Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ron

Meta for Crafters?

Hello, I'm returning to the game and I'm completely lost, like a lot of people I assume.
I bought a 2nd account for my crafter and I'm not sure exactly what race, class,  let alone disciplines to use.
What stats do you raise?
Should I go for Vessel making first?
See? I'm just really stuck on what to do xactly as far as class, race, stats etc go.
If anyone can please help out with this question I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thank you very much for reading the post and I hope you guys give some good feedback we could all use!

Go to www.malekai.org and check out the racial bonuses. Each race gets bonuses to 2 different crafting professions, though some professions are not accounted for. Choose a race that gets bonuses to the profession you want. Beyond that, I like to create a character for each class that is available to that race to see which gets the most total stats in the stats that matter to my chosen profession. For example, blacksmithing uses strength and intelligence, so I would pick a race that has bonuses to blacksmithing, and then pick a class for that race that has the highest combined strength and intelligence. That may not necessarily be how you want to do it. You might want to focus more on strength, for example, to raise your blacksmithing exp points, so you might choose a class that has a higher base strength, even though the combination of strength and intelligence is slightly lower.

To determine which stats are important to the profession, open your character sheet, click on the Details button, and go to the Craft tab. Mouse over the stats relevant to your chosen profession and the tooltips will tell you which attributes (str, dex or int) increase those stats.

As far as what profession you should do first, I would suggest that you pick whichever interests you most and then find a guild to help you. You can only train one profession at a time on each account and even if you have enough accounts to train every profession, there is a lot of active game play involved in gearing up a crafter. So you are going to want to work with other people to be more efficient.

However, as a solo player, I would suggest that you do Runemaking first. Runemakers make a variety of things which will be beneficial to you early in the game:

• Harvesting tools: Better tools enables you to harvest higher rank nodes and do it quicker
  • Disciplines: You can make exploration and major disciplines
  • Specialty Seals: Seals add harvesting or crafting stats when crafting armor

In addition, Runemaking requires a low amount of resources compared to other professions. Once you obtain a Runemaking Techniques minor disc, you can start making special tools that enable the harvesting of exploration souls (used to make exploration disciplines) and soul essences (used to make both exploration and major disciplines).

There are no races that get bonuses to Runemaking, so you can pick pretty much whatever you want. Runemaking uses dexterity for assembly and intelligence for experimentation and exp. points, so you'll probably want a race/class combo that is at least high in intelligence.

Posted (edited)

Min/Maxing Crafters varies depending on the specific crafting. Maxing out assembly is pretty trivial but maxing out experimentation and experimentation points is a more difficult balancing act that will depend on stat allocation and vessel quality in most cases.

Do step 1 figure out what craft you want to do. See which race gets a bonus to that craft.

Step 2 figure out which stats you need for that craft (you can see this by hovering over their values in the Craft tab of the character details pane)

Step 3 pick the race and class that gives you the best starting stats for your crafting, yes the class effects your starting stats. (It will be hard to max out most crafting with lower than epic vessels, but the few where you get to double dip on a stat like alchemy or necromancy can max out with a decent green quality vessel) 

Step 4 Get leveling! You’ll eventually want some crafting gear, armor will help boost your base stats a bit but jewelry is really where the super important bonuses come from.

Step 5 watch your scores and balance your stats, remember the soft cap is 100 for both assembly and experimentation (reduction stats improve this as they don’t count towards the cap!) and 18 for experimentation points. You can use Bon Tippers to boost your experimentation for the next item, this bonus doesn’t appear to be limited by the stat caps.

The corresponding techniques minor for your craft will raise those 100 caps to 120. A sapho potion can temporarily raise your points cap from 18 to 22, note that only increases the cap not the raw score, you’ll need to have enough stats, gear, and buffs to reach those new caps!

As a general rule of thumb the two stats to really focus on are experimentation and experimentation points as they are what really distinguish whether an item is good or not. So usually you want to focus on Int and whatever stat gives you points.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

On 6/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, Arkade said:

Go to www.malekai.org and check out the racial bonuses. Each race gets bonuses to 2 different crafting professions, though some professions are not accounted for. Choose a race that gets bonuses to the profession you want. Beyond that, I like to create a character for each class that is available to that race to see which gets the most total stats in the stats that matter to my chosen profession. For example, blacksmithing uses strength and intelligence, so I would pick a race that has bonuses to blacksmithing, and then pick a class for that race that has the highest combined strength and intelligence. That may not necessarily be how you want to do it. You might want to focus more on strength, for example, to raise your blacksmithing exp points, so you might choose a class that has a higher base strength, even though the combination of strength and intelligence is slightly lower.

