Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Item Rewards - Official discussion thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Dakoth said:

You just used a straw man to defend your stance.

the quotes I used were from the devs article. By design crafted gear will only be “slightly better.” So the gear you will be putting out by design will only be slightly better, and the player will not only have to pay for it but actually have to actively search for it.

No I didn't.  That extra 20 percent or whatever it turns out to be can be very impactful plus I plan to be reeeaaallly cheap.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and one last thing @ACE …. what about removing race/class restrictions..IE: Keep all the racial benefits as implemented, but say let us play a fae knight or a guine champ or a half(oh god)giant assassin for more mix just don't let the oddballs get the racials, some of us would def work outa a meta for that sorta thing, and would shake things up...is that fae gonna runaway in stealth or wait he just pulled a sword n shield...we got a fight...or am I just blowing smoke on this one?

Edited by Nextelum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Nextelum said:

K so I lied.....but for the better I think.

im gonna drop a lot of different things here in this post as its drawing ALOT of attention.(yes im shameless)

1) MR COLEMAN: take a break dude take a week off or so you have def earned it. ive watched posts of you 3-4? years back near the begining. WTF Happened, I can see the stress and the frustration, hell ALL OF ACE NEEDS A WEEK FREE!. I for one wont gripe...giver.

2)MR BLAIR:Dude how da **** do you keep the math going? KUDO'S. but....(see below) imo(that's all it is) you need to make crafting easier and more viable. I appreciate the grind...but (imo) todays society dosent want old school grind(cept in dregs were it will really count) we want fast n easy(IM NOT ONE!, I LIKE THE GRIND!...just sayin) taking out the 9 layers was awesome but now they(we) have to "farm" war tribes to get the good stuff...maybe not so good.

3) Pann(sorry ill dig up your real name as you have also "earned my respect" 500 coins per war story was an awesome idea.....but....(imo) not enough to generate what you were trying to achieve. Im not sure who is behind the lore...but more "definitive" lore would be awesome, I consider myself a creative writer, and have stuff "published and floating on the ether" and would LOVE to do a written concept of some things(at this point ill say no more, intellectual rights and all that bs)...but need more. So what if you let the founders/backers in on it and hold a contest or something, where we(the players) offer up concepts(im sure there are peeps that would blow me outta the water with ideas) and you as the Devs pick an choose and offer a "unique" reward that can ONLY be earned in this fashion.

4)I'm rambling...yes im aware but plz bear with

5) The rest of ACE...plz thank your bosses for bringing you on this journey...what an epic ride!. And I for one thank you for helping and making this all possible (ya im brown nosing but credit is due where its deserved)

SO WITH THAT ALL SAID...TO THE MEAT OF THE MATTER.....

I said….

I also said.....

 

and last but not least I also said...….

 

k so here I go...

1) if we had a gold sink economy, I think it would make low end crafting worth doing. for example: I like to craft, but with passive skill training(barring multiple accounts) dosent make this a fun thing, without a reward system. so if I could "sell" my "white and or green" items to a "NPC" vendors for a few gp(say 2 gp for a white tool). NOW I get rewarded for crafting those low end items, not much but its something, and us gamers will do a lot for a lil as long as there is "some profit" involved.

2)This is a continuation of 1: make all the "junk" we make/find/gather.... have value...any value in a way that will in the "long run" benefit those who persevere. Not just salvage, but as a "monetary value"...why?...you ask?....ask the pvpers who can sell junk for gold. ask the crafters who made 500 runepicks to get those 20 op picks that blows your mind. Ask the Harvesters who now have a reason to farm white mats. This will generate an ever flowing economy that fits hand in glove with the"Random Loot" drops...which as Mr Coleman stated......allows pvpers and the like to not to "HAVE" to wait on other guild members to do stuff so they can play. IE: stuff will be harvested all over the maps(random pvp?) as now they are rewarded for doing so(again not much...but its a reward :) )and not just r7+ I mean low enders can hit r3's(low end pvp in random spots?) and get something for it..again not much but hey its "something". Those sets of basic armour and weapons and stuff? Crafters go hog, cause now you get paid for it without having to wait to sell(you will take a hit ..but something is more then nothing..am I right?)(also ties into low end pvp) see where im wandering off to? we as players will jump in balls deep for some sorta setup like this...why? Because no matter "WHAT" we are doing in game we benefit in a way that gives us...wait for it....PURPOSE....to do these things.

