Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pathfinder05

LogIn and Active Players Rewards

I hope my post will get your attention. for the time being there is not that many testers or players online to play the game for various reasons. I would like the game to have  system that will reward  players by weekly or monthly for their activities.  Activities like kills mobs or crafting or gathering , when the player do any activity , he/she get points to open chests.😙

No thank you.

Save the login reward garbage for games that need to trick you in to logging in every day to shove microtransactions in your face.

You already get a reward for doing activities ingame. Its called loot. If that isn't enough, then that's the problem we need to fix.

If the game is not compelling enough as a holistic design to get people to log in, the correct response is to make it compelling enough. Pasting over a game that isn't enough fun to get people to log in with a wide brush full of bribes and chores doesn't make the game better, nor does it make the user experience better.

People should be able to take breaks from MMOs without feeling like they're gimping themselves. Login rewards are not fun. They're not a game play system. They do not make any game that uses them better. They're just an annoying chore with the sole purpose of psychologically manipulating the player's fear of missing out as a substitute for having something interesting enough to do they'd log in anyway.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

If the game is not compelling enough as a holistic design to get people to log in, the correct response is to make it compelling enough

^

100% agree. The reward for playing a game should be the enjoyment of having fun while playing the game and/or the satisfaction of whatever personal goals were achieved during your play time.

Daily login rewards are a tool of designers incorporating addiction principals into their game to pump numbers for their advertising sales and shoving micro-transactions at you that allow you to bypass content, while they make that content intentionally unfun.

Edited by VaMei

My point of you , from the post, that the rewards not effect the play-style or strength of the classes . The rewards only for Transmogs weapons and armors and Decorative for Kingdoms and stylish frame name .  The system even not mainly required players to be online daily. the system only require to collect points. 

The goal from that , with time  with coming months and years, new players will join the game and old players will not have showing they were Early in the game.

🐶

On 6/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, Pathfinder05 said:

My point of you , from the post, that the rewards not effect the play-style or strength of the classes . The rewards only for Transmogs weapons and armors and Decorative for Kingdoms and stylish frame name .  The system even not mainly required players to be online daily. the system only require to collect points. 

The goal from that , with time  with coming months and years, new players will join the game and old players will not have showing they were Early in the game.

🐶

We have that already. Its called campaign participation badges.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

With so many systems not implemented I would prefer to have all hands on deck getting a complete working game. There will be plenty of time later to pine over cosmetics. not a practical use of the Dev's time.