Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
binny45

What would it take to get you playing again?

57 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The system as it is would severely punish the player if most of the time played was pvping.  Harvesting, crafting, exploring, getting around the map itself are part of their core concepts and won’t be removed so people can have “constant” PvP.  Do I think they need to be toned down? O custard yes I do but I openly hate the ridiculous amount of co-dependence forced with harvesting and crafting. Do I think they will 180 on a core concept that is basically what Blair/Koster were hired to do?  Nope.     

Tldr; I’m talking about how decaying gear would be impacted as the systems are now and you’re talking about what if’s (that I agree would be better) but unlikely to happen given how late into dev they are and who is making the game. 

For the most part these discussions are mostly about "what if." The title of this thread is "what would it take to get you playing again" not "what do you love about the current model that keeps you logging in."

Until this thing launches or reaches a state where I know what it will look like for realzies, it is still in the "what if" stage and looking at changes coming, ACE is treating it as such.

To me it seems like for whatever reasons they have built the game around their crafting model instead of around player conflict, interaction, or general players controlling their own happy little destiny which is what I picture when it comes to the vague concept of a "sandbox." More of a Crafting Sim then a Throne War Sim.

It isn't an either or. We can have great crafting, harvesting, social reliance, and have "meaningful" PVP with actual systems built for it that encourages PVP on a regular basis. That's my thing, it isn't about removing or changing what is, but adding more to make a better overall experience. People complain about the grind(s) because that's all there is. We need more to do or at least I do.

Having played so many games and seen the variety of content possible, to basically be told to gank one another doing PVE to create our own content, I just shake my head.

It does come down to who is making the game. It isn't surprising that the game is so PVE heavy with those behind it. I don't know the background of each and every dev currently, but I don't get sense that there is a strong PVP/conflict experienced team, obviously could be very wrong. Same goes for combat and player customization. Not surprising that a lot of CF is just a knock off of Shadowbane for better or worse. At least we don't have click to move I guess. :unsure:

Might have missed it or forgot, but don't remember anything from Koster since 2015. Even then, the little I remember reading seemed to be high end conceptual stuff that doesn't exactly translate directly into a game. They talked up the importance of social interaction, dependence, EKs, economy, etc and look at what we have... Could just be we are ever still in pre-alpha and things will magically change come alpha, beta #2928, beta #20392 or something but no clue at this point.

With each update, just seems like the spend more and more resources trying to make crafting into some blockbuster feature when in reality I don't believe that is going to draw in a crowd. Sometimes when 99.9% of other games do it another way, it might not be so bad. Believe they have a lot more likelihood of being another play once and forget MMO then being the next EVE if they keep this path.

20 hours ago, Jah said:

A constant "threat of PvP" is quite different than "constant PvP."

Outside God's Reach and the Temples, there is a constant threat of pvp in the campaign worlds. But that doesn't mean anything like constant PvP. For that you'd probably need something like Overwatch matches.

No it isn’t you simply don’t have a firm grasp on what constant means. You’re confusing constant with permanent.

constant-continually occurring or recurring :regular constant annoyance, suffers from constant headaches

recur-to occur again after an interval : occur time after time, the cancer recurred

4 minutes ago, Dakoth said:

No it isn’t you simply don’t have a firm grasp on what constant means. You’re confusing constant with permanent.

constant-continually occurring or recurring :regular constant annoyance, suffers from constant headaches

recur-to occur again after an interval : occur time after time, the cancer recurred

So how frequent would the pvp need to be, for it to be “constant” according to your firm grasp of the word?

if it recurs once per day at siege time, that would be occurring again after an interval, right?

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Jah said:

So how frequent would the pvp need to be, for it to be “constant” according to your firm grasp of the word?

if it recurs once per day at siege time, that would be occurring again after an interval, right?

Yes it would, and had that been their promise it would have been fulfilled. 

17 minutes ago, Dakoth said:

How did you perceive their promise of PvP frequency? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Dakoth said:

I like how Mandalore draws his sense of self worth from pixels.