and now for 3...(I feel the stare's)(I sense the weapons being readied)...but I will not back off......so first complaint I can see: AUCTION HOUSE?????? ARE YOU STUPID?....maybe..but lets run with this for a second....IF and ONLY IF its a materials ONLY auction house then IMO this gives a reason to SPECIALIZE into harvesting...as now your product reaches a LARGER market.

WHAT MARKET ARE YOU RANTING ABOUT? well if in Factions we had an auction house in our temple.....harvesters don't have to wait on crafters to make money, crafters can get what they need ...WHEN they need....for a price....and then "make stuff "to sell to npc vendors"for a slight mark up value to make it "worth it" and better yet now there is competition for the "high" end mats. Now take it to the next step...set up a universal AH in "free" city so now enemy harvesters can compete for their goods(ARE U INSANE????? SELL TO THE ENEMY???) ...well yes and no...see what if your playing chaos faction and not a lot of harvesters are active? what if ORDER is going HAM in the gully's in 10 man harvesting grps(pvp anyone)rather then let order uncle bob you in the resource department, now they can sell their goods and make money. (BUT HOW DOES THAT HELP CHAOS?) well now if they(chaos) are combat heavy as a faction then they can farm war tribes(pvp anyone) and sell the junk for money that then in turn can be used to "buy" mats that can be given to crafters to craft gear.....and we know that the stock brokers are lurking so now you generate an auction house war...which generates movability of product. BUUUUUT (how many saw this coming >:) ) in order to "use" the AH in "free city" you HAVE to transport them thr(the goods that is)(pvp anyone).

BUT WTF ABOUT THE PLAYER VENDORS???????....what about them? They are only improved not hindered by all of this. If the AH is MATERIAL BASED ONLY! ...how does this affect the player driven crafting economy? IMO...sets it on fire with a healthy dose of WAHOO...lets grind......PVPERS making gold just killing and looting...but they want the "GOOD" gear not some random drop(min/maxers unite)well that gold they "earn" from farming plus all the other good stuff can now also be used to "buy" the good stuff without locking the crafters to a small market. This in turn validates the harvesting market. WITHOUT damaging the player crafting economy. Everyone wins, no waiting, sense of purpose, WANTING to play now, HAVING a reason to play now, can I generate player interest from this...CUSTERED YA!, maybe even INCREASE (god forbid) the player base?..YUP(IMO), harvesters happy?..check, crafters happy? check, pvpers happy?...check, players happy? check. :)

and now for the hammer >:)

what the EFF about embargo etc?

well ALL of the above mentioned CAN BE DONE IN CAMP! gives purpose to the camp, keeps and forts keep them viable as the crafting centers...…..forces transportation of goods in game...pvp anyone?

WHAT ABOUT END OF CAMP?? and you still have not answered on the embargo part!!!!!!

FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!!! so first the embargo aspect.....don't change anything imo DEVS you have the ball run with it. pvp anyone? buuuuut with a twist. First any "goods/Matts" etc that players want still must follow the embargo rules to "get" them outta camp and into ek. EZ.

BUT THE EKS ARNT WORTH IT IF THE IMPORT/EXPORT RULE SET is implemented.

o.0 :)now the twist......ANY "gold" EARNED during the campaign gets a "free" pass outta camp.

THAT HAS TO BE THE MOST IDIOTIC IDEA I HAVE HEARD ...EVER!