To determine which stats are important to the profession, open your character sheet, click on the Details button, and go to the Craft tab. Mouse over the stats relevant to your chosen profession and the tooltips will tell you which attributes (str, dex or int) increase those stats.

As far as what profession you should do first, I would suggest that you pick whichever interests you most and then find a guild to help you. You can only train one profession at a time on each account and even if you have enough accounts to train every profession, there is a lot of active game play involved in gearing up a crafter. So you are going to want to work with other people to be more efficient.

However, as a solo player, I would suggest that you do Runemaking first. Runemakers make a variety of things which will be beneficial to you early in the game:

• Harvesting tools: Better tools enables you to harvest higher rank nodes and do it quicker
  • Disciplines: You can make exploration and major disciplines
  • Specialty Seals: Seals add harvesting or crafting stats when crafting armor

In addition, Runemaking requires a low amount of resources compared to other professions. Once you obtain a Runemaking Techniques minor disc, you can start making special tools that enable the harvesting of exploration souls (used to make exploration disciplines) and soul essences (used to make both exploration and major disciplines).

There are no races that get bonuses to Runemaking, so you can pick pretty much whatever you want. Runemaking uses dexterity for assembly and intelligence for experimentation and exp. points, so you'll probably want a race/class combo that is at least high in intelligence.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:46 AM, Duffy said:

Min/Maxing Crafters varies depending on the specific crafting. Maxing out assembly is pretty trivial but maxing out experimentation and experimentation points is a more difficult balancing act that will depend on stat allocation and vessel quality in most cases.

Do step 1 figure out what craft you want to do. See which race gets a bonus to that craft.

Step 2 figure out which stats you need for that craft (you can see this by hovering over their values in the Craft tab of the character details pane)

Step 3 pick the race and class that gives you the best starting stats for your crafting, yes the class effects your starting stats. (It will be hard to max out most crafting with lower than epic vessels, but the few where you get to double dip on a stat like alchemy or necromancy can max out with a decent green quality vessel) 

Step 4 Get leveling! You’ll eventually want some crafting gear, armor will help boost your base stats a bit but jewelry is really where the super important bonuses come from.

Step 5 watch your scores and balance your stats, remember the soft cap is 100 for both assembly and experimentation (reduction stats improve this as they don’t count towards the cap!) and 18 for experimentation points. You can use Bon Tippers to boost your experimentation for the next item, this bonus doesn’t appear to be limited by the stat caps.

The corresponding techniques minor for your craft will raise those 100 caps to 120. A sapho potion can temporarily raise your points cap from 18 to 22, note that only increases the cap not the raw score, you’ll need to have enough stats, gear, and buffs to reach those new caps!

As a general rule of thumb the two stats to really focus on are experimentation and experimentation points as they are what really distinguish whether an item is good or not. So usually you want to focus on Int and whatever stat gives you points.

I appreciate both your knowledge is it EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you so very much. Another question you can probably answer just as well...
Whats the meta for harvesting? I was thinking half elf assy for wood/skinning and such, not sure for stone/ore and gravedigging. Any input here would be amazing and thank you for your time!

Posted (edited)

We’ve been debating our min/max for harvesting and have concluded that guineciean is a compelling possible best choice for all gathering. This is primarily due to a desire to focus on crit harvesting and crit harvesting amount.

This may seem counter intuitive but since the max harvesting skill is 100 it’s fairly easy to cap that out with a bit of stat, gear, training, and decent tools. So the stats to look at next are crit harvest (dex for all gatherers) and harvest amount (again int for all). Crit harvest is pretty hard to cap and a slow return, so if you’re not a dex based gatherer you’ll want the bonus 100+ dex from a hamster at the very least while you min/max your other stats.

The most important part is hitting the 133 int soft cap for crit harvest amount. This willl give you 1 crit amount, you can get 3 more from training and the last 5th point from Grilled Cheese food buffs.

What next? Balance your primary gathering stat to insure between all your stat sources that’s your hitting 100 for whatever gathering your doing, then dump the rest into dex for crit harvest.

