Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pestyphus

Ranger mechanic questions

Heya,

i ve tested quiet a of ranger specc/Major Disc combs over the last Weekend. But i still got some Questions wich i cant find the answer for myself (at least testing alone) due the lack of a little more detailed combat log. Mabe someone found a way to test it and can answer my Questions 😃

Question 1: If i use a Special exotic arrow/quiver will the dmg of all bow attacks be changed to that dmg type or only the 3rd shot (or will all shots remain piercing like the bow is ?)

Question 2: As Brigant we get Bonus piercing/slashing dmg. But Brigant also got3 traps causing   x+x% weapon dmg as fire/nature/crushing dmg. If i increase slashing Bonus (wich my melee dmg weapons are, Short Swords) slashing Penetration etc will i actually also increase my traps dmg or are those only scaling with actuall weapon dmg displayed under char Infos (and ofc  crit , ap etc)

Question 3: Is there any item wich modifies range distance cap besides the high Tension bow ? I was able to get Wardens/brigand range distance to 47m (as elken) but not further.

Would be awsome if someone could answer those Questions or volunteers to help me test it my own

Hey, good to see people testing!

1: Yes your quiver will decide your damage type in ranged tray, slashing quiver all slashing, ice quiver all ice etc. Keep in mind that your bonuses from your talents e.g your 10% slashing/piercing will be useless if you use other dmg types like ice quiver.

2: When the tooltip says weapon damage, that just means the damage of your weapon, so if it says 20-30 + 110% weapon dmg, and your weapon is 50-60 dmg.

Then it's 20-30 + 110% (of 50 to 60, depending on what roll you get on that attack). Then ofcourse it factors in AP, penetration etc. also to calculate the damage.

When your trap then says 'as fire damage' then +slashing/piercing won't increase that. Instead + fire dmg bonus would increase that.

When I played Brigand I would use a +bleed dot dmg emblem, to increase the bleed dot dmg of the stun trap.

3: As far as I've seen, it's only high tension and elken racial that increases the range distance cap.

The bonuses on sharpshooter/arcane Archer, carrot juice and ranged distance rings, are all +range, not +range cap.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Thanks for the reply,

i just found the arrow/quiver dmg thing out my own 5minutes before your post (shooting alt char who used scarecrow/mudman barriers with piercing/crushing arrows)

Despite the fact that we only get slashing/piercing bonus as brigand wouldnt it make sense overall to go for crushing arrows and maces and push crushing dmg/penetration with gear  ? so you would buff ranged+melee dmg + the best dmg trap ?

Its really wierd that warden gets bonus dmg to crushing while not beeing able to wield runic maces or having any crushing dmg based skill (except arrows) and brigand can wield runic maces but doesnt get crushing dmg bonusses ?

I really like the brigand but im missing a clear structure to the dmg of the class. Traps are an  important component of your dmg but its impossible to push all their dmg with a certain dmg typ mod/penetration stat. Im not 100% certain yet but with the 225 ap from brigand tree and high qual gear (+wright major discs) ap cap shouldnt be a problem to achieve (and neither is crit/crit dmg cap as a dexer class) so what go for as a brigand in "lategame" / near max gear ?

Ok i tested it:

If you go for maces with crush pene and a chest armor with crushing Bonus (and a bow with crush pene, but that Bonus doesnt apply to the stun trap since only current used weapon of melee/ranged tray stats are applied) you can boost the dmg of the stun trap quit a lot. Overall the specc doenst work though because you cant sustain enough Energy in melee stance (maces are too heavy/Energy cost Multipliers too high)

I ll just use the melee weapons/arrow(quiver) dmg typ modifiers on these weapons. The only remaining Question is the dmg Bonus you can get on chest: You could go for

A= slashing and use slashing arrows wich would buff both melee and ranged direct dmg. But im not a huge fan of the Bonus you get from slashing arrows

B= go for bleed dmg and use piercing arrows wich would buff stun trap dot/pierce arrow dot (and cross Slash dot...wich seems to be underwhelming low or bugged atm though. Cross Slash bleed ticks only once for very low dmg = bugged ???)

C=go  for piercing and further increasing the range dmg (and also the dot from piercing arrows since it scales with the original hit applied) but that wouldnt buff stun trap since its crushing dmg)

Any thoughts ? Discuss ;) 

You should instead have slashing in melee, piercing in ranged, and go for offensive stats that buffs all your damage (the dots from the traps is where you get your damage from).

So aim towards getting attack power, crit chance and crit hit dmg, because they all affect the dmg of your dots as well.

pJ5xyok.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Yumx said:

You should instead have slashing in melee, piercing in ranged, and go for offensive stats that buffs all your damage (the dots from the traps is where you get your damage from).

So aim towards getting attack power, crit chance and crit hit dmg, because they all affect the dmg of your dots as well.

Thats actually what im go0ing to do ;>  A / B / C options is ONLY a question about the bonus dmg attribute you can craft on chest and if i should go for slashing arrows if i craft a slashing dmg chest

Edited by Pestiferius

On 6/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, Yumx said:

The bonuses on sharpshooter/arcane Archer, carrot juice and ranged distance rings, are all +range, not +range cap.

I thought carrot juice was additive? Meaning it adds even if you’re at cap

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

37 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I thought carrot juice was additive? Meaning it adds even if you’re at cap

Nop it just helps you get to the cap if you haven't reached it.

1 hour ago, Pestiferius said:

Thats actually what im go0ing to do ;>  A / B / C options is ONLY a question about the bonus dmg attribute you can craft on chest and if i should go for slashing arrows if i craft a slashing dmg chest

Think about what you tend to do the most, do you stay in ranged tray more often, or do you jump into melee tray at every chance? 

pJ5xyok.png