Why? ...you just made the ENTIRE EK ECONOMY VIABLE!!!!!!...think about it....first off player ek vendors sell both mats and gear and ,well everything.

gold changes hands

those that used up their embargo slots to bring the good stuff out of camp?...now have a reason to make vendors...to sell their loot...to make gold...to spend on stuff....for the next camp.....rinse repeat.....DEVS win...Players win....GAME WINS....imo, my very very humble opinion.

and FEAR NOT! I see the foaming at the mouth starting...with ALL this gold flying around.....certain "players" will be able to out level the "main flock" generating an imbalance in game play......my turn....are u daft?....just take gold outta the xp equation...full stop. Gives more meaning to harvesting.oh and crafting oh and pvp and sacrificing items?...still viable...even more so now. oh and killing crafting and harvesting each gen thr own xp values? WHY THEN USE GOLD TO XP?

thank you for reading my rant if your still here.....I only did this for love of the game...plz if I missed anything fire away.

grammer Nazis be gentle

haters be diplomatic

DEVS keep the dream alive :)

players TY for with out us this would not be a thing :)

You know what, I like your energy, and think you got some decent ideas.
But even if I didn't I still like that you're talking about these things. Please keep talking and encouraging healthy discussion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pathfinder05 said:

I don't thing developing world pvp much more now will be good target. Economy development need Market place that players can buy/sell and need gathers and crafters , so players can go and enjoy pvp world. Many players specially new players will start in pve zones and old players will enjoy pvp and they will have to go pve for gathering. I recommend to add contents and activities in PVE zone sooner is better for Growth of the Community.😮

I agree there is a vital need in prioritizing certain aspects of development in certain steps and phases. Something I hope is remedied and communicated between the Devs and their foundational supporters (Us, the players and backers, in case someone wasn't sure who I was talking about here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nextelum said:

K so I lied.....but for the better I think.

im gonna drop a lot of different things here in this post as its drawing ALOT of attention.(yes im shameless)

1) MR COLEMAN: take a break dude take a week off or so you have def earned it. ive watched posts of you 3-4? years back near the begining. WTF Happened, I can see the stress and the frustration, hell ALL OF ACE NEEDS A WEEK FREE!. I for one wont gripe...giver.

2)MR BLAIR:Dude how da **** do you keep the math going? KUDO'S. but....(see below) imo(that's all it is) you need to make crafting easier and more viable. I appreciate the grind...but (imo) todays society dosent want old school grind(cept in dregs were it will really count) we want fast n easy(IM NOT ONE!, I LIKE THE GRIND!...just sayin) taking out the 9 layers was awesome but now they(we) have to "farm" war tribes to get the good stuff...maybe not so good.

3) Pann(sorry ill dig up your real name as you have also "earned my respect" 500 coins per war story was an awesome idea.....but....(imo) not enough to generate what you were trying to achieve. Im not sure who is behind the lore...but more "definitive" lore would be awesome, I consider myself a creative writer, and have stuff "published and floating on the ether" and would LOVE to do a written concept of some things(at this point ill say no more, intellectual rights and all that bs)...but need more. So what if you let the founders/backers in on it and hold a contest or something, where we(the players) offer up concepts(im sure there are peeps that would blow me outta the water with ideas) and you as the Devs pick an choose and offer a "unique" reward that can ONLY be earned in this fashion.

4)I'm rambling...yes im aware but plz bear with

5) The rest of ACE...plz thank your bosses for bringing you on this journey...what an epic ride!. And I for one thank you for helping and making this all possible (ya im brown nosing but credit is due where its deserved)

SO WITH THAT ALL SAID...TO THE MEAT OF THE MATTER.....

I said….

I also said.....

 

and last but not least I also said...….

 

k so here I go...

1) if we had a gold sink economy, I think it would make low end crafting worth doing. for example: I like to craft, but with passive skill training(barring multiple accounts) dosent make this a fun thing, without a reward system. so if I could "sell" my "white and or green" items to a "NPC" vendors for a few gp(say 2 gp for a white tool). NOW I get rewarded for crafting those low end items, not much but its something, and us gamers will do a lot for a lil as long as there is "some profit" involved.

