• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sasuke8253

General Opinions

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, Sasuke8253 said:

Hello, I was wondering what you guys think of this game before I consider buying. I was hoping with more of a PvP review but feel free to comment on PvE aspects as well. Thank you!

It is not a finished game yet, if u want to support the vision buy it. If u  want a finished pvp game u should wait and try other games until this one is ready to go.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:26 PM, Sasuke8253 said:

Hello, I was wondering what you guys think of this game before I consider buying. I was hoping with more of a PvP review but feel free to comment on PvE aspects as well. Thank you!

Don't consider it a game going into it. Consider it a tech/feature demo. For a great number of reasons related to development, testing, and the general fickleness of things you might experience frustration as its not what you might expect. Fun is going to be more of a happy little accident when it comes up more than something you're going to expect 100% of the time. Every time I load up, its out of curiosity or getting a small goal done, or try something out.

It has a great vision and potential, but its not like you're jumping into a developed product with only a few months left to release. This is the early stage stuff that likely won't be a finished product for several more years. If you're still interested then I'd say do it.

If you are interested in playing Crowfall - there are a couple things to consider that will ultimately weigh the heaviest on your choice to fork over some dough to ArtCraft and take part in the gameplay within the live environment.

1. Crowfall is in the Alpha stages. If you are not entirely sure what to expect in testing a game this early in development, you may want to. Even if you have tested other games in their Alpha stages, it's important to remember that whether you like where the game is and or where it is going, don't be mad. Feedback (whether negative or positive) is essential to the title’s development. So, if you see something that you feel can be improved upon, check the forums and see if it's on the agenda. If not - say something. Help contribute to potentially make the title everything that you could hope it to be.

2. Crowfall really is a PvP focused title. In my opinion, I would not even go as far as to say it is a PvPvE type genre no matter how hard ArtCraft tries to tie that aspect into the overall experience. If you’re playing Crowfall, your either playing it because you’re out for blood, or your’re supporting your faction via gathering and crafting (which I find is quite involving and has a lot of potential to be very robust and unique, giving you a personalized sense of creativity) as the deterioration system in Crowfall dictates a consistent need for crafters and harvesters. Taking building into consideration, you may play Crowfall for the ability to build out your personal Kingdom, however it's unlikely and you will still need crafters and harvesters to support that kind of development. If you’re interested in it for any other reason, feel free and I hope you enjoy it - but you may find yourself fighting to find a reason to keep playing before long.

3. If you enjoy solo play... you can... but more than likely you are going to find yourself forced to rely on others to accomplish your end goals.

With all of that being said, I can tell you that I truly enjoy the game - for the good and for the bad. ArtCraft has a great idea and they are most definitely in hot pursuit of delivery. Play it in Alpha for what it’s worth (even in Alpha it has quite a bit to keep you busy), enjoy what you can, and stay involved if it’s something you find has potential.

** On a side note and in my honest opinion, the community itself is extremely helpful and ArtCraft does a fantastic job of keeping the community current with what’s happening at the studio. It may not always be what people want to hear, but they keep it real, stay on task, and just keep digging. Multiple weekly updates, monthly live-streams - I really could not ask for more.

e11pNDVOxS.png?width=550&height=100&sele

Co-Founder and Managing Director of |BAD| Better After Dark

Better After Dark Website          <>          Better After Dark Discord