Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
binny45

What would it take to get you playing again?

1 hour ago, Kreigon said:

- reduce grind to become relevant in PvP ( to much powercreep in crafting !!! )

Too many people have the wrong misconception. Gear is not this huge power curve. I was in commons, made by a guildie that had been playing for about 2-3 weeks, during a 3 faction fight with no healer. I didn’t die or struggle to do damage.

the power curve lies in the time locked gate of passive training. The combat tree gives way too much of a bonus in late stages. This is the difference many people think is gear but it’s just time in the game.

Don’t get me wrong when I first started playing I thought it was all about the gear too. But fact is that it’s a small fraction compared to the passive bonuses. Passive combat training either needs a massive rework or to be scrubbed and let the gear be the sole power curve. 

2 hours ago, Kreigon said:

- add water into the world ( i know u hate it but it does so much for game-immersion!!!)

This right here.  whether the dev likes or dislikes water is not important.  you are not creating a game for you (hopefully) you are creating a game for us and many of us love water and would love to see it in the world.  Hell, water is the building blocks of all life so you bet your bottom you would find water in these worlds and to leave it out because "you" dislike it is sad.  Its almost as sad as the statement that Hide is a bonus for killing things.   Out of touch much???????

I am part of a large established guild with hundreds of players.

there are TWO of us who play regularly and the 5 that log on maybe once a week.

Why--

Bait and switch-- too much pve and grind, not enough pvp.

What is the most important flaw?

Gating character progress behind RNG drops.

I own a membership based business-- Progress leads to interest leads to retention.

No one is making progress, if they cant improve their vessel, or their gear without a rare drop item.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Posted (edited)

1. Most important for me at least is to minimize the gear and vessel stats so the pvp becomes (more) skill oriented (nerf to gear and vessels basically)

2. fix the FPS issues when more than 5 players are close to each other, again this revolves around fixing the pvp more than anything (sieges will actually be fun) 

3. somehow force more open world PVP in to the game, so the game don't have to rely on "timers" for PvP

4. Reward open world kills more generally and especially in the faction score, this will allow small groups/guilds to become more viable by acting as a mercenary-like group that supports their faction with open world kills, and as a second benefit to their faction, these open world killing groups are slowing down the gathering etc of the opposite faction. 

5. The high decay rate on gear should be adjusted/lowered so you spend less time gathering/crafting  but more time fighting/pvp

6. Make a 1v1-5v5 arena where gear stats is made completly equal once you enter. That way you will have a place to truly test your individual pvp skill. 

Edited by PinkFluffyPanda

I don't think I'm really going to play Crowfall like a released game until it's a released game (which basically means when they stop wiping). I'm still confident they'll get the remaining core features in by release to make this a great game (PoI Refineries, Caravans, Factories, Frostweaver, Dregs with Free Building) and put the necessary polish on it (Balance and Performance). 

Ironically, I think what would entice me to test more than I currently do would be a full (including passive training) wipe along with some new features/content.

While 5.90 offered some very necessary tweaks to existing systems (Client Controller, Fort Windows, Death Mechanic) it didn't really include any new juicy content coupled with the fact that new people would be very behind in training if they're just starting out because there was no wipe. 

There has always been ebbs and flows to Crowfall's Pre-Alpha testing population. Hopefully 5.100 will bring a lot more activity back to the game.  

I think Faction Campaigns were a mistake. Almost everyone in the MMO-verse has played a Realm vs. Realm or Faction vs. Faction PvP game. This game mode isn't novel or interesting to anyone, it's just a half-way point to the features we're all really attracted to: Guild vs. Guild, city building/sieging and player politics. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

14 minutes ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

This right here.  whether the dev likes or dislikes water is not important.  you are not creating a game for you (hopefully) you are creating a game for us and many of us love water and would love to see it in the world.  Hell, water is the building blocks of all life so you bet your bottom you would find water in these worlds and to leave it out because "you" dislike it is sad.  Its almost as sad as the statement that Hide is a bonus for killing things.   Out of touch much???????

