Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ron

Templar Meta

Hi guys, I searched the forums and I didn't see this so I thought I'd post a thought about it.
Races aside, etc, as far as the 3 branches you can go in the talent tree, whats meta at the moment?
I know it depends a lot on what you plan to do but generally an answer for PvE and a meta answer for PvP would be wonderful.
If so you could even link pictures to the build tree to get an "exact" meta build.
I just know it would help a lot of people out and ease all the burden and questions floating around.

Thank you for your time reading this post I truly appreciate it and I'm sure others are wondering the same since I know Templar is a GREAT starting vessel

Hey there!

Nice to see new players seek information.

Templar is indeed a very nice starter vessel, simple to get into, and doesn't require much to be some what effective in group fights.

To answer your questions, PvE your race does not matter, and you should not aim towards PvE since that is going to be a very small part of this game.

The branches you speak of are normally referred to as promotion classes.

The most played promotion for templars, are the paladin.

Paladin turns you into a healer, increasing your support power and gives you several healing capabilities.

This is also a really good build for PvE, because you can basically keep yourself healed up while damaging down enemies with little effort.

As a paladin your Major disciplines would be something like field surgeon/Pixie or field surgeon/naiad (to get a ranged aoe root).

You will act as a support/healer that your teammates can hide behind and get healed up from.

If you want to dapple in the other promotions then the best other choice is Vindicator, which is the damage focused version of the templar.

This build though works best if you have a healer to back you up, since your self heals will be low.

If you have more questions you can always jump into our discord and ask.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

I personally do not think any of the Templar specs exist in the "PvP Meta" due to the lack of mobility of the Templar... but I see Vindicators and Paladins if I see any at all.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:50 AM, Ble said:

I personally do not think any of the Templar specs exist in the "PvP Meta" due to the lack of mobility of the Templar... but I see Vindicators and Paladins if I see any at all.

Thanks Ble, and you to Yumx. It was mainly gonna be blued out for hunting bosses or raid bosses solo to get disc and money. Any ideas or like pictures on what the meta for that specific role of the templar would be? whats stats? etc, talents are little obvious but if you might think the public might miss, that to as well please. I know im asking a lot of you two gentlemen and the public but it is knowledge that the public needs and it would give the devs the feedback they need to make the changes that are wanted like what was discused in @Ble post