Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

ACE Q&A for June - Official discussion thread

Creative Director J. Todd Coleman and Design Director Thomas Blair covered a lot of Crowfall® ground during our live stream

FULL STORY

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

It was nice to hear Todd acknowledge the problems we're seeing, but without fixes, fewer and fewer of us are willing to test.   The fact that we can't get disciplines for green or rarer vessels at all any more is pretty harsh.  Having all the rare drops gated behind RNG rolls with very low chances is miserable.  It's not like I have 90 (or even 5) guildmates helping get stuff for my crafters - so my chances are pretty tiny.

Crowfall's kickstarter funded in March 2015.  I've tested every build, every patch since then.  There have been patches where 26s lag spikes (bigworld 3.0) made it almost impossible to play, but we persevered.  With 5.9, even the hardcore testers don't want to persevere any more.

If you manage to fix the problems that make us think the game is too grindy, and implement the dregs ruleset, you should get a decent bump in testers - how we react to the dregs is going to make or break crowfall.  I hope you get it right, and that it comes soon.

11 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

It was nice to hear Todd acknowledge the problems we're seeing, but without fixes, fewer and fewer of us are willing to test.   The fact that we can't get disciplines for green or rarer vessels at all any more is pretty harsh.  Having all the rare drops gated behind RNG rolls with very low chances is miserable.  It's not like I have 90 (or even 5) guildmates helping get stuff for my crafters - so my chances are pretty tiny.

If only they controlled the drop rates and could change them from 0.01% to 500% chance or put in vendors that had green+ disciplines and crafting supplies or whatever random things they continue to add that are part of an incomplete master plan. When the people creating something have no control over such things :rolleyes: No no no, lets just acknowledge the issue and say some distant update or missing feature will make it all better.

Maybe 2 seconds after they said but all drops of discs are blue I noticed a clustercustard. Anyone else notice a clustercustard? I thie the custardlecutersducks are a coming.

why does leveling keep getting harder and harder? stop nerfing our sac items, we keep telling you every update DONT MAKE US LEVEL MORE, STOP NERFING and all you do is nerf, can we please see who is putting these ideas forth at the company meetings and who is implementing them making this supposed pvp game a pve grind because you should be working on wow, not this niche pvp mmo

If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

"What happens if one <DESIGN>team rises above and beyond all of the others to the point that they are insurmountable, causing other players to quit due to the custard grind given poorly made socks content?"

Fixt!

I used to have great faith...... that is about done now. It's painfully obvious that no one in the company has a clue.... or they don't care and are working to pawn it off. No one actually plays the game. 20+ million dollar budget, 60 people playing 4+ years in development. .. spin it any way you want.. this is becoming a failure.....there needs to be a shakeup in design and direction. Think of it, If I would have asked JTodd and GWalton if they would be happy with 60 people playing four years in, they would have looked at me like i had a third eye in my forehead. Truth.

Every change that comes down the pike is viewed as negative..... 

I don't know what you are hearing in the private contributor forums, if it's an echo chamber of the entitled, or if they are bitching as hard as me.. but...

I feel like I'm watching this project go down the tubes at this point because lesser people with no grounding or understanding have been entrusted to make decisions that are above their level of competency. Every bad review or experience spreads exponentially. 

Great patch guys!

Posted (edited)

I think in the Q&A they addressed some good topics regarding their current difficulties. More specifically, they wanted to make the testing accessible with the disciplines and remove some of those barriers with what they called "interdependency". I think with the game's release we would all benefit from the challenges with exploring the world and acquiring rare items, but for a testing phase it has seemed unsuccessful. I've seen a lot of comments with how its just too difficult to test the mechanics of the game. 

Moreover, Todd talked about how it is difficult to appeal to the kickstarted community. I can understand those difficulties with having your investors over such a large span of people - all awaiting new patches and a playable game. I'm not a game director, but I certainly take his word for it. (I certainly understand his prioritizing larger obstacles instead of class fixes). 

Finally, the information regarding the Dregs is really refreshing. Honestly that is when I see myself being involved in the game again, is when we have the ability to roam the world and place cities and destroy other cities (all while raiding and pillaging caravans along the way). 

Edited by ilogos