Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
morgunus213

What is the average amount of players online for ya'll?

The game is interesting and i get that it is a test. But I've never seen an enemy player. For that matter I've never had a need to group with another person. Its like the servers are just empty. I'm starting to think that maybe I've somehow ended up in like some bizarre oceanic server list or something. The players online at prime time on weekends seems to be around 50. This seems critically low?  Did i do something wrong or is this just how things are right now? i mean 50 players over 3 factions we are talking 16 players in my entire faction this can't possibly be correct? just to find other players that are near my level i would assume that we would need hundreds on each faction online at the same time. just to make the crafting systems work properly. Who are you supposed to be crafting for? The other 15 dudes? how much gear could they need? Whats the likely hood they need what you happen to be making? More importantly it seems like most if not everyone I've met is crafting? is there some big 'ol war somewhere where the rest of the people are playing?

Please let me know if i'm doing it wrong or if i'm supposed to be somewhere other than campaign? Also the dev blogs keep saying this is supposed to be some mixture of RTS and rpg? Did i miss the RTS stuff? is there like troops to build or something? Should i be contributing to some global faction war effort or something? is there some sort of Blizzard esk AQ unlock happening some where and i'm just in a newbie area? Please bestow me with that knowledge smack down i'm very confused.

2 hours ago, morgunus213 said:

The game is interesting and i get that it is a test. But I've never seen an enemy player. For that matter I've never had a need to group with another person. Its like the servers are just empty. I'm starting to think that maybe I've somehow ended up in like some bizarre oceanic server list or something. The players online at prime time on weekends seems to be around 50. This seems critically low?  Did i do something wrong or is this just how things are right now? i mean 50 players over 3 factions we are talking 16 players in my entire faction this can't possibly be correct? just to find other players that are near my level i would assume that we would need hundreds on each faction online at the same time. just to make the crafting systems work properly. Who are you supposed to be crafting for? The other 15 dudes? how much gear could they need? Whats the likely hood they need what you happen to be making? More importantly it seems like most if not everyone I've met is crafting? is there some big 'ol war somewhere where the rest of the people are playing?

Please let me know if i'm doing it wrong or if i'm supposed to be somewhere other than campaign? Also the dev blogs keep saying this is supposed to be some mixture of RTS and rpg? Did i miss the RTS stuff? is there like troops to build or something? Should i be contributing to some global faction war effort or something? is there some sort of Blizzard esk AQ unlock happening some where and i'm just in a newbie area? Please bestow me with that knowledge smack down i'm very confused.

you came at a low point in the pop.

Posted (edited)

pop was higher 6 months ago or so. But it never had 100 players avarage on a server, so yeah on steam such a game would be considerd "dead" but it is still a pre-alpha testbuild, even the live version. Honstly i dont have any idea when people will playtest this game more, maybe at the 6.0 Alpha start but until than i doubt that the pop will rise signifcantly. Low pop is not ideal for a pvp game. I personally think crowfall is boring and unfun atm, a lot of things have to get better til i consider to play it.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

We used to cap three zones every single night on the NA server before they introduced the grindy parts of the game that exist currently. Those grinds will reduce significantly as they tweak them and add in the other features/systems that are meant to support the grind - but until those exist, I expect the game to remain low pop.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:42 AM, morgunus213 said:

People are waiting for the game itself to get fixed so people don't rip their hair out in frustration when trying to level and/or craft.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:12 PM, Kreigon said:

pop was higher 6 months ago or so. But it never had 100 players avarage on a server, so yeah on steam such a game would be considerd "dead" but it is still a pre-alpha testbuild, even the live version. Honstly i dont have any idea when people will playtest this game more, maybe at the 6.0 Alpha start but until than i doubt that the pop will rise signifcantly. Low pop is not ideal for a pvp game. I personally think crowfall is boring and unfun atm, a lot of things have to get better til i consider to play it.

We used to have over 100 people on the NA servers for sieges.  Many a night we would be waiting in queue to get into a zone for a siege.  Now you're lucky to see 60 people on both servers combined.

I wish they'd fix combat and crafting in this game so people can get back to testing it.

Posted (edited)

We went from a regular 20+ with another dozen or so active casuals to maybe sporting 6ish a night if we’re lucky. The wipe and more grind hurt activity badly.

But we’ve had some of the best fights due to the new respawn mechanics and extra keeps.

I’m still swearing the game would be drastically improved if they just got rid of leveling, let the resources and disciplines be the grindy activity, get rid of the time sink leveling (not like your viable or doing anything productive while leveling anyways). Leveling just doesn’t add anything productive to the experience and the goal is to stop leveling as soon as possible, so why does it exist?

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, morgunus213 said:

The game is interesting and i get that it is a test.

I believe this is an example of the tester/test failing the testee.

Also the dev blogs keep saying this is supposed to be some mixture of RTS and rpg? Did i miss the RTS stuff? is there like troops to build or something? Should i be contributing to some global faction war effort or something? is there some sort of Blizzard esk AQ unlock happening some where and i'm just in a newbie area? Please bestow me with that knowledge smack down i'm very confused.

When they said it would have strategy/RTS like features, I was expecting a more complex system. AQ unlock or even just the multiple (simple) things that went on in Vanilla AV would be much better.

Instead we get grindy linear PVE and fighting over who gets to do the PVE as being the main PVP content.

We need conquest and a multi-step victory system.

So basically you aren't doing anything wrong except logging in looking for a fun game when it is far from near what is acceptable today or 10-15+ years ago.

Would love to see a Dev stream a day in the life of a Crow and what they see as fun in this design. There are a few guest streamers on the official Twitch channel and every time I click on one they are grinding mobs or running around looking for people and usually finding a far outmatched group doing PVE that they roll. Thrilling stuff.

Edited by APE

Posted (edited)

In my opinion many people ( me included) quit and wait because of the wipes without any kind of reward, I mean why I should stay grinding my character for hours and hours when maybe in a week or a month all progressions will be completely wiped...I invest my time but I want something in exchange. I mean I understand the grinding and the need  of wipesbut a compensation after the wipe will keep the players motivated.  For compensation I mean the possibility to instantly create again the character you lost. Then on the other hand if you want us just to test well unlock all from the beginning.

Edited by Hypnoticshadow