Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.92.0 Feedback Reports for 6/6/2019

I'm noticing a lot of new players being killed by the Sanctuary debuff around enemy gates.  It could use some better messaging than the standard debuff, which I guess they aren't noticing.  They're also unable to recover their items due to the changes in the resurrection system.  Is it possible to spawn their cairns outside the Sanctuary radius?

2 hours ago, Sloppy said:

Can't find the crafting major runes!  Did you accidently delete them from game?

They have been deleted by purpose. You will find most recipes at the specialized crafting desks (Tempel etc.) The rest will be done by investing points in the passive skill tree (crafting). The blue quality exploration discs souls and the additionally needed soulgems can now be harvested from ressource nodes r6+ if you equip the free slot of your rune-tool with a polished gemstone. The basic exploration discs (Miner, Logger, Quarryman and Skinner) in white quality can be purchased at a vendor in the temple.

Please allow multiple experiments during crafting like it used to be (or to skip experimentation altogether).  It would be very helpful for tailoring stats on items, especially when hitting caps with high quality vessels on highly trained accounts.

I'd also like it if sacrifice braziers would always accept items for sacrifice, even it grants no xp or at max level.  Sometimes you just want to get rid of junk, and it would be more convenient to delete each individual item.

It would also be swell if confirmation boxes, like selling or deleting items, used the QuickYes hotkey.

Edited by Hyriol

Regarding Balistas and their impact on Sieges...

Is the Players affected by Balistashots capped or is it Groundtarget and will hit all?

Is it intended that all Factions can place Balistas or should it be only the defending Force?

Can we get back some clear visual Groundtarget so Player can get an Idea of why they are dying?

Is anyone having hiccups like small half second freezes that makes my char turn away every time it happens? 

i have been having this issue every build

1 hour ago, heffencs said:

Is anyone having hiccups like small half second freezes that makes my char turn away every time it happens? 

i have been having this issue every build

Yes.  Quite frequently and it has been happening for sometime now.  I call it a camera glitch where suddenly your facing a way other than intended though I like your explanation more.  I have ruled out my system ( its a high end pc with a strong internet connection) 

Movement and camera when close to terrain features is buggy.

cant jump when up against any type of terrain.

Assassin backstab from stealth seems buggy and underpowered.

Could backstab be given a buff if the target is exposed?

the only skill assassins  get that “exposed” helps is diffusion.

Rare crafting tools are still way too rare.

Jewelry seems really underpowered .

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

3 hours ago, PaleOne said:

Movement and camera when close to terrain features is buggy.

cant jump when up against any type of terrain.

Assassin backstab from stealth seems buggy and underpowered.

Could backstab be given a buff if the target is exposed?

the only skill assassins  get that “exposed” helps is diffusion.

Rare crafting tools are still way too rare.

Jewelry seems really underpowered .

Same problems here the screen near the bottom center looks blurry as something invisible was there ( I tested in other games and on windows and it's not a monitor problem), also the backstab from stealth has a ridiculous damage close to 0.

About expose also Ambush gets a buff

Edited by Hypnoticshadow

I logged in today. My clan was doing something as a group.  They had 5 people.  So I'm solo.

There's a few things the guild needs.

Minerals ->  Need a friend to get minerals

Gems -> Need a friend to get gems

Runes -> Need a friend for runes

Dust -> Boring

Need a Fort -> Can't do it very easy solo... Too much trouble, and usually locked out by a timer.

Outposts - Who does it help if I take an outpost?  Nobody

Farm sacrifice parts for bodies - A pain in the ass solo.

So I'm stuck hitting single nodes for mats we don't have room for.  Or I gotta go craft!

Or killing the weak warcamp mobs that drop green crap!

So I logoff!..

We got 25 people who don't even bother to login.

We just want to build something, defend it, and destroy other peoples stuff on our own time!

We want to make other people cry, and try to fight back while people the break stuff we care about!

It's not fun to grind, but when you can take 50% of the stuff you need off other people, it becomes more bearable.

Harvesting is a lot more fun, when there's dangerous people about trying to take your goodies!

Suggestions

1.  Remove the levels off vessels -  Each body should be created max!  It's enough work to outfit them with runes and gear!

2.  Allow solo players to farm motherlodes

3.  Rank 6 or better outposts should have a 10% chance to drop a rune

4.  Outposts need to be soloable, but taking all of them in a region will trigger a fort siege!

5.  Sieges on NA should not always be at 9:30 pm est.  That's past my bed time!

Edited by Sloppy

People log into MMO's and do stuff until their friends login.  Than their friends join them.

If you show up to your discord and no one is logged in, than you don't login.

This game needs stuff for people to do on their own.

It stupid to force people to do stuff in groups.  If I wanted to do stuff in groups I'd go play WoW.

The difference in Stamina with Spirit is so low its insignificant to train spirit for stamina purposes. Is this a bug or intended? 8YqUKUr.png

You can see the obvious flaw. 100 Spirit 140 stamina, 43 spirit (less than half, only 133 stamina)

On 6/14/2019 at 6:04 AM, BigTree said:

But most annoying is a not proper working drag-and-drop mechanic inside the spirit bank. Items have to be dragged several times till they finally react and can be placed.