There is something to be said for focusing the exploit weakness stats, particularly for strength gathering. Spot goes off int (which we have in this build so far) and the Exploit scales off strength for everyone, which is awkward for hamsters. However it’s got a pretty good return and you can craft jewelry with this stat to help. A strong Exploit build might be better if you can loop through nodes that are respawning faster than you can make a circuit, but if they aren’t then crit is far better to maximize returns from limited nodes.

A blue guinea vessel that’s well built and rolled can start with 133ish Int, requiring no points placed there. Allowing you to spread all your stat points between Dex or Strength according to your preference based on other factors I’ve mentioned. You can do something similar with the other Dex/Int bonus races, but you really need both stats to benefit and we’ve had the best luck with hamster stats.

Once you have your stats all sorted make sure you get beneficial harvest gathering gear, it will sometimes grant a buff on node destruction for 30secs that boosts your crit harvesting, gives stamina, and makes you slightly faster.

Finally their some side benefits to picking the hamster, they get three ring slots - jewelry is a good source of harvesting stats. They can also use fashion statement for a 2nd necklace (you generally want reaping necklaces), maxing out jewelry slots with one minor. They also have a Duelist as a class choice that synergzies with their stats and make difficult to catch or kill gatherers. I’d probably recommend Scout promo for the since the plate armor is no longer as awesome as it used to be and the ability to stealth and run is very valuable for a gatherer.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

On 6/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Duffy said:

We’ve been debating our min/max for harvesting and have concluded that guineciean is a compelling possible best choice for all gathering. This is primarily due to a desire to focus on crit harvesting and crit harvesting amount.

This may seem counter intuitive but since the max harvesting skill is 100 it’s fairly easy to cap that out with a bit of stat, gear, training, and decent tools. So the stats to look at next are crit harvest (dex for all gatherers) and harvest amount (again int for all). Crit harvest is pretty hard to cap and a slow return, so if you’re not a dex based gatherer you’ll want the bonus 100+ dex from a hamster at the very least while you min/max your other stats.

The most important part is hitting the 133 int soft cap for crit harvest amount. This willl give you 1 crit amount, you can get 3 more from training and the last 5th point from Grilled Cheese food buffs.

What next? Balance your primary gathering stat to insure between all your stat sources that’s your hitting 100 for whatever gathering your doing, then dump the rest into dex for crit harvest.

There is something to be said for focusing the exploit weakness stats, particularly for strength gathering. Spot goes off int (which we have in this build so far) and the Exploit scales off strength for everyone, which is awkward for hamsters. However it’s got a pretty good return and you can craft jewelry with this stat to help. A strong Exploit build might be better if you can loop through nodes that are respawning faster than you can make a circuit, but if they aren’t then crit is far better to maximize returns from limited nodes.

A blue guinea vessel that’s well built and rolled can start with 133ish Int, requiring no points placed there. Allowing you to spread all your stat points between Dex or Strength according to your preference based on other factors I’ve mentioned. You can do something similar with the other Dex/Int bonus races, but you really need both stats to benefit and we’ve had the best luck with hamster stats.

Once you have your stats all sorted make sure you get beneficial harvest gathering gear, it will sometimes grant a buff on node destruction for 30secs that boosts your crit harvesting, gives stamina, and makes you slightly faster.

Finally their some side benefits to picking the hamster, they get three ring slots - jewelry is a good source of harvesting stats. They can also use fashion statement for a 2nd necklace (you generally want reaping necklaces), maxing out jewelry slots with one minor. They also have a Duelist as a class choice that synergzies with their stats and make difficult to catch or kill gatherers. I’d probably recommend Scout promo for the since the plate armor is no longer as awesome as it used to be and the ability to stealth and run is very valuable for a gatherer.

This is very useful information and very detailed. This is exactly the type of post hardcore pvp gamers are looking for that put more hours into games like this. I really appreciate it, truely. Anything to be said on which passives to start as an all around crafter and which to take first as far as experiment success, points, or assembly success goes? I know it kinda depends on the craft of course but, you gave an insane enough answer, I'm sure you know this information to. Another important question a lot of people are wanting to know is what a "basic item" is as far as the first crafting tree goes. Do Metal Bars count towards this Basic Item or is it in the literal since as in basic tools etc? The wiki severely lacks information like this, and for good reason of course not a whole lot of people play the game, but theres a lot to say here on these forums still and newer players can feel bummed having to wait a month sometimes just to be kinda relevant, from what ive seen people complain about anyways. Ty for your efforts

Posted (edited)

