Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ilogos

Tying Disciplines and War Tribes

Hello, there has been a lot of posts and new topics regarding disciplines, loot drops, and RNG. With all that I have read the discipline drops are currently available from vendors (white quality), and there are plans to introduce disciplines in the future through RNG loot drops. There has been some debate on this, but it appears that there is consensus that this isn't a good way forward.

I wanted to start a discussion here on tying discipline drops to war tribes and specialized discipline mob drops. This isn't my idea, for one it was something ShadowBane had and mostly worked, it combines some of the initiative with War Tribes, and also brings together a thought floating around in a few other posts. Thanks for any feedback!

(For imagery, the War Tribes would roam around and occupy certain parcels, and in that "pack" of PvE npcs there is a named mob that drops a discipline 100% of the time. To make this work the War Tribes would have to happen a little more sporadically to keep a constant flow of disciplines in the economy. I feel like that would be exciting and would encourage PvE and PvP.) 

Jtodd has recently stated he’s not fully satisfied with the interaction around and availability of minors, since they are so vital.  I personally don’t care how they are obtained but I need to be able to focus my efforts towards a specific few rather than complete on a loot table that includes them all.  Aka, less grind, less rng.

13 hours ago, Ble said:

Jtodd has recently stated he’s not fully satisfied with the interaction around and availability of minors, since they are so vital.  I personally don’t care how they are obtained but I need to be able to focus my efforts towards a specific few rather than complete on a loot table that includes them all.  Aka, less grind, less rng.

Yeah agreed! I wonder if they will decide to implement the special discipline mobs.

I think it'd be neat if, after killing a certain amount of wartribesmen, a named mob shows up that drops a specific minor. Like kill 50 Urgu Champions and Bob the Open-Mind spawns and drops Expansive Mind, or kill 50 Satyr Knights and Sturdy Joey spawns and drops Sturdy, or kill 50 Aracoix Druids and Careless Jake spawns and drops Careless Whisper.

Though I don't know how feasible this'd be since there are like 30 different minors, and several of similar design.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, coolster50 said:

I think it'd be neat if, after killing a certain amount of wartribesmen, a named mob shows up that drops a specific minor. Like kill 50 Urgu Champions and Bob the Open-Mind spawns and drops Expansive Mind, or kill 50 Satyr Knights and Sturdy Joey spawns and drops Sturdy, or kill 50 Aracoix Druids and Careless Jake spawns and drops Careless Whisper

That would be a fun system - I like pve events like that, where you have a specific goal and that leads to a certain reward (rather than high RNG).

tiPrpwh.png

On 6/16/2019 at 1:52 AM, miraluna said:

That would be a fun system - I like pve events like that, where you have a specific goal and that leads to a certain reward (rather than high RNG).

It would also provide further incentive to actually engage the War Tribes. Not sure if that incentive currently exists in the game so far.