Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.92.0 Feedback Reports for 6/6/2019

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Correct. I was specifically talking about grind to pvp. 

If Harvesting and Crafting were going to be important, then they were always going to matter to PvP.

IhhQKY6.gif

I really want this game to be good. But I think from what I have played so far, it's going to go the way of Shadowbane. Hopefully when it is released it will be better. As it is right now, Crowfall is just another MMO in the infant sea of MMO's out there. It doesn't offer anything that makes it worth playing. It would be nice if say for instance, you fight your way up to the top of or the middle of a NPC camp and there is some kind of treasure up there.  There is no reason to explore this game. I just go out, farm for hours, make items, go kill NPC's repeat. Maybe do so pvp and that's it. Anyways that's just my impression of the game so far. Like I said, I really want this game to be good and I will continue playing it here and there until it is released. Hopefully you guys can find a way to spice up the game play and make it draw people away from other games.

18 hours ago, Jah said:

If Harvesting and Crafting were going to be important, then they were always going to matter to PvP.

As I said repeatedly in this conversation, I am not referring to the grind for harvesting and crafting, but specifically the grind required to even access basic class combat skills. IE, the abortion that is leveling in this game.

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

As I said repeatedly in this conversation, I am not referring to the grind for harvesting and crafting, but specifically the grind required to even access basic class combat skills. IE, the abortion that is leveling in this game.

You said "I was under the impression crowfall was always promoted as a pvp throne war mmo in which there wouldn't be leveling and grind to be able to pvp." and that is what I replied to.

If by "leveling and grind" you meant "specifically leveling," I am sorry, I misunderstood.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

If by "leveling and grind" you meant "specifically leveling," I am sorry, I misunderstood.

Fair enough, I can see how you read it that way. I should have been even more specific and worded it differently.

Skinning animations are slower than other harvesting animations. This results in not being able to do some of the harvest pip combos that are possible with other forms of harvesting. For example, others can do a 4-1-3 / 4-3-1 combo in the time given with the 7 second 4-pip heightened harvest while that's not possible with the slower skinning animation. Yet another thing making skinning more painful than other harvesting.

Posted (edited)

The new respawn mechanics are really good, but they are oppressive for attackers in forts and keeps.  I'm here to talk about forts primarily though.

The dragon statue in a fort is literally in the perfect spot for the defenders to stall for their friends to come back to life.  Now that you don't have Death Shroud when you revive at a dragon statue any fight for a fort that has a long initial engagement will drag out forever.  Especially if the defending force outnumbers the attackers but cannot kill the attackers.  It is easy to be unable to actually win a fight as the attacker just because you cannot make significant enough ground before players begin to trickle back into the conflict by reviving at the dragon statue.  There needs to be some protection in place that mitigates this issue.

Edited by Hungry

Feature request: At character selection, when viewing characters that are in a campaign, show the name of the zone they are in. Would also be nice if it would show their location on the map when viewing that campaign's map.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, Snorbot said:

Skinning animations are slower than other harvesting animations. This results in not being able to do some of the harvest pip combos that are possible with other forms of harvesting. For example, others can do a 4-1-3 / 4-3-1 combo in the time given with the 7 second 4-pip heightened harvest while that's not possible with the slower skinning animation. Yet another thing making skinning more painful than other harvesting.

Skinning is just a 'bonus' as per ACE. They don't consider it in the same category as other harvesting.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:42 AM, mystafyi said:

Skinning is just a 'bonus' as per ACE. They don't consider it in the same category as other harvesting.

And yet it is a major requirement for most Ranger, Druid and Fessor Armour plus Weapons, Plate, Mail and Shields. I rarely have enough Leather to craft Blue armour as there is such a requirement for Padded and Stitched Leather. And yes, i am fully trained and using +45 to +55 knives. The time needed to invest in Skinning vs Mining has been noted elsewhere but it makes me want to cry. I don't want to cry. Don't make me cry. OK, I'm crying now.

Squishy Leather wearers need more protection, not less !

How about showing skinners some temporary love and doubling the crit amount until Skinning Motherlodes are in. Or alternatively making more of the raid bosses drop a blend of blue and purple leather.

Ground targeted AoE spells should not be locking onto players or NPCs, seems like half the time I'm using one someone will walk in front of me and it lands directly at my feet instead of where I was aiming. It's supposed to be ground targeted so let me target the ground.

