Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Improving UI - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

"Reccommended level" is silly UI bloat IMO. This isn't a themepark where people are spending months to get in the right level bracket for a zone, and there is functionally such minute difference between L25 and L30 that its basically icing flowers on an already perfectly good cake.

Anything that isn't GR has a "Recommended Level" of 25 because they're PvP zones, and 25 if where you get your spec endcap and have essentially "finished" your build to the point its functional in PvP. The remaining five levels are generally used to stack up a few more passive nodes from earlier in the trees that you skipped to get all your discs and key talents filled out.

Remove that element. Its visual noise that imparts no useful information to anyone, and it is certain to create confusion for new players.

A better move would be, after fixing the XP to where GR is actually useful to level to 25, to just bump up the new player level requirement to leave GR to 25, up from 10. A new player entering any campaign at level 10 without any friends is already a huge disadvantage. That should really only be a thing you're allowed to do once you know better or have a reasonably leveled white vessel to fall back on if you discover just how inadequate a solo L10 character is at defending itself or tackling higher rank challenges.

Players should not be given any assumption by the UI other than "L25 is campaign ready" nor should they be given the false assumption that getting 5 more levels is the difference between ready and undready for campaigns that differ only by ruleset from any other.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I read title, wow its UI, finally!!! then I have read body..

especially I sarcastically like this ones Button_Style_Image.jpg

glad to see you have a designer to repeatedly redesign some elements . sad but HUD is expected much more than lobby. not design but working, modern and completed HUD and UI (with floating numbers).

functionality more than redesign. at the end, 0ad76125472bc100cd62a6ed9222c53a.png this is also a button.

if this button working all the time as expected, I don't care about it design

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

8 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

"Reccommended level" is silly UI bloat IMO. This isn't a themepark where people are spending months to get in the right level bracket for a zone, and there is functionally such minute difference between L25 and L30 that its basically icing flowers on an already perfectly good cake.

Anything that isn't GR has a "Recommended Level" of 25 because they're PvP zones, and 25 if where you get your spec endcap and have essentially "finished" your build to the point its functional in PvP. The remaining five levels are generally used to stack up a few more passive nodes from earlier in the trees that you skipped to get all your discs and key talents filled out.

Remove that element. Its visual noise that imparts no useful information to anyone, and it is certain to create confusion for new players.

A better move would be, after fixing the XP to where GR is actually useful to level to 25, to just bump up the new player level requirement to leave GR to 25, up from 10. A new player entering any campaign at level 10 without any friends is already a huge disadvantage. That should really only be a thing you're allowed to do once you know better or have a reasonably leveled white vessel to fall back on if you discover just how inadequate a solo L10 character is at defending itself or tackling higher rank challenges.

Players should not be given any assumption by the UI other than "L25 is campaign ready" nor should they be given the false assumption that getting 5 more levels is the difference between ready and undready for campaigns that differ only by ruleset from any other.

This is not accurate.  I have leveled vessels from about 5 all the way to 30 only in campaigns completely skipping gods reach.  In my opinion the only benefit of gods reach is the no PvP.  The good stuff is in the campaigns. Fyi.  The post sounded very elitist to me.  Cheers mate :)  

6 minutes ago, Drizzzt said:

This is not accurate.  I have leveled vessels from about 5 all the way to 30 only in campaigns completely skipping gods reach.  In my opinion the only benefit of gods reach is the no PvP.  The good stuff is in the campaigns. Fyi.  The post sounded very elitist to me.  Cheers mate :)  

This has nothing to do with what's possible. We have all leveled this way.

It's about what is being "recommended" to new players in these shots versus what one would logically recommend to a new player (who these data fields exist to benefit) not being the same thing.

I can go farm rank 10 mobs with a level 5 character using starter weapons. That doesn't mean I should recommend that clearly less efficient and more dangerous method to a new player with no friends.

I fail to see how that's elitist.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Looks good.

Two things.

Shadowlands? Thought this name was put in the recycle bin.

9,500 population? Guessing this is wishful thinking and not close to reality.

Probably just placeholders like all vessels having the Mino icon, but it is curious why that name and number were used instead of anything else.

1 hour ago, APE said:

Looks good.

Two things.

Shadowlands? Thought this name was put in the recycle bin.

9,500 population? Guessing this is wishful thinking and not close to reality.

Probably just placeholders like all vessels having the Mino icon, but it is curious why that name and number were used instead of anything else.

A good teaser to make people come back and check out the game prob. 

36 minutes ago, Marth said:

A good teaser to make people come back and check out the game prob. 

Possible, found Shadowlands to be an interesting choice since it hasn't been a thing since Kickstarter for the most part.

The new UI lead not being part of the team until recently (I believe) and then choosing it stuck out to me.

Speaking of which, where'd Billy and Lars go. We don't get much intro/outro for devs anymore.