Lol nah I’ve been afk for a few weeks and just trying to catch up.  

Edited by Pann
See PM

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Lol nah I’ve been afk for a few weeks and just trying to catch up.  A quick tldr of where the bad Jah touched you would be helpful instead of some weak ad hominem response. 

jah said he hates eks :C he also said death isnt coming. 

2 minutes ago, Dakoth said:

What did the developers promise Jah?

You legitimately believe that the devs have secretly promised Jah something? 

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Dakoth said:

52 minutes ago, Jah said:

Remind me, what was their promise?

29 minutes ago, Dakoth said:

so to steer this ship back on course. What did the developers promise Jah?

You were the one who brought up what the developers promised. I don't know what you were referring to, which is why I asked.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 1:19 PM, Jah said:

Did ACE ever claim the game would offer constant PvP?

Nice try but it was this that I posted to. 

So so again what was it that ACE claimed/promised us?

Edited by Pann
See PM

Just now, Dakoth said:

Nice try but it was this that I posted to. If your upset I paraphrased then by all means I’m sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities.

Caravans? 

cac00dov173a0101.png

wiDfyPp.png

8 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Caravans? 

cac00dov173a0101.png

A sensible choice that offers a mixture of great space, carrying capacity, and a respectable miles per gallon.

21 hours ago, Dakoth said:

Nice try but it was this that I posted to. If your upset I paraphrased then by all means I’m sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities.

I asked if ACE ever promised constant pvp. Did they?

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

I asked if ACE ever promised constant pvp. Did they?

Given how hard you are trying to make it personal with jabs at me, I have to wonder what offended your delicate sensibilities. Was it when I asked if ACE ever promised constant pvp? Is that offensive? Or was it when I said that in my mind sandbox pvp and constant pvp are at odds with each other? Why all the hostility?

Death is coming. 

wiDfyPp.png

6 minutes ago, oneply said:

Can a dev just delete the last 4 hours of posts? Talk about a worthless addition to a discussion with merit. But that’s what that gerbil lover does, deter any meaningful conversation to a point the thread needs to be locked. Smh.  This post should go out the window with them as well. 

This qualifies as one of the most idiotic self serving posts I have read in a long time. Winning is relative. I would not consider either of you winners. And deriving worth from pixels is pathetic. 

Well by CF standards the Winterblades/HoA/CSC alliance has won every NA campaign and I do believe that makes them winners and you not the winner.  The game is designed to be won, it even announces at the end of the CW who won.  Every time Jah sees that screen it says he won, every time you see it does it say the same thing?  

You’re so quick to resort to personal attacks over pixels you claim I care about and that you don’t as to be alarming.  Calm down bromego, we all want CF to do well and you getting upset over being the dissenting minority opinion is on you.  Jah has been here since the start and is unlikely to ever go away.  I bet money Jah will play CF from its start till it’s death and even after it’s emulated vessel gets crafted.  Do I always agree with him? Nah.  Is he right now?  Yep.  

Constant threat of PvP and constant PvP are not the same thing.  One is viable within the systems CF has and seems to be going towards while the other is the mark of a MOBA or some battleground in wow.  You’re never really safe in a CF CW (not counting gods reach or an EK -looks at Jah-) and that’s the point.  If you’re expecting on command, nearly constant, meaningless PvP then CF might not be for you.  CF is a game with a huge time commitment, ever increasing logistical requirements, unit cohesion, dedicated guilds members, chain of command and then some PvP skill but if you have a group that doesn’t have all of that then you’re going to get smashed by the people that do.  Don’t take it so personal, overcome your personal obstacles and get some wins but faulting those willing to win isn’t the best outlook for somebody who’s entering a competitive arena.  

TLDR; CF plays like an EOD simulator: Initial success or total failure.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Well by CF standards the Winterblades/HoA/CSC camping trip, led by regional tactical geniuses The Flames of Exile, has won every NA campaign

I fixed this for you. I am shocked you would omit the monarchy in this fashion.

As we have reached the pinnacle of this thread, I believe we can now close it.

@Pann, do the honors?

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"