I think you missed the point of them disliking water. Implementing something that looks like water isn't hard. Making it behave like water is a challenge. Plus, more often than not in MMOs, it's just there to look pretty. Doing a lot of hard work just for something that looks pretty isn't as high a priority as, say, having caravans that follow a player. They're both (relatively) hard to do, but one adds gameplay value. I'm not saying this is the calculus the devs do when they decide what to work on, but it gives an idea on how they likely do it

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I think you missed the point of them disliking water. Implementing something that looks like water isn't hard. Making it behave like water is a challenge. Plus, more often than not in MMOs, it's just there to look pretty. Doing a lot of hard work just for something that looks pretty isn't as high a priority as, say, having caravans that follow a player. They're both (relatively) hard to do, but one adds gameplay value. I'm not saying this is the calculus the devs do when they decide what to work on, but it gives an idea on how they likely do it

@Kianna_RuneMaker water is a cosmetic fluff that takes a lot of work for very little game effect.  Let them do the major components of the game and then they can do some lame ass pirate water expansion later. 

Tldr; coolster is right. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

28 minutes ago, soulein said:

I think Faction Campaigns were a mistake. Almost everyone in the MMO-verse has played a Realm vs. Realm or Faction vs. Faction PvP game. This game mode isn't novel or interesting to anyone, it's just a half-way point to the features we're all really attracted to: Guild vs. Guild, city building/sieging and player politics. 

This.

Also the freedom for players to build their castles and assets in the campaign world wherever they want and the possibility of loosing those as the result of an enemy siege. 

4 hours ago, soulein said:

Doubt enough would bother testing factions if Dregs came first or were available at the same time. Afraid they might just copy/paste the faction model, replace faction claiming with guilds, and maybe let guilds build their own strongholds. If that is all this game is going to be, not going to be many showing up besides the few that want to relive a sliver in time when SB was their jam.

I like RvR/Faction games along with GvG, but I had hoped ACE would at least try to be original. There is really nothing out of the ordinary and if anything, quite a lot is missing compared to other faction designs. Camelot Unchained is coming and is likely going to do it quite a bit better. Simply having Factions as an option to Dregs could be enough to draw some in, but I'm doubtful.

5 hours ago, Staff said:

i think if the devs would stop making a game they think is cool and instead start making a game we think is cool would be a good change

lol, all the collective 'we' need to do is figure out what we can agree that we want. I haven't seen a We Want This thread in a while that didn't end up with people going in a dozen conflicting directions.

23 minutes ago, VaMei said:

lol, all the collective 'we' need to do is figure out what we can agree that we want. I haven't seen a We Want This thread in a while that didn't end up with people going in a dozen conflicting directions.

pretty sure anyone advocating for this much pve missed the part where its supposed to be a pvp game, i think we can all agree on that much

If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

9 minutes ago, VaMei said:

True to a point, but I don't see many praising ACE for some of the things they've been doing (or not). Even the more "rainbows and sunshine" fans seem fairly on board with the overall critical views or at least are indifferent which might be worse.

Posted (edited)

At this point, I don't see myself logging in to test/play beyond the occasional check to see what has changed on Test and or to train just because that's what ya gotta do...

Each update swings the game design towards something I wasn't expecting nor enjoy so putting in hours of my free time, especially something that will be wiped, is pointless currently.

The grindy RNG nature of things is not for me, PVP lacks content/diversity/meaning, PVE is not challenging, ganking is not rewarding, timers are limiting, character building is very gear dependent which is RNG/Grind dependent, stale options within char building as more has been removed then added since the model change. Same campaign ruleset each trial with fairly similar results.

For me communication is big. It doesn't require devs actually creating or doing anything for in-game. It can be a few minutes here and there typed/recorded. Seems like they have people that this is or at least part of their role. War Stories are okay fluff, but I'd rather have some substance.

Dev Tracker - Why is such a basic feature missing? A couple devs have been making effort to get into some discussions, but who knows who/when/where? I visit a couple other games sites less frequently and just look at what devs have been posting (or not). Takes the guess work out. High roller forum might make this an issue, but the split community communication seems odd to begin with, paying more gives some a louder voice? Gotta love the power of money. Would be one thing if there were hundreds/thousands, but how many actually post/test at this point?