2)This is a continuation of 1: make all the "junk" we make/find/gather.... have value...any value in a way that will in the "long run" benefit those who persevere. Not just salvage, but as a "monetary value"...why?...you ask?....ask the pvpers who can sell junk for gold. ask the crafters who made 500 runepicks to get those 20 op picks that blows your mind. Ask the Harvesters who now have a reason to farm white mats. This will generate an ever flowing economy that fits hand in glove with the"Random Loot" drops...which as Mr Coleman stated......allows pvpers and the like to not to "HAVE" to wait on other guild members to do stuff so they can play. IE: stuff will be harvested all over the maps(random pvp?) as now they are rewarded for doing so(again not much...but its a reward :) )and not just r7+ I mean low enders can hit r3's(low end pvp in random spots?) and get something for it..again not much but hey its "something". Those sets of basic armour and weapons and stuff? Crafters go hog, cause now you get paid for it without having to wait to sell(you will take a hit ..but something is more then nothing..am I right?)(also ties into low end pvp) see where im wandering off to? we as players will jump in balls deep for some sorta setup like this...why? Because no matter "WHAT" we are doing in game we benefit in a way that gives us...wait for it....PURPOSE....to do these things.

and now for 3...(I feel the stare's)(I sense the weapons being readied)...but I will not back off......so first complaint I can see: AUCTION HOUSE?????? ARE YOU STUPID?....maybe..but lets run with this for a second....IF and ONLY IF its a materials ONLY auction house then IMO this gives a reason to SPECIALIZE into harvesting...as now your product reaches a LARGER market.

WHAT MARKET ARE YOU RANTING ABOUT? well if in Factions we had an auction house in our temple.....harvesters don't have to wait on crafters to make money, crafters can get what they need ...WHEN they need....for a price....and then "make stuff "to sell to npc vendors"for a slight mark up value to make it "worth it" and better yet now there is competition for the "high" end mats. Now take it to the next step...set up a universal AH in "free" city so now enemy harvesters can compete for their goods(ARE U INSANE????? SELL TO THE ENEMY???) ...well yes and no...see what if your playing chaos faction and not a lot of harvesters are active? what if ORDER is going HAM in the gully's in 10 man harvesting grps(pvp anyone)rather then let order uncle bob you in the resource department, now they can sell their goods and make money. (BUT HOW DOES THAT HELP CHAOS?) well now if they(chaos) are combat heavy as a faction then they can farm war tribes(pvp anyone) and sell the junk for money that then in turn can be used to "buy" mats that can be given to crafters to craft gear.....and we know that the stock brokers are lurking so now you generate an auction house war...which generates movability of product. BUUUUUT (how many saw this coming >:) ) in order to "use" the AH in "free city" you HAVE to transport them thr(the goods that is)(pvp anyone).

BUT WTF ABOUT THE PLAYER VENDORS???????....what about them? They are only improved not hindered by all of this. If the AH is MATERIAL BASED ONLY! ...how does this affect the player driven crafting economy? IMO...sets it on fire with a healthy dose of WAHOO...lets grind......PVPERS making gold just killing and looting...but they want the "GOOD" gear not some random drop(min/maxers unite)well that gold they "earn" from farming plus all the other good stuff can now also be used to "buy" the good stuff without locking the crafters to a small market. This in turn validates the harvesting market. WITHOUT damaging the player crafting economy. Everyone wins, no waiting, sense of purpose, WANTING to play now, HAVING a reason to play now, can I generate player interest from this...CUSTERED YA!, maybe even INCREASE (god forbid) the player base?..YUP(IMO), harvesters happy?..check, crafters happy? check, pvpers happy?...check, players happy? check. :)

and now for the hammer >:)

what the EFF about embargo etc?

well ALL of the above mentioned CAN BE DONE IN CAMP! gives purpose to the camp, keeps and forts keep them viable as the crafting centers...…..forces transportation of goods in game...pvp anyone?

WHAT ABOUT END OF CAMP?? and you still have not answered on the embargo part!!!!!!

FULL STEAM AHEAD!!!!!! so first the embargo aspect.....don't change anything imo DEVS you have the ball run with it. pvp anyone? buuuuut with a twist. First any "goods/Matts" etc that players want still must follow the embargo rules to "get" them outta camp and into ek. EZ.

