Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
B_bbyAintSad

PvP Support Tools

So, I've been recently studying a lot this game. Thanks to the Guild I recently joined I learned what's the proper path to follow to begin being "usefull" and I understood that alone you can't really do much.

I've joined this game because I understood it was going to be PvP oriented, where people could fight over resources/castels and such.

After about 3 weeks of gameplay, I've yet to take part into a battle, because my stats compared to those fighting regularly at the keeps are just way too low. I have nothing that allows me to compare my skills/stats with those around me or against me. I have no grasp of what's the "Potential" damage that a player can reach, or what's the avarage skill level of the players I'm playing with. 

Aside from this moaning, I've started preparing myself taking a look at some sieges and videos of fights happening at the keeps. And I've come to the conclusion that the Offense is always at extreme disvantage. "But if that was the case, how can people capture forts and keeps like that?", simply is a matter of targets priority and fighters available. Outnumbering your opponent. The offense needs way more fighters compared to the defence, because the defenders have 1) Guards, 2) Spawn nearby, 3) More safespots to heal because the guards wont attack you anywhere. 

While now with 50/60/70 Players ingame is kinda obvious that only up to half of them are interested in battling in a Keep, things will escalate quickly when the game goes off Pre-Alpha.

I support the idea that battles should be even sided. Especially reguarding the spawn distance. Defenders can spawn inside the keep, attackers instead have a LONG WAY to walk back. Using Planetside2 as reference, I think the game should add something to help Fast respawn not too far from the battle, just temporary. Example: Outposts are basically just Points makers, but instead of Towers and Camps, there could be a 3rd type of Outpost that as captures, could be a Temporary spawn during siege hours of that Parcel or a Fort/Keep's parcel nearby.

Also please reduce the durability drop on death, I just lost the whole mail I had after dying  too many times to ambushers ç_ç

2 hours ago, B_bbyAintSad said:

Example: Outposts are basically just Points makers, but instead of Towers and Camps, there could be a 3rd type of Outpost that as captures, could be a Temporary spawn during siege hours of that Parcel or a Fort/Keep's parcel nearby.

Great idea. ACE had the same. 

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/worlds-worth-defending

7 hours ago, B_bbyAintSad said:

After about 3 weeks of gameplay, I've yet to take part into a battle, because my stats compared to those fighting regularly at the keeps are just way too low.

Once you get a vessel to Lv25 (with your capstone talent) and have some good white/green gear, you are viable for keep fights. Better gear makes a difference, good group composition and execution makes more difference, but sheer numbers is rarely a bad thing.

You are more valuable to your team fighting poorly than sitting on the bench, and you can't learn how to fight well if you don't fight.

27 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Once you get a vessel to Lv25 (with your capstone talent) and have some good white/green gear, you are viable for keep fights. Better gear makes a difference, good group composition and execution makes more difference, but sheer numbers is rarely a bad thing.

You are more valuable to your team fighting poorly than sitting on the bench, and you can't learn how to fight well if you don't fight.

Yup. If you’re lvl 25 with common or above and a descent understanding of your class you are viable for all PvP. If you feel like testing yourself get a group together and attack a fort the hour before siege starts. There tends to be some “lighter” action at those.