This has been a quality of life issue for quite a while now. It appears like one big problem is that the item to be dragged isn't selected until the first "drag" event, meaning it picks up the item under the pointer after the mouse has moved instead of the item under the pointer when the mouse button is pressed.

Fixing that one small thing would be a big improvement.

29 minutes ago, Snorbot said:

This has been a quality of life issue for quite a while now. It appears like one big problem is that the item to be dragged isn't selected until the first "drag" event, meaning it picks up the item under the pointer after the mouse has moved instead of the item under the pointer when the mouse button is pressed.

Fixing that one small thing would be a big improvement.

Not nearly is important as shift click or cntrl click working in the spirit bank like it works in regular inventory.

control click in the spirt bank would be godly...

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

8 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

Not nearly is important as shift click or cntrl click working in the spirit bank like it works in regular inventory.

I'm willing to give them a little slack on spirit bank functionality while that's still a temporary system (though those would be really nice to have). Fixing drag-and-drop to work correctly will improve both, plus potentially is an issue in other parts of the UI (slotting skills comes to mind).

The other inventory UI that has needed fixing for a long time is the stack splitting of stacks in the right/bottom of inventory bringing up the dialog with buttons offscreen. Even knowing that's a problem, I still forget and hit that regularly.

I think the game is relatively fun for being incomplete, got a few changes in mind.

-UI looks amazing, but feels clunky to use sometimes.

-combat doesn't feel as impactful as it should. Make the monsters and character flinch and react more? bigger damage and heal numbers?

-map is hard to use and understand, and makes my pc lag a bit.

-overall performance is ehhh,,,, I got a 1060 and would like to be running at more than 40fps, but might be just my pc who knows.

that's about all I have for issues, hoping all this stuff gets sorted out and this game has a great concept.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:23 AM, Hyriol said:

I'm noticing a lot of new players being killed by the Sanctuary debuff around enemy gates.  It could use some better messaging than the standard debuff, which I guess they aren't noticing.  They're also unable to recover their items due to the changes in the resurrection system.  Is it possible to spawn their cairns outside the Sanctuary radius?

Also, have you played "Moving you to a safer location" Roulette recently? Here's how it works. A balance Brigand logs out with his character up on a rock, far from all monster spawns, all forts and outposts. On logging in he gets the "Moving you to a safer location" message, what fun! Yes! he has been moved right next to the Chaos Temple Gate and now have the Sanctuary debuff! Run, Balance Brigand, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !

1. Fine tune the definition of 'Safe Place' to trigger the character move. It seems a little paranoid right now!

2. Remove Enemy Temple gates as the definition of a 'Safe Place' 

I'm just…. totally baffled. I just came back from a long break. A loooong break. We're talking over a YEAR ago. And what's changed? A lot. Anything for the better? Ehhhhh…. not really.

I was playing another game and thought, "Hey, whatever happened to crowfall? That up-and-coming game from years ago that... well, is still supposedly up-and-coming? Why did I stop playing?"

So I downloaded, I played, and I remembered:

There's no reason to play!

Fist off, on log in, I can't make good armor, I can make good tools, and the only way to get there is to... wait. So, I guess I'll log out, wait a week, spend my points, then play. You don't even have a basic mechanic for someone to want to play your game! Literally the most basic, yet important, function! Your game is pvp-centric. That's great! Fantastic! But a large portion of your playerbase will want to be gatherer/crafter centric, such as me. I dabble in pvp, but it's not what I enjoy most. Hardcore pvp games are my favorite, but I enjoy being the gatherer/crafter gearing up the guild/faction, harvesting with the risk of being ganked.

Further:

"Oh man, it's been a year since I played! I should try out the Frostweaver finally!"..... oh, you still haven't done that? And you're releasing... last I heard 2019.... no way. 

I've played so many (actually playable) betas, fun betas, that were out a year before release and sooooo much better polished than this. Few bugs? Certainly. Sometimes laggy because they ACTUALLY HAD PEOPLE PLAYING THEIR BETAS, yes. 

Look, the throne war concept is superb, resets and all. A "catch up" point system for those who can't play all the time? Great! Your combat/gathering/multibar system? Not great. Having to change bars to fight, then to gather, then to fight, isn't fantastic. It's super clunky. Changing between melee and ranged? Sure, no problem, but I should just be able to click on a node and harvest it, let's be honest. Equip a tool of each type into a slot, click a node, and the appropriate tool is used. Not a difficult concept. 

I don't mean to get down on you, but after coming back from a year I could not notice ANY IMPROVEMENTS to the game. I do not see anything as being closer to a finished product. THAT is a very scary truth, that in one year, a user can't see improvement.

All that said, I'm not giving up yet. So what's next? Well, first off, I'm going to wait a week for my pips to cumulate, since there is no benefit to actually playing the game, and see if its more fun when I come back. If it's not, i'll wait another year and see if this game is more polished, or still a lump of coal in the bottom of my grill after a cookout.