Necromancy feedback

The Rogue hand is basically useless because no one gets close to the critical damage cap. (rogues don't spike int)

If it was a Crit Strike/hit cap increase it would be immensely useful as its EASY to hit the crit strike cap on a Blue vessel.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

• Night capping is still determining the outcome of campaigns.
  • Whoever is willing to stand in the highest number of mind-numbingly-boring outpost circles and stay awake until 6am capping forts is winning. 
  • There are too many outposts in the game, reduce the number by 75%

14 hours ago, Phr00t said:
  • Whoever is willing to stand in the highest number of mind-numbingly-boring outpost circles and stay awake until 6am capping forts is winning. 

What this results in is a small number of people (3-5) generating the bulk of a faction's score by avoiding any PVP when the total server population is around 10.

I'll also add that keep sieges occurring every single night continues to be a problem that is burning out your players.

The siege timers on forts can make for fun times when player numbers are high and everyone is fired up for a fight. I'd wager that there has been more blood shed over NA's Soldier's Fort in this campaign than during all the keep sieges combined.

That said, it's not without problems.

Sitting in a fort for an hour waiting for an attack that may or may not happen is not fun. The toast message needs to happen before the enemy breaches the walls and is standing in the circle.

There is no real incentive for an attacker to capture a fort until the last possible minute; capping it early just means you need to defend it until the window closes.

Damaged walls need to be repairable or regenerate. Destroyed walls can be rebuilt, but damaged ones stay that way.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Sitting in a fort for an hour waiting for an attack that may or may not happen is not fun. The toast message needs to happen before the enemy breaches the walls and is standing in the circle.

Agree. Guards should give toast messages when they aggro enemy players. This should apply for ALL guards. The popup toast messages in the middle of your screen might get spammy so a separate chat channel for toast messages. 

There is no real incentive for an attacker to capture a fort until the last possible minute; capping it early just means you need to defend it until the window closes.

I don't agree 100% with this. While it would be really boring to sit there for a full hour waiting on an attack the incentive to capture a fort earlier in the window is to have the guards on your side when you get towards the end of the window. Attack a fort while it's more lightly defended and get the defenders advantage on your side for the final fight. 

You also have to consider the capture bonus pool that you'd get for capturing it earlier in the window that you'd deny the other attacking faction. Minor in the scheme of things but points tick every 15 minutes so you'd also get a couple more point ticks if you capture earlier in the window. 

Better notifications play hand in hand with this. If you're able to do things near the fort and have enough time to respond to an attack it would be less boring. 

If/when we get a larger map then you also have to consider time for the fight at a fort to wrap up, everyone to rez and regroup, then travel time to the next fort, etc. so I think a 1 hour window is about right. 

Damaged walls need to be repairable or regenerate. Destroyed walls can be rebuilt, but damaged ones stay that way.

Agree

Edited by blazzen

On 7/10/2019 at 11:45 PM, PaleOne said:

Necromancy feedback

The Rogue hand is basically useless because no one gets close to the critical damage cap. (rogues don't spike int)

If it was a Crit Strike/hit cap increase it would be immensely useful as its EASY to hit the crit strike cap on a Blue vessel.

My blue combat vessels have been crit damage capped, even overcapped with vessels. I'm at 210, confessor.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, Phr00t said:

For some players they are capping during their morning/daytime/evening. Telling them they can’t contribute because it’s not the common playtime isn’t fair  

Easiest way to address this is combine the EU and NA servers. Especially if EU is going to be over on NA competing. 

Make outposts have value besides points like benefical harvest to the parcel or need to take a certain amount to open up forts for siege.

Bringing the servers together would also mean needing to have keep sieges staggered more. And I agree there should not be nightly keep sieges. So there would need to be balance there between the regions timing wise. 

ACE needs to deliver on JTC's solution for night capping.  What was the ratio for off-peak? 1/8th the player base is on off-peak and prime time. 

JTC said they would reduce off peak captures greatly and then never did.  We got fort windows, but the windows are all equal 2 per hour 24/7.

ACE needs to finally deliver on the night capting solution and significantly cut the amount of points awarded in off peak hours.

Campaigns are decided by a handful of players per faction and their willingness/ability to log in and cap while people sleep or are at work.