Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Yoink

Crafting - Flawed Assembly

It still feels awful when it happens on a final combine. Like want to log off awful.

I'm not seeing what it adds to the game.

If you still want the flawed chance for people way under the difficulty, I would change the numbers so that if your assembly is over the difficulty you do not get a flawed assembly

aeei5jG.png

Posted (edited)

I still think there should be a chance for items to proc up rarity depending on your assembly skill depends on the chance.

Edit: I feel the only reason flaws are in game simple to give a use to the assembly skill, tbh though i rather have recipes locked behind assembly skill level in the craft than a chance to fail and get something useless.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Ya...I failed on the final combine of a legendary last night(I’m maxed in that craft). Really put me in a sour mood, actually did sign off shortly after. It wouldn’t be so bad if we got to roll on them still, just with the downgrade pips. 

7 minutes ago, oneply said:

Ya...I failed on the final combine of a legendary last night(I’m maxed in that craft). Really put me in a sour mood, actually did sign off shortly after. It wouldn’t be so bad if we got to roll on them still, just with the downgrade pips. 

yeah the no reroll is huge bvasicly makes thing useless. atleast with jewelery for example  90% of the stats are from the final experimentation if you dont get it you may aswell toss it cause a green piece would be substancially better

Veeshan Midst of UXA

22 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Edit: I feel the only reason flaws are in game simple to give a use to the assembly skill, tbh though i rather have recipes locked behind assembly skill level in the craft than a chance to fail and get something useless.

Depends. If I was tasked with adding pay for convenience type cash shop items, this would be one area I would push game devs to add rng and fails to crafting in order to negate or enhance it with cash shop. 

29 minutes ago, Yoink said:

It still feels awful when it happens on a final combine. Like want to log off awful.

I'm not seeing what it adds to the game.

If you still want the flawed chance for people way under the difficulty, I would change the numbers so that if your assembly is over the difficulty you do not get a flawed assembly

you should be able to experiment on failures.

yea, it is pretty terrible.

Max crafter still have a chance to fail.

I agree that we should still be able to experiment on the fail.

OR if by hand, you can get to 100% assembly, but you can't on factories.

Flawed assembly should just be a downgrade in quality 1 tier from what it would've been but still allow for experimentation. If someone doesn't have the skill to do the assembly they probably won't have the skill to get decent experimentation either so there's no risk in making this change. 

Flawed assembly is not much different than the old failed assembly where you got nothing except with flawed you get a worthless memento of your failure. 

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

Flawed assembly should just be a downgrade in quality 1 tier from what it would've been but still allow for experimentation. If someone doesn't have the skill to do the assembly they probably won't have the skill to get decent experimentation either so there's no risk in making this change. 

Flawed assembly is not much different than the old failed assembly where you got nothing except with flawed you get a worthless memento of your failure. 

this

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

I've said this for ages now, a master in a craft thats fully trained in that field of work, shouldn't get a flawed assembly at all. 

If im a fully trained leatherworker and player A asks how much for a set of armour, i could state how much dust/gold it will cost him but standing next to me could be an apprentice leatherworker who would do it for a cheaper price but at a risk of a flawed assembly. Player A then needs to make a decision, pay more for a better quality in stats or pay far less for a slightly poorer in quality of stats but also has a chance to fail. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, blazzen said:

This.

Getting nerfed down a rarity tier would be punishing enough without the added gut punch of not being able to experiment on the item.

As is, if I'm assembling a legendary sword and I fail, it's the difference between making something of excellent quality and garbage fit only for a trash pile. It should be the difference between making something of excellent quality, and something with a warped crossguard and balanced a bit too far forward that wasn't really worth what was put in to it.

It should be the difference between ready for the designer rack, and ready for the outlet mall irregulars rack basically. Currently it's the difference between ready for the designer rack and ready for use as quilting scraps or dog bed padding. It is virtually impossible for any artisan of skill to screw up that badly in any universe.

Maybe save the current style of failed assembly for 'critical fails' that occur if your assembly chance is, say, less than 75% as at that point you could be reasonably considered to be so far out of your depth that yeah you might actually screw it up that bad. Tracking that assembly chance could also be a useful tutorialization method by adding a warning "These materials are very advanced and you have a low chance to succeed and may critically fail, are you sure you want to continue?"

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I think the reasoning @thomasblair gave us was that these flawed assemblies would be sacrifice fodder but since the quality degrades so much they often can't even be sacrificed (depends on your vessel quality / level). The god's don't want our flawed assemblies either! 

Needs to change. 

2 hours ago, blazzen said:

I think the reasoning @thomasblair gave us was that these flawed assemblies would be sacrifice fodder but since the quality degrades so much they often can't even be sacrificed (depends on your vessel quality / level). The god's don't want our flawed assemblies either! 

Needs to change. 

All about the level grind. 😔 when I have my characters maxed they aren’t worth a thing besides irritation 

Sign in to follow this