(oh, and can I please keep my autorun going while I use a map, have my bags open, or [God forbid] use the chat? Can there really be zero multitasking in this game?)

Edited by DeathsBlossom
wanted to add the last ()

Hey folks and @vkromas @jtoddcoleman, have a bit of feedback for you around sieging in 5.9x from the perspective of a smaller guild but a very active one. Currently sieging is extremely defenders oriented for a couple key reasons, and it is making sieging without an overwhelming force pretty arduous. There are two primary contributing factors to this problem:

First, balistas need to be looked at. Currently the fire AOE they shoot out creates no visible ground AoE but ticks for thousands of damage. If you do not instantly react to your health going down during the fight you will likely die without healer intervention, and even with healer intervention if you don't instantly run out of it you're in big trouble. You can check this out in action in YUMX's Slaughter of Kurro WarStory, I've linked directly to the part of the video that demonstrates this. There is a red circle AOE for the attacker, but nothing for the defender, and you can watch many players die to this bug.

The Fire AOE is a unique and great mechanic for it's purpose, but it also is being used for what I think are unintended purposes that really stall out sieges. Which brings me to my next point of feedback on balistas - they should not be able to fire into your own keep. Currently the prevailing strategy on defense is to have a group of stealthers on defence spread out around the keep walls after the wall has been breached, holding onto MKIV balistas and waiting for the attackers to commit to an entry path to the tree of life. These evasive characters will place balista along the walls as the defenders push in, or when they have sight on them, and dump fire AOEs and healing boxes onto the clashing forces. This destroys the offence unless they can crush these players spread out across the entire keep before burning to death, and it strongly benefits the defending team to fight under the cover of balista fire into their own keep (standing in healing and damage circles is currently the strongest way to survive and fight). You can secure a single area of the keep but it's a losing battle to the combined might of the fire AOE and the defensive forces positioned favourably already. If balistas can only fire outward (as they do in real life) this would save a lot of balista headaches.

The second thing, which is less oppressive but still bad, is the defenders rez advantage on defence. I believe that the defenders should have an advantage around resurrecting during a siege, but currently it is way too forgiving for the defenders. As it stands right now, even if you breach at the dragon statue, the defence has MANY opportunities to continuously reinforce their line after dying while the offence often has 5+ minute run backs after dying if a res is not possible (which it often isn't, due to the number of archers and the fact that the defenders can still fight you). The typical flow for our successful breaches looks a bit like this.

• Breach the wall after defending our siege equipment. Hope that the defence loses players to start up the longer respawn timers.
  • Enter the keep and begin clearing out balistas that are being spammed while being poked at by the defence. This gives them time to setup blight bomb traps, spread people out around the walls. Hope we haven't lost too many people to bugged fire AOE or the defenders.
  • Once we feel relatively safe on a particular entry vector, rush in with our whole force and hope we can win the tree of life fight. This means committing forces that can no longer clear out balistas, placing our own that aren't being threatened by archer fire, and hoping we can catch the defence in our own firebox from the 1 - 2 balistas we have space to put down. There are tons of counter play to this strategy by the defence, outside of the archer advantage and their ability to fight us in the first place in an even matchup between the two forces.
  • We attempt to win the fight on the tree of life through fire AOEs and the defenders abilities and the archers. Killing a tree of life takes time with pesky defenders healing it and killing us. If we kill defenders, they rez and are back in the fight in a minute without death shroud and right beside their allies. If we die, that player is likely out for the rest of that push.
  • If we start to lose the fight, we need to immediately back up to the bane tree. Retreating is a good way to lose straggling players in the keep. On a lost push we often don't have enough time to try again before our respawns make it back to the fight, and we are forced to fight on the banetree with a reduced force. Our time becomes a lot more precious when only a single bane tree spawns as well which is a common bug.
  • On the banetree fight. If we kill their players, they respawn very quickly and can reinforce the fight - we usually kill 1 - 2 players every 30~ seconds against an organized force which means a minute respawn timer isn't always enough to actually gain a numbers advantage and meaningfully push them back. This gets worse as we lose players, because they are 5+ minutes out from reinforcing us, whereas the defenders are back in the fight within 1 - 2 minutes.

The assaults we've won this campaign are a result of one of two things:

1. An overwhelming force. We crush the defence with numbers and gear and they can't react in time before we take the tree.
  2. A huge tactical error on the part of the defenders. Wiping them out on the bane tree very quickly, they all die to a firebox, they don't realize they can spam balistas, etc.

I'd suggest either increasing the respawn timer on fly back for rezzing, increase it when as siege is active, or make it ramp up faster in severity while siege is active. There are a ton of ways to fix these gameplay problems, but overall this is much better than the previous death shroud mechanics that could be easily circumvented.

TL;DR

• Balista fireboxes need to show a ground AOE for the enemy + an animation for the shot.
  • Balistas should only be able to fire out of the keep or on a sharper angle, so that you can't fire into your own keep.
  • Balistas shouldn't be able to be placed by the attacking force on a defenders keep.
  • Defenders have too significant a res advantage and stalling advantage against attackers.
  • I love you longtime.