Basic items are anything that's not accessed under it's own crafting heading at a specific bench, stuff like the "starter" tools, survival items, and intermediate/weapons armor. That said, 25% of your basic crafting stats do get applied to all other crafting so it's still worth filling those out to max your advanced crafting. (You will need the 1 experimentation point you get from from doing all the basic experimentation point nodes for most crafters to hit the hard cap of 22 points with a sapho potion)

As for priorities I tend to alternate between the Experimentation and Point nodes til I max the top section out. Then I do the research line, then I do the Assembly, and finally finish off the speed (which doesn't do anything at the moment) before I do the final node that should now be unlocked. Between stats and crafting gear/jewelry the assembly will be close to maxed out while you work on the experimentation stats. If you can't get the crafting gear throw some assembly stats in there earlier, enough to cover whatever quality level you're working with primarily. (The higher the quality the higher the assembly risk) There's always a minimum 2% assembly failure chance.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

21 hours ago, Duffy said:

Basic items are anything that's not accessed under it's own crafting heading at a specific bench, stuff like the "starter" tools, survival items, and intermediate/weapons armor. That said, 25% of your basic crafting stats do get applied to all other crafting so it's still worth filling those out to max your advanced crafting. (You will need the 1 experimentation point you get from from doing all the basic experimentation point nodes for most crafters to hit the hard cap of 22 points with a sapho potion)

As for priorities I tend to alternate between the Experimentation and Point nodes til I max the top section out. Then I do the research line, then I do the Assembly, and finally finish off the speed (which doesn't do anything at the moment) before I do the final node that should now be unlocked. Between stats and crafting gear/jewelry the assembly will be close to maxed out while you work on the experimentation stats. If you can't get the crafting gear throw some assembly stats in there earlier, enough to cover whatever quality level you're working with primarily. (The higher the quality the higher the assembly risk) There's always a minimum 2% assembly failure chance.

What pip rotation is optimal usually when your gathering?

Usually just go to 5 pips for extra damage, faster the node destruction the faster you get beneficial harvest up or can exploit beneficial harvest which will give you back stamina. If it’s close and no buff I’ll sometimes use the stam recovery just so I don’t have to wait that few seconds to recover stam.

lPoLZtm.png

On 6/18/2019 at 10:08 AM, Duffy said:

Usually just go to 5 pips for extra damage, faster the node destruction the faster you get beneficial harvest up or can exploit beneficial harvest which will give you back stamina. If it’s close and no buff I’ll sometimes use the stam recovery just so I don’t have to wait that few seconds to recover stam.

So absolutely DO NOT use pip 4 into pip 1 or 2 or both to maximise resource output. You know...pip 1 making ur skill higher, sklil 2 increasing crit change in a way basically for the weak spots

Guinean and High elfs make the best crafters imo late game The extra jewellery slot granted free up a minor discipline slot for a crafting discipline.

However before you max out your crafting you want to make a race that benefit for your crafting that there racial provides and stats for it but once you get neat high end you wanna get a guinea of High elf body for your crafter.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 6/19/2019 at 11:11 PM, veeshan said:

Guinean and High elfs make the best crafters imo late game The extra jewellery slot granted free up a minor discipline slot for a crafting discipline.

However before you max out your crafting you want to make a race that benefit for your crafting that there racial provides and stats for it but once you get neat high end you wanna get a guinea of High elf body for your crafter.

For what craft? At this point I’m leaning towards human for blacksmith.

On 6/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, Duffy said:

Hey Dufy pretty similar views on harvesting always wanted to know the exact numbers grill cheese adds the last crit harvest point but what does this point equate to in number value if we don’t use grill cheese IE winter PHfood to get the last pip.

5 minutes ago, MrPlanks said:

Hey Dufy pretty similar views on harvesting always wanted to know the exact numbers grill cheese adds the last crit harvest point but what does this point equate to in number value if we don’t use grill cheese IE winter PHfood to get the last pip.

Grilled Cheese buff gives you exactly 1 Crit Harvest Amount. In winter usually just go without because the plentiful harvest pip food buff is worth more than crit amount. 

As for the exact math, this is a simple case: If you stop at 133 Int your crit harvest amount is exactly 1. All the specialization training nodes will also give you exactly 1 when their completely trained. Your exact total will be 4 if you have 133 Int and completed specialization tree training. The last single point comes from the Grilled Cheese, which will put you at the cap of 5.

lPoLZtm.png