.  If you can maintain this situational awareness and not get "caught out" then you'll do great.  If you don't, you'll be an easy kill.

Watch @Yumx video in the Maeve forum section for pretty much a text-book Slayer how-to.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, Ble said:

The main problem with Dirge is, as others have mentioned, Impale not working.  I've had to hit Redirect Pain a few times lately as well.  And those are two very structural issues with the class that @thomasblair hasn't been able to fix.

Considering that it’s not on the Known Issues list, I question whether or not they consider it an issue. And therefore whether it’s being fixed/addressed. The movement controller update made it worse than it was before. 

3 hours ago, oneply said:

Considering that it’s not on the Known Issues list, I question whether or not they consider it an issue. And therefore whether it’s being fixed/addressed. The movement controller update made it worse than it was before. 

No telling... I have no idea whats going on with this dev team.   Theres no valuable communication as pertains to changes being made to fix stuff.  They don't do change logs or anything.  They only seem interested in adding the next thing.  It's called "Managing by Milestone" where they are trying to hit some planned internal roadmap regardless of if they are ready for it or not.