BUT THE EKS ARNT WORTH IT IF THE IMPORT/EXPORT RULE SET is implemented.

o.0 :)now the twist......ANY "gold" EARNED during the campaign gets a "free" pass outta camp.

THAT HAS TO BE THE MOST IDIOTIC IDEA I HAVE HEARD ...EVER!

Why? ...you just made the ENTIRE EK ECONOMY VIABLE!!!!!!...think about it....first off player ek vendors sell both mats and gear and ,well everything.

gold changes hands

those that used up their embargo slots to bring the good stuff out of camp?...now have a reason to make vendors...to sell their loot...to make gold...to spend on stuff....for the next camp.....rinse repeat.....DEVS win...Players win....GAME WINS....imo, my very very humble opinion.

and FEAR NOT! I see the foaming at the mouth starting...with ALL this gold flying around.....certain "players" will be able to out level the "main flock" generating an imbalance in game play......my turn....are u daft?....just take gold outta the xp equation...full stop. Gives more meaning to harvesting.oh and crafting oh and pvp and sacrificing items?...still viable...even more so now. oh and killing crafting and harvesting each gen thr own xp values? WHY THEN USE GOLD TO XP?

thank you for reading my rant if your still here.....I only did this for love of the game...plz if I missed anything fire away.

grammer Nazis be gentle

haters be diplomatic

DEVS keep the dream alive :)

players TY for with out us this would not be a thing :)

It was a wild ride :)  but I am fully on board with all your ideas.  In fact I was actually getting excited reading it.  :)  andand imagining it. :)  

Edited by Kianna_RuneMaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Good one Nex! These ideas would bring more flow the game economy and would ease the crafter/gatherer life! It would also be great if they add an NPC in freecity, temple and EK that could give information on goods sold by player vendors in the area, with filters. These local NPC (maybe a market cryer or something) would ease the search to find the goods you need  and go directly to the 2-3 vendors that are selling the things you are looking for. Players would still need to set up shop and maybe (or not if it's your EK) pay a fee to the cryer to have their stuff annonced.

This being said and as a maxed blacksmith and ore gatherer, I am ok with the ideas of dropped items. Played shadowbane quite a bit and that concept works, especially if they put it in right with the ability to salvage and sell this stuff. The dropped equipment just needs to be low dura and all will be good. Fact is leveling is getting harder especially if you're totally under equipped to do so (new players or solo players). Couple drops can help a player leveling and have decent items to fight mobs and to defend his position if the enemy arrives. It's no fun for a group of new players to endure the arrival of a fully equipped war party and see that they deal almost no damage to them. Even less fun if 4 new players get jumped by 1 skilled and equipped veteran while dealing almost no damage to him. At least, equipped in cheap blue, your group can retaliate and maybe even bring 1 or 2 enemy down if played right! Most of this cheap gear will break rather fast anyways. It is also good for the new player that wants to get involved in sieges. Yes, he'll be at 25% less effectiveness than the fully equipped war party but won't be completly useless. This will keep the new players in until they get strong enough to get involved in the player economy. Yes, there are still things to solve to integrate this change in the economy but it will make some frustrated player return to the game and well, more activity on the servers means more PVP and more economy for everyone!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pathfinder05 said:

I don't thing developing world pvp much more now will be good target. Economy development need Market place that players can buy/sell and need gathers and crafters , so players can go and enjoy pvp world. Many players specially new players will start in pve zones and old players will enjoy pvp and they will have to go pve for gathering. I recommend to add contents and activities in PVE zone sooner is better for Growth of the Community.😮

Not developing world PvP? It’s a PvP game! That’s got very little PvP in it. There are tons of pve games out there, we don’t need another. The market is saturated with them to the point it’s drowning itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

I don't believe it will.  I am already thinking of ways to avoid and minimize the damage these "gangs" will have on me.  Also I think this notion of "roaming gangs" ganking harvesters is being overblown.  Most people keep screaming they want "quality" pvp against a good opponent and many crafters are not set up to pvp and as such would not pose a challenge for someone truly wanting a pvp match so we shall see what happens.  sure there will be those out to gank.  hell I plan to gank a little on my combat toon but ultimately that will lose its appeal after a while because I want a challenge.  :)  either way we shall see :)  

I believe you are underestimating the player base. There is no greater reward than taking loot from a player's inventory you just killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Concern #2: "what happens right after a wipe?"