Status Update - Alpha, missing features, QOL improvements, updates to current systems, etc. To be fair they do give some details either in the weekly updates or streams, but the detail and amount could be a great deal more without giving hard time lines or promising the moon. Ex: "How are mount models coming along?" - Players "We haven't started them yet." - Ace. Takes a few seconds to type or say.

Simply having a WIP list would be nice. No timeline needed. Seems we hear about things when they are ready or a step away, beyond that there is little to no transparency to what is happening.

Still have some hope, but it's made mostly out of blind faith at this point. Gave them some money and time, now I wait. In the meantime I play and give money to other companies.

Edited by APE

6 hours ago, soulein said:

This. Dregs and eks are what the games unique. They are also features that use the same tech. Going a faction vs faction when every other mmo offers it I don't think was a good choice. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, APE said:

At this point, I don't see myself logging in to test/play beyond the occasional check to see what has changed on Test and or to train just because that's what ya gotta do...

Each update swings the game design towards something I wasn't expecting nor enjoy so putting in hours of my free time, especially something that will be wiped, is pointless currently.

The grindy RNG nature of things is not for me, PVP lacks content/diversity/meaning, PVE is not challenging, ganking is not rewarding, timers are limiting, character building is very gear dependent which is RNG/Grind dependent, stale options within char building as more has been removed then added since the model change. Same campaign ruleset each trial with fairly similar results.

For me communication is big. It doesn't require devs actually creating or doing anything for in-game. It can be a few minutes here and there typed/recorded. Seems like they have people that this is or at least part of their role. War Stories are okay fluff, but I'd rather have some substance.

Dev Tracker - Why is such a basic feature missing? A couple devs have been making effort to get into some discussions, but who knows who/when/where? I visit a couple other games sites less frequently and just look at what devs have been posting (or not). Takes the guess work out. High roller forum might make this an issue, but the split community communication seems odd to begin with, paying more gives some a louder voice? Gotta love the power of money. Would be one thing if there were hundreds/thousands, but how many actually post/test at this point?

Status Update - Alpha, missing features, QOL improvements, updates to current systems, etc. To be fair they do give some details either in the weekly updates or streams, but the detail and amount could be a great deal more without giving hard time lines or promising the moon. Ex: "How are mount models coming along?" - Players "We haven't started them yet." - Ace. Takes a few seconds to type or say.

Simply having a WIP list would be nice. No timeline needed. Seems we hear about things when they are ready or a step away, beyond that there is little to no transparency to what is happening.

Still have some hope, but it's made mostly out of blind faith at this point. Gave them some money and time, now I wait. In the meantime I play and give money to other companies.

This as well. Communication seems lacking atm and it makes it hard to be hyped about anything cf atm. 

Edited by Marth

45 minutes ago, APE said:

Perhaps a dynamic roadmap that is regularly updated utilizing Trello? At least the community would be able to see progress on current and upcoming features to give a sense of reward for waiting :)

P.S. I had almost forgotten about the game until an email recently which reminded me to have a look how the game is going. 

what will bring me back:

1) ppl who I am play with (once they thing it is worth to return) and new players. empty servers or fighting again and again the same groups is boring.

2) fix on connect stability. fix on random unable to login, fix on random drop from server.

3) fix for poor realisation of core futures like party, UI, respawn system, leaderboard  and such. It is really boring to see temporarily realisation for years. so embarrassing to show such futures to buyers.

4) more pvp reasons and less pve

5) if they will start balancing worth of items. what is currency and for what it is as example.

6) if they will start to listening ppl what is wrong faster (2k cap for support power is the best example)

7) maps is empty.

8. fix for inventory and banks.

any aspect of the game you will take a look will have really poor realisation or too many flaws. 3 month or so until alpha - I do not believe.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

3 hours ago, APE said:

Camelot Unchained is coming and is likely going to do it quite a bit better.

Thanks for the recommendation! I need to start following this game as well.