Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
binny45

What would it take to get you playing again?

I am just new this game , what I have noticed that developers┬áfocus on Team fight and Campaign which is not daily things to do in the game it is season activities. I would like developer to keep attention in improving the game in wide range. in brief, most players or all of them will start gathering or even crafting, so need to improve pve contents and add many activities like killing boss right now or farm camp for xp or gold­čÖä┬á

McTan good points and always good to see someone with "common sense".

Anyhow, game needs a TON of work or yea..this wont work.

Wrain

Edited by Pann
See PM

On 6/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, APE said:

Something more like Darkness Falls from DAoC. Totally lock out good PVE content until XYZ conditions are met.

They could do that - make an R9-R10 map zone that you can't access until you capture an Objective that opens the runegate. That's the kind of stuff I expect to see happen with Campaign variations later on.

tiPrpwh.png

3 hours ago, Wrain said:

Jah on the other hand....well I just dont respond to people who fail at basic reasoning or reading comprehension.

You complained about the grind but suggested mobs with rare drops to attract pvp. I don't actually disagree with that wish, but you don't see the possible contradiction? Killing mobs for rare drops is exactly the sort of thing some people are railing against as a grind. I'm not, but people are.

I think you and McTan read more judgement into that observation than was there.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

I've been lurking for a while ever since quite a few versions ago and the realization that Crowfall would probably never be "the game". As each current crowd-funded MMORPG continues to stray further from their original promises/visions/goals, I don't imagine the MMORPG scene will be looking all that great in 5 years (the lion's share of upcoming MMORPGs that aren't instead curated smaller hybrids like looter shooters/mobas/royales are crowd-funded).

When they first added the leveling camp hogwash, I complained, and loudly, because I'm not interested in playing a PvP game for joy of instead getting incredibly uninspired PvE just to earn the "right" to PvP. Before that, I complained about how annoying it was to have to depend on crafters or crafting to pretty much do anything (though I understand it was a symptom of the testing environment, I noted this should never exist as a possibility, old craft or die games be damned), and was ridiculed for that (a dev even poked at me). They're ironically addressing that very issue now with randamo loot, which is a good sign, I guess, but I'm not sure about how they're going about it...

Anyway, what will it take to bring me back? We can start with a game that's actually fun to play... I want to PvP. I don't want to play ghetto Minecraft for 10 hours and then go suck a crafter's schlong for gear just to lose it after one hour of fun. The more steps between me logging in and PvPing, the less likely I am to play. Right now it's pretty bad. The grind may not be the worst I've encountered (I've played EQ and FFXI for years), but it's just as terrible in terms of quality. It's not fun. You have to "take it in rear" to be able to do what you want eventually, which is toxic MMORPG design we should be trying to fix and not encourage.

I get the problem of nuances and complexity, i.e. economy, meaningful crafting, ect, and know it's not going to be easy to fix, but eh it's simple enough for me. If I have to grind extensively/constantly or spend a lot of time before I actually get to PvP, then I just won't play the game and neither will tons of PvP fans probably. PvErs won't have much reason to fill in the gap because frankly the game's PvE is god awful in every way and pales against pretty much any other game.

So my friends and I are in the same boat as the OP's friends. We have a ton of terrific games coming out this year and next, and some new COOP games to try and a few upcoming PvP forays, so I've little reason to waste my time on a game that claims to be a PvP game but is dressing itself more and more like a PvE game with side PvP content, even if that PvP content, when it works and is actually present, is much better than most.

I've pretty much given up on MMORPGs though so my hopefulness here is pretty wistful, and doubt that either Crowfall or Camelot are going to be the ones to offer us a good alternative to symmetrical sports-like PvP games (team/hero shooters, MOBAs). Might just need battle royales to merge with a better take on Mordhau or something, I don't know.

Edited by Nightmarian
Typos, clarity.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:49 AM, Nightmarian said:

I've been lurking for a while ever since┬áquite a few versions ago and the realization that Crowfall would probably never be "the game". As each current crowd-funded MMORPG continues to stray further from their┬áoriginal promises/visions/goals, I don't imagine the MMORPG scene will be looking all that great in 5 years (the lion's share of upcoming MMORPGs that aren't instead curated smaller┬áhybrid´╗┐s like looter shooters/mobas/royales are crowd-funded).

When they first added the leveling camp hogwash, I complained, and loudly, because I'm not interested in playing a PvP game for joy of instead getting┬áincredibly uninspired PvE just to earn the "right" to PvP. Before that, ´╗┐I ´╗┐c´╗┐omplained about h´╗┐ow annoying ´╗┐it was to have to depend o´╗┐n crafters or crafting to pretty much do anything (though I understand it was a symptom of the testing environment, I noted this should never exist as a possibility, old craft or die games be damned), and was ridiculed for that (a dev even poked at me). They're ironically addressing that very issue┬ánow with randamo loot, which is a good sign, I guess, but I'm not sure about how they're going about it...

Anyway, what will it take to bring me bac´╗┐k? We can star´╗┐t with a g´╗┐am´╗┐e that's actually fun to play... I want to PvP. I don't want to play ghetto Minecraft for 10 hours and then go suck a crafter's schlong for gear just to lose it after one hour of fun. The more steps between me logging in and PvPing, the less likely I am to play. Right now it's pretty bad. The grind may not be the worst I've encountered (I've played EQ and FFXI for years), but it's just as terrible in terms of quality. It's not fun. You have to "take it in rear" to be able to do what you want eventually, which is toxic MMORPG design we should be trying to fix and not encourage.

I get the problem of nuances and complexity, i.e. economy, meaningful crafting, ect, and know it's not going to be easy to fix, but eh it's simple enough for me. If I have to grind extensively/constantly or spend a lot of time before I actually get to PvP, then I just won't play the game and neither will tons of PvP fans probably. PvErs won't have much reason to fill in the gap because frankly the game's PvE is god awful in every way and pales against pretty much any other game.

So my friends and I are in the same boat as the OP's friends. We have a ton of terrific games coming out this year and next, and some new COOP games to try and a few upcoming PvP forays, so I've little reason to waste my time on a game that claims to be a PvP game but is dressing itself more and more like a PvE game with side PvP content, even if that PvP content, when it works and is actually present, is much better than most.

I've pretty much given up on MMORPGs though so my hopefulness here is pretty wistful, and doubt that either Crowfall or Camelot are going to be the ones to offe´╗┐r us a good alternative to symmetrical┬ásports-like PvP games (team/hero shooters, MOBAs). Might just need battle royales to merge with a better take on Mordhau or something, I don't know.

i agree, the PvP and PvE aspects (excluding crafting) is way below avarage compared to the current gamingmarket. I mean organic world-PvP is never happening to me and i don't want to roam around the world for hours looking around for fights to get rofl-stomped by a group of 5+ players. About the boring openworld-design, i don't need to talk because it speaks for itself and the AI and moveset of NPC-monsters are just very bad and never challenging. If i want good PvP without waiting time i play Mordhau, if i want good PvE i play Monster Hunter World.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.