I agree with this concern.  This is a valid issue.  That said, I believe this is an issue that we already had, resurfacing: all of the top-tier items in the game are gated behind months of passive training.  This is definitely a problem with the current design, and once that I've been thinking about for some time (long before loot).  I have ideas for how I think we should address it, and of course I'm open to other ideas.  I absolutely agree that it needs to be resolved before launch.

Why is this a concern? It won't be part of the game, just part of testing. Shouldn't we be focusing on the actual game at this point and not issues caused by the fact that the game isn't released yet? How much time is going to be spent coming up with a solution to something that won't be an issue shortly after the actual launch of the game?

Is release still planned for this year at some point? We haven't heard anything in a while, and I thought we were supposed to be in Alpha long ago. If so, this is really a short term issue. If release isn't planned for this year then I think the bigger issue is that people are just getting tired of waiting. I'm patient and I understand that development takes time but people are coming in expecting this to be their main MMO now and then leaving because it's not done. It's going to be hard to bring a lot of those people back. Burning through your potential player base in a pre-release state seems like a bad idea. Trying to solve problems that are specific to that pre-release state and not the finished game seems like an even worse idea as it wastes resources and slows development.

21 hours ago, jtoddcoleman said:

Concern #4 (which I imagine is the most critical): "this means that crafters won't be important"

I absolutely understand that crafters are nervous that this will undercut their role in the game.  But there is a difference between being something being "important" to me, and forcing me to be 100% dependency on it.  Food is important.  Oxygen is critical.

We recognize this concern, and we're taking great pains to underscore the importance of crafting.  We aren't going to drop any legendary quality items.  Every attribute that can be found on a loot item can be created via crafting, but not vice versa.  Loot items are disposable; they are made to be used (and used up) very quickly.  They can be salvaged for resources and components.

We are putting these safeguards in place because our intention is still to keep dedicated crafters at the top of the economic food chain.  We want crafting to be a full game experience and parallel advancement path. 

However, we cannot go so far in this pursuit that we risk making a game that is literally broken for everyone else.  

Crafting (well, more the economy) isn't in a great place, honestly. The system itself is solid and making items can be fun... but how is the economy supposed to work? Who are crafters supposed to sell to? Previously crafters were necessary to keep a guild stocked with gear, but that's about it. Now, they need to make the occasional gear while people will just use the drops they get?

I'm a bit confused about what the expectation is here. Who are crafters supposed to sell to? How is the economy supposed to work? Crafters make gear for their guild but when, where, and why will crafters sell to people outside their guild? What is my incentive as a crafter to sell to people outside my guild since that just makes them stronger (this will be even worse in the dregs where you really don't want to supply your enemies with great gear and everyone outside your guild is essentially your enemy)? And if I did want to sell to my enemies, where am I putting a shop for them to access (again, especially in the dregs, which is my main focus)? 

And will full time crafters even be a thing? Originally, with item decay and all gear coming from crafters a crafter would be able to pump out tons of gear to sell as it was all needed. Failed rolls were still useful as some basic gear to wear around while saving the better gear for big fights. WIth item drops how often will players actually go buy from a crafter? What will happen to the gear that had some bad rolls since it now becomes essentially worse than the dropped items people can easily get?

The main reason I backed Crowfall on Kickstarter is because I was expecting a sandboxy experience in which there were a lot of valid paths and professions with a lot of interconnectivity. No one could be self sufficient on their own. Crafting, Harvesting, and Combat were all valid career paths. It seems now that combat is the valid career path and crafting/harvesting are side activities instead of full blown professions.


Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Svenn said:

The main reason I backed Crowfall on Kickstarter is because I was expecting a sandboxy experience in which there were a lot of valid paths and professions with a lot of interconnectivity. No one could be self sufficient on their own. Crafting, Harvesting, and Combat were all valid career paths. It seems now that combat is the valid career path and crafting/harvesting are side activities instead of full blown professions.

Well said on the whole post. This last nugget is especially true. Heck it’s become more efficient killing pve mobs for resources than actually harvesting the resources. And now those same mobs will drop gear also. Grindfall becoming just another mmo clone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Svenn said:

I'm a bit confused about what the expectation is here. Who are crafters supposed to sell to? How is the economy supposed to work? Crafters make gear for their guild but when, where, and why will crafters sell to people outside their guild? What is my incentive as a crafter to sell to people outside my guild since that just makes them stronger (this will be even worse in the dregs where you really don't want to supply your enemies with great gear and everyone outside your guild is essentially your enemy)? And if I did want to sell to my enemies, where am I putting a shop for them to access (again, especially in the dregs, which is my main focus)? 

This has long been a nagging concern of mine. It really comes down to how many players of what mindset make up the player base, what their personal goals are, and how much strategic value is attached to gold and treasure (or gold vs treasure?).

Factions CWs might play out much like the Rebels vs Imperials in SWG; everyone had to choose a side, but most players only looked at it as a rivalry if they cared at all, and were perfectly content to sell goods to anyone willing to pay for them. What passed for a ‘war’ there was closer to what we’d call a scrim.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, in the dregs even your closest ally is a potential rival. That could play out much like EvE where wars may rage in null sec and a war target’s ships are fair game anywhere, but credits know no allegiance inside Jita station. Or it could be a situation where no one will trade with anyone; provide for yourself, because no one else will.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VaMei said:

This has long been a nagging concern of mine. It really comes down to how many players of what mindset make up the player base, what their personal goals are, and how much strategic value is attached to gold and treasure (or gold vs treasure?).

Factions CWs might play out much like the Rebels vs Imperials in SWG; everyone had to choose a side, but most players only looked at it as a rivalry if they cared at all, and were perfectly content to sell goods to anyone willing to pay for them. What passed for a ‘war’ there was closer to what we’d call a scrim.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, in the dregs even your closest ally is a potential rival. That could play out much like EvE where wars may rage in null sec and a war target’s ships are fair game anywhere, but credits know no allegiance inside Jita station. Or it could be a situation where no one will trade with anyone; provide for yourself, because no one else will.

The beautiful thing about sandbox gameplay is that it’s rarely a straight this or that. You do what you have to to achieve your goals, what you do might be different from what the next guild over does. It’ll all come down what you can and/or want to do.


lPoLZtm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know why everyone crying is good for game and population mobs will drop some gear. then u have a enemy and pvp almost everyone playing for strong side. best side has best crafters what making only best gear for best side. what happened on other side no crafters no big guild still loosing - is good time to change side and go to best side .... on best side when will be CS it will be 2000 players  vs 100 (2000 legendary weapons vs 100 poor) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

i dont know why everyone crying is good for game and population mobs will drop some gear. then u have a enemy and pvp almost everyone playing for strong side. best side has best crafters what making only best gear for best side. what happened on other side no crafters no big guild still loosing - is good time to change side and go to best side .... on best side when will be CS it will be 2000 players  vs 100 (2000 legendary weapons vs 100 poor) 

pretty sure those drops won´t fix that issue.

also don´t think that it will keep players ingame. but we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

it will be a better feeling when you are dying and wearing blue armor than when you are dying and u has basic

i prefer the feeling of not dying 🤣

and dying in blue on a common vessel is still the same. join a guild and get equiped, that is how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, praelian said:

I believe you are underestimating the player base. There is no greater reward than taking loot from a player's inventory you just killed.

Yes there is.... Standing in the ashes of another guild's city after a four hour siege.


Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, soulein said:

Yes there is.... Standing in the ashes of another guild's city after a four hour